my promise to the bills

I have been a bills fan since before i knew what football really was, stuck by em through tons of horrible seasons, coaches and all around horrible decisions, this byrd deal might be the final straw for ne.

My promise, id like to say if they let byrd walk, but ill give em till the end of the season ( so pry by week 9) to prove me wrong, but when we let byrd walk cause we wont pay him what hes worth, and then we miss the playoffs and extend that record, i am going to post a video to youtube of me burning my bills shit and put the link on here.

I am feed up with this loser orginization who keeps making empty promises (such as we r going to draft players and keep and pay the good ones) they use just to make excuses for being cheap, mario was a distraction from that to show well soend money, but the thing is we still have tons of cap yet refuse to soend it. I could go on for days but just wanted to say i am done finacially supporting a losing team who refuses to soend money to try and win, youd think old ass wilson would be spendin as much as he could tryin to get a ring before he dies, we could pay byrd a 5 yr 60 mill (12 a year) and still have tons of cap left over

I have been a bills fan since before i knew what football really was, stuck by em through tons of horrible seasons, coaches and all around horrible decisions, this byrd deal might be the final straw for ne.

My promise, id like to say if they let byrd walk, but ill give em till the end of the season ( so pry by week 9) to prove me wrong, but when we let byrd walk cause we wont pay him what hes worth, and then we miss the playoffs and extend that record, i am going to post a video to youtube of me burning my bills shit and put the link on here.

I am feed up with this loser orginization who keeps making empty promises (such as we r going to draft players and keep and pay the good ones) they use just to make excuses for being cheap, mario was a distraction from that to show well soend money, but the thing is we still have tons of cap yet refuse to soend it. I could go on for days but just wanted to say i am done finacially supporting a losing team who refuses to soend money to try and win, youd think old ass wilson would be spendin as much as he could tryin to get a ring before he dies, we could pay byrd a 5 yr 60 mill (12 a year) and still have tons of cap left over

Amen brother

I've had them on a monetary hiatus for 4 years now. No merch, no tickets, nothing. This idiots don't deserve a single dime of mine until they start trying to win on the field not just on the pockets

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Besides Byrd, can you guys give me one example of something you haven't liked since Russ took over?

Spare me the tim graham articles and the 14 years of no playoffs. I'm talking about just the past 2 years.

Edit:

The crap they put at LG after not resigning Levitre was pretty lame. That's on Whaley and Marrone for not identifying that weakness. Yeah, they could have overpaid for Andy, but I'm not upset they didn't overpay for a guard.

Terry Pegula talking about Rex Ryan

"This guy right here tells his realtor, 'Where does the most snow fall in the area? I want to live there.' How Buffalo is that?"

Besides Byrd, can you guys give me one example of something you haven't liked since Russ took over?

Spare me the tim graham articles and the 14 years of no playoffs. I'm talking about just the past 2 years.

Edit:

The crap they put at LG after not resigning Levitre was pretty lame. That's on Whaley and Marrone for not identifying that weakness. Yeah, they could have overpaid for Andy, but I'm not upset they didn't overpay for a guard.

The Toronto series may not be from the past 2 years but its Russ' baby. So were the TO and Marv PR moves. I don't know why you wanna do the "2 year thing" Brandon's been in position to be influential for quite some time now.

The LG thing does stand out. And it was ok not to overpay for a guard. Said it plenty of times. It was also supposed to help resign Byrd .... uoops !! And the replacementes they brought in were pathetic. You'd think that having 20+ mill in cap space they could've done better.

Edit:

You beat me to it, the levitre thing pissed me off, now if we would habe brought in someone capable to fill the void no then i would have been fine with it, but we didnt, and we habe plenty of cap space to sign him and byrd, sometimes when you suck you have to ober pay to keep talent, especially when you always are near the top of the whos got the most cap space list there is no excuse to sign you deserving talent back, especially when weve been told we were goin to keep the good guys weve drafted.

