Obamacare repeal PASSES

House Republicans have passed their ambitious plan to repeal and replace Obamacare after several fits and starts, sending the measure to the Senate, where it is expected to be significantly revised.

The bill passed the House in a narrow 217-213 vote. All Democrats opposed the bill. House Republicans will now head to the White House for a press conference.

Democrats warned that the changes will leave Americans worse off.

“Make no mistake - many people will die as a result of this bill,” Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Florida, said.

Republicans, who have been promising to repeal and replace Obamacare for seven years but have struggled to coalesce around a specific legislative proposal, said they planned on keeping their promise to constituents.

“Our constituents did not elect us to do what is easy. They elected us to do what is right,” Rep. Diane Black, R-Tennessee, the chair of the House Budget Committee, said on the floor.

Republicans rallied at the Capitol this morning ahead of the vote, listening to the “Rocky” theme song. House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-California, showed Republicans a photo of Gen. George Patton with an inspirational quote: “Accept the challenge so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-passes-obamacare-replacement-bill/story?id=47200247

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

TRUMP!!!! :rockon:

Trumpcare already better than Obamacare. After all it's two less syllables.

It is the way.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2022 #Bowl or Bust 2021

"many people will die as a result of this bill" LOL. Like any politician remotely cares our about any persons well being. They just want our votes.

If Obamacare was called Bushcare or Reagancare, democrats woudl be lining up to say how bad it is and trying to repeal it. Because it has the chosen one's name attached to it, somehow a flaming pile of shit is something great.

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

If Obamacare was called Bushcare or Reagancare, democrats woudl be lining up to say how bad it is and trying to repeal it. Because it has the chosen one's name attached to it, somehow a flaming pile of shit is something great.

Now it will be called Trump care I would think. It will also fail because no one has an answer to the ridicuous rate at which healthcare costs go up. Then when you consider the "growing divide"/low wage jobs that dont support a healthcare benefit. No one has a good answer for healthcare.

If you ask me the government has a way of screwing everything up. They should have not messed with healthcare at all unless they knew how to lower prices. I will be excited if they go down to pre-obama prices.

If you ask me the government has a way of screwing everything up. They should have not messed with healthcare at all unless they knew how to lower prices. I will be excited if they go down to pre-obama prices.

I am not sure Obamacare has caused increases to healthcare costs that were not already in motion anyway. Healthcare costs have been skyrocketing since before Obamacare.

before obamacare hc was a rapidly developing disaster bc insurance companies were colluding to cover covering fewer and fewer lower income sick ppl who needed it and catering to those that dont

obamacare has failed in some key areas that need to be addressed, but overall it was better than what we had

now the house gop is trying to sell an even worse system that will bring us back to the original disaster

fortunately its just a political stunt that will die in the senate. but in the meantime we are wasting even more time in getting a real solution

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Obamacare is far from perfect but it is a step in the right direction.

Trumps plan will be a huge set back for healthcare.

I just read an interesting article today about how bankruptcy is down considerably since Obamacare was set up. It has been highly successful in that respect.

http://www.consumerreports.org/personal-bankruptcy/how-the-aca-drove-down-personal-bankruptcy/

As a physician, I can tell you that Trumpcare will almost certainly add to the deficit/debt and will insure many million fewer Americans.

When I started in practice, roughly 10% of my patients were uninsured. Now? I could probably count them on one hand. I guess that number will climb rapidly over the next few years.

I am now going to have to put my faith in the Senate (please wait while I go throw up . . . There! That's done).

Clever, BTW to delay full implementation for a few years . . . That gives the republicans great cover for the 2018/2020 elections. Be prepared to lube up generously, bend over, and ask your insurance company to go slow and use condoms (STDs after all!) as they repeatedly ass-fuck you . . . In 2021.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me and my best friend Brian Moorman at the 716. We lost to the FUCKING Cheatriots the next day. Brian and I are no longer BFF.

Obamacare failed, mostly in one area; it never addressed Heath Insurance company's costs and it never addressed the insanely high cost of Prescription drugs. Trump's plan is just as blind to those two areas. It's a fail/fail

• Like 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Actually 0bamacare was largely based Romney's healthcare plan meaning it started with a republican. Healthcare is complicated and many countries are doing it much much better than we are. Like so many things it's not about civil service or making our country better. It's about money.

