Mr Irrelevant-Chad Kelly goes to Denver at #253

George

The last selection of the 2017 NFL Draft and the newest member of the esteemed fraternity of those named Mr. Irrelevant is Ole Miss quarterback Chad Kelly.

Kelly was selected by the Denver Broncos with the No. 253 overall selection, officially bringing the NFL draft to a close. But for Kelly, the pick doesn’t just mean he’s the newest member of the Broncos — he’s also now in line for a week of celebration in Southern California.

In 1976, former NFL wide receiver Paul Salata invented Irrelevant Week, a one-week celebration of the final pick in the draft. After an arrival party, trip to Disneyland, and other festivities, Kelly will receive the Lowsman Trophy — a parody of the Heisman Trophy.

If Kelly actually makes an impact for the Broncos, it would buck a long trend of Mr. Irrelevant selections doing not much of anything. The last real contributor was Ryan Succop — the last selection in the 2009 NFL Draft — who started five seasons for the Kansas City Chiefs and is now with the Tennessee Titans.

He has a strong chance at making the roster in Denver, where there is no sure thing at quarterback and there is an impending battle between Paxton Lynch and Trevor Siemian.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/29/15487828/2017-nfl-draft-mr-irrelevant-chad-kelly

Kelly should have been a Bill. Could still happen if Denver cuts him. You never know. Kid may have been a dunderhead in the past, but he is talented. Stay tuned folks.

Clearly a block by Elway to keep him from Buffalo

Just my opinnion

boo

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

its our own damn fault, he should of been our pick instead of petermen. I watched this guys work over the last few months, and went back in and looked at it again today. I didn't like it then, and I feel the same way again. He is just not a very accurate passer! I know, and that's what everyone raves about, was his win against Clemson this past season. I guess my dislike for Elway continues! thought for sure we would pick Kelly up in the undrafted. Been listening to a lot of briefings this weekend from the Coach, on picking players with character. I guess Chad didn't meet that. No Mahomes and no Kelly. just personally disappointed! Now I have to hope this will be the year, TT, Really steps up his game. For I do find him fun to watch at times! GO BILLS!

You will like Peterman . He is the only qb ready now for the nfl due to his experience in a pro style offense where he called audibles and got everybody lined up. This guy is sharp and accurate. He is more ready the any other qb drafted. He took his hand offs from center . It won't be long before fans will be yelling Peterman. Anybody who can beat clemson on the road the toughest place to play and throw 5 td no picks us something special

Kelly should have been a Bill. Could still happen if Denver cuts him. You never know. Kid may have been a dunderhead in the past, but he is talented. Stay tuned folks.

I hope not . . .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me and my best friend Brian Moorman at the 716. We lost to the FUCKING Cheatriots the next day. Brian and I are no longer BFF.

I cant agree with you Superscout! have done the work and watched all his 2016 games on you tube. as I said, except for his game against Clemson, his accuracy was Horrible! the only reason, imo, they say he is NFL ready is because he was the only one under Center. If you watched his games I guess we all don't see things the same way. He is also, very vanilla! I gotta hope, TT, turns the corner, improves, and keeps the excitement going, except with more wins. Also, maybe we will find one next year, as many have implied! like your confidence in this guy, but I just don't see it.GO BILLS!

Too messy if it doesn't work out. Say Chad Kelly ends up on the roster and we cut him after two weeks, it could create bad blood between Jimbo and the organization.

Not to mention the increased pressure of trying to live up to your Uncle's legacy is a daunting task.

Wish Chad well, just not in Buffalo. Even if Chad was a 1st round talent, I'd pass on him for the reasons mentioned above. With that said, Elway knows how to pick QBs. Wouldn't surprise me if Chad Kelly has a certain level of success in the NFL. I will say this, if Chad Kelly ends up being the starting QB for the Denver Broncos, I will be rooting for them every game except against the Bills.

This is what the board is for everybodys opinion. I can tell you the Bills had him as 3rd round pick and when he dropped maybe because what you saw they scooped him up. He also had a good senior bowl game. Remember he had limited weapons at pitt. Camp will be exciting with nice competition

This is what the board is for everybodys opinion. I can tell you the Bills had him as 3rd round pick and when he dropped maybe because what you saw they scooped him up. He also had a good senior bowl game. Remember he had limited weapons at pitt. Camp will be exciting with nice competition

Your post is kind of off topic but I'm WAITING for fans to start pounding the table for Nate Peterman to start. As soon as Tyrod has a bad game, the controversy will start. And I can't blame them. Honestly, Tyrod is not a long term answer, if Tyrod struggles, I want Peterman in there right away to see what we got. We have a shit ton of fire power in a strong QB draft class coming out next year. We need to know.

Well I am a Bills fan and I will give him the chance to show it. if he gets the nod one day, I will be behind him. your right tho, I watched his work, but I really do Not know the other players on Pitt! that he had to work with. I should have given that some thought! GO BILLS!