ESPN reports Byrd wants 9mil

Angry Byrds

He's said himself he wants to see what comes his way in FA and wants some stability. If he is offered as much as we offered from a contendor of course he will jump ship!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Adopt A Bill is Aaron Willams.

What Jairus Byrd wants is to not play for the Buffalo Bills. At some point we have to move on.

The Rules Of The Range

1) Every thought should be a thread.

2) The Bills should seriously consider every available player.

3) Every good player wants to play for the Bills.

4) Every team with a need to fill is looking at trading with the Bills.

It's being widely reported Byrd's asking price has dropped to $8 Million a year. We know the Bills offered him more than that.

The Rules Of The Range

1) Every thought should be a thread.

2) The Bills should seriously consider every available player.

3) Every good player wants to play for the Bills.

4) Every team with a need to fill is looking at trading with the Bills.

You know they are lying how? Man, you are full of crap!

So much for those 10 mill a year bullshit reports huh ??

OBD lying through their teeth as usual to save face

So much for those 10 mill a year bullshit reports huh ??

OBD lying through their teeth as usual to save face

RALPH IS CHEAP!!!!!

How do you know they are not ?? You take them for their word, I sure as shit don't. I've got 14+ years of ineptitude, lies and bullshit to back me up.

Byrd wants 9 a year. We offered 10 and he didn't sign ?? Riiight. More like we didn't offer that and it was just a rumor like plenty of articles said at the time. Never buy into numbers that come from "sources"

But you keep believing OBD, I'm sure you think we also "offered" that sum to Cowher at one time.

Edited by Victor7

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

How do you know they are not ?? You take them for their word, I sure as shit don't. I've got 14+ years of ineptitude, lies and bullshit to back me up.

Byrd wants 9 a year. We offered 10 and he didn't sign ?? Riiight. More like we didn't offer that and it was just a rumor like plenty of articles said at the time. Never buy into numbers that come from "sources"

But you keep believing OBD, I'm sure you think we also "offered" that sum to Cowher at one time.

Report was $30mil over the first 3 years. That doesn't mean it was $10mil per year, the amount of money could easily drop off after the first 3 years....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe he doesn't want to play here? Maybe his agent said we could get something similar? Maybe he didn't like the way the Bills contract was structured?

Dude, get out of here with this crap! I have been a fan for over 20 years. I haven't heard the Bills say anything specific about his contract. I have heard "reports", and nothing from the Bills. So you sit in your conspiracy world, and enjoy. Your still full of crap!

Maybe he doesn't want to play here? Maybe his agent said we could get something similar? Maybe he didn't like the way the Bills contract was structured?

Dude, get out of here with this crap! I have been a fan for over 20 years. I haven't heard the Bills say anything specific about his contract. I have heard "reports", and nothing from the Bills. So you sit in your conspiracy world, and enjoy. Your still full of crap!

RALPH IS CHEAP!!!!!

Do you know what I find amazing about Byrd? Back when he was drafted, Buffalorumblings did a poll on what everyone thought of the pick. 71% of the fans didn't like it. Now everyone is going nuts because he's leaving.

I was against the pick at the time, but I was wrong. He proved himself on the field.

Do you know what I find amazing about Byrd? Back when he was drafted, Buffalorumblings did a poll on what everyone thought of the pick. 71% of the fans didn't like it. Now everyone is going nuts because he's leaving.

I was against the pick at the time, but I was wrong. He proved himself on the field.

xfnjfd.jpg

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Bills fans

Report was $30mil over the first 3 years. That doesn't mean it was $10mil per year, the amount of money could easily drop off after the first 3 years....

You are correct. I averaged it. I still don't think we offered it.

Why do you think they haven't said anything about it ??? Because they didn't offer it. It was just a rumor to get the fans against Byrd. I mean if it was real then go out to the world and tell them the truth that its Byrd not signing the deal for other reasons not related to the money.

I sit in my realistic world in which this team is the only one in the league not to make the post season in 10+ years. That's a fact. Call me all you want you are the one buying what OBD is selling, not me. "Full of shit" ?? grow up.

Edited by Victor7

You know what I think it was ?? .... It was more of being against the drafting of another DB than actually not liking Byrd. I mean he came in with solid credentials. But after the Jauron years in which all we did was draft DB's I think that pissed people off. Not Byrd per say. We would've reacted about the same for just about any DB IMO.

Just heard this on espn radio. We cant pay this guy 9mil a year, and after reports that we offered 10 over the 1st 3 years? I think its time to call BS on this organization.

It cant bode well for Byrd that Bethea signed a 4 year 6 per deal and Whitner 5 year $7m per deal in his pursuit for $9 mil as they are comparable players. Albert, a Pro Bowl LT signed for $9 mil per. A team may reach and offer Byrd a 5/39, (near $8m per) which may still bring the Bills back in play if he actually wanted to be in Buffalo. $30 mil over 3 is impressive, but you know that was probably tied up in the 3rd year salary, and a pre-3rd year roster bonus. Think bonus of $10m, sal of $1m, then bonus of $3m, sal of $2m then roster bonus of $5 mil, salary of $10 mil before salaries of an average if $5m in years 4-5. If would almost be like a re-signing for that 3rd year, weighing an additional $15m v. a dead cap hit of $3m. Its a common strategy now and works like a 2 year $16 mil deal, with a team option for 3 years at $25 mil.