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/10/23/451200436/mitt-romney-finally-takes-credit-for-obamacare

Regardless, this bill is nothing. It's not Health Care. It hasn't been read by anyone, scrutinized by outside sources or analyzed fully. It's apparently a 300 Billion dollars tax cut for the top 2% and billions more for the Health Insurance and Pharmaceutical companies. Trump can celebrate all he wants but it;'s dead when it hits the Senate

• Like 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

"many people will die as a result of this bill" LOL. Like any politician remotely cares our about any persons well being. They just want our votes.

Partially agree about "They only want votes" I was pleased with the Freedom Caucus's work on adding

Pre-Existing conditions and free market. Something no Democrats or Moderate Republican wanted to see.

The Dem's put out a bill 2'thick that they knew nothing about.The wise Nancy Pelosi said "WE have to pass this bill to know what's in it!",WTF!The Congress & Senate passed that bill that they didn't know anything about?WTF AGAIN!If you want health insurance get off your fat ass and go to work and earn it.Restore Medicare to what it was before and eliminate Medicade ALL TOGETHER!Do you know what the longest war we've been involved in?I do, Lyndon Johnson's "War on Poverty!"End that war right now!

Partially agree about "They only want votes" I was pleased with the Freedom Caucus's work on adding

Pre-Existing conditions and free market. Something no Democrats or Moderate Republican wanted to see.

Whu . . . Whu . . . Whu . . . What????? I hope like hell that you are being sarcastic, because if you are not, then that is the most fucked-up statement I have EVER seen on this fucked-up message board! And that is saying a lot, given Chinabills' posts.

Do you have any idea how health care works? Do you work in health care? Have you read the damn bill? I hope you are one of the 1%, because if you are not, you are basically screwed. I hope for your sake that you will still have health insurance in 2021. But if you are in the shrinking middle class or the ever growing working poor, you will be shit-out-of-luck with regard to health insurance.

I always thought that Medicare part D was the single worst piece of legislation ever enacted by congress, but this, if passed, would be far, far worse.

Prove to me that you know a damn thing about Obamacare and what Trumpcare will do to the health of the less fortunate over the next few years, and then I will respond again. Otherwise, shut the fuck up, because you have no idea what the hell you are talking about!

With love to a fellow human being, etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me and my best friend Brian Moorman at the 716. We lost to the FUCKING Cheatriots the next day. Brian and I are no longer BFF.

Never mind the massive increase in the deficit/debt that would result from this bill. Is that a conservative/republican value? You can't have your cake and eat it too. SMH

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Dem's put out a bill 2'thick that they knew nothing about.The wise Nancy Pelosi said "WE have to pass this bill to know what's in it!",WTF!The Congress & Senate passed that bill that they didn't know anything about?WTF AGAIN!If you want health insurance get off your fat ass and go to work and earn it.Restore Medicare to what it was before and eliminate Medicade ALL TOGETHER!Do you know what the longest war we've been involved in?I do, Lyndon Johnson's "War on Poverty!"End that war right now!

Wow! Just . . . Wow! Do you have any idea at all what you are talking about? BTW it is Medicaid, not Medicade.

So let the less fortunate have no medical care at all, and the 1% (full disclosure, I am in the 1%) have Cadillac health insurance?

Prove to me that you have any idea what the fuck you are talking about instead of just pulling shit out of you ass. Then maybe you and I can have a conversation about health care in this wonderful country of ours.

This is tied for first place in the dumbest fucking posts I have seen on this thread.

I am going to continue to bash the pro-Trumpcare posts until they give me a halfway coherent reason not to.

If you can't defend this horror of a bill then shut the hell up! You have no fucking idea what you are talking about!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crickets . . . Come on! Challenge me! Tell me I'm wrong and provide facts for your fucked up opinions. Unlike (I think) many people here, I am willing to change my point of view if you can give me even a shred of factual information to let me know that this new bill is good for most Americans, or good for the deficit/debt, or good in general. This is a death sentence for healthcare in the USA. I know, because I work in the field.

So please, please, all you anti-Obamacare homers, tell me why Trumpcare will help the poor and middle class people (or even help with our budget deficit). Give me a reason to change my mind. Don't talk platitudes, just let me know why you think this horror show of a bill will help people get health care.

I am waiting . . .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]