As far as the whole russ brandon being the savior and ralph wilson stepping down from day to day operations, i dont buy it, ralph is still stuffing his matress with hundred from his decisions to let good talent go because hed rather sign someone unproven and hype em uo as a good player, or deaft a rookie and hope they perform because they are cheap.

I am sick of being the farm team for legitimate franchises, we are the laughing stock, ans unless the front office proves me wrong this year i am pretty confidant ill be sitting by a buffalo bonfire by about mid season.

Edit:

You beat me to it, the levitre thing pissed me off, now if we would habe brought in someone capable to fill the void no then i would have been fine with it, but we didnt, and we habe plenty of cap space to sign him and byrd, sometimes when you suck you have to ober pay to keep talent, especially when you always are near the top of the whos got the most cap space list there is no excuse to sign you deserving talent back, especially when weve been told we were goin to keep the good guys weve drafted.

As far as the whole russ brandon being the savior and ralph wilson stepping down from day to day operations, i dont buy it, ralph is still stuffing his matress with hundred from his decisions to let good talent go because hed rather sign someone unproven and hype em uo as a good player, or deaft a rookie and hope they perform because they are cheap.

I am sick of being the farm team for legitimate franchises, we are the laughing stock, ans unless the front office proves me wrong this year i am pretty confidant ill be sitting by a buffalo bonfire by about mid season.

The Toronto series is bush league. Especially now with the long term lease in place for the Ralph. When you listen to them talk about the series, they talk about this past year being the worst crowd yet. My guess is they'll play there again next year and hopefully if the crowd sucks again, they'll cancel it for good. Or if the Ralph sells out 8 games, hopefully they'll cancel it. Between the shitty crowd, Marrone clearly not liking it, and the horrible record, they had to do something.

In terms of Levitre and Byrd, here's why I'm not bent out of shape about it. First, it's the players right to enter free agency and sign with whoever he wants. Players went on strike 1987 so that they could move teams and earn bigger contracts. It took 6 years for the players and owners to agree on free agency and it was put in place in 1993. Six years to finally agree on something means it's a pretty damn big deal.

Yes, they could have franchise tagged Byrd like last year. What are the chances he'd hold out again? Pretty high I would assume. What are the chances he'd hold out even longer? 50/50? How is that good use of resources? How does that make other players feel? If you told your boss you were going to quit and move to another area because you were going to get paid more, prefer a different area, and it's good for the family, and he said no, you have to stay. Sure you might get a pay raise, but wouldn't that piss you off? How would that make other employees feel?

Have you ever seen a player bash another player for going to another team to sign a big deal? They all know their careers are very short and could end on any play. They have to look out for themselves and some guys enter free agency and look for every possible cent they can make. Some guys like AW, Kyle, Fred, and the other handful on the Bills are happy with a very good deal, but maybe not the max they could receive. Players respect either decision, why can't fans?

Look around the league, players leave all the time. Welker wouldn't negotiate so the Pats sent him walking. They haven't extended Edleman who could easily go to another team and make a ton of money. That could be 2 years in a row Brady losses his best WR. Mario, Asomugha, Peppers, Wallace, Brees, Vincent Jackson, and Jake Long are just a small number of top players that have left their team in free agency for a big pay day in recent history.

When I try to judge the Bills, I try to look at the overall picture. Marrone made a mistake by not hiring a QB coach last year. He goes out and hires a guy who's been in the league and worked with EJ. They also go out and get a well respected guy in Hostler. Pettine leaves and takes a few coaches. The Bills go out quickly, find the best replacement instead of just promoting within. In addition to finding another proven DC, they grab a LB coach who's been a DC before, and a very highly respected DL coach in Pepper Johnson.

I know it's a long winded post and it won't change your mind because possibly the top 2 players in recent history on the Bills (Peters and Byrd) have or will probably leave in free agency. No question they've made other poor player decisions. In my mind, it's just that, poor decisions, not Ralph pulling strings in the background to make a few extra bucks. I'm not even talking about Peters, he was being very difficult in that situation. Sure they could have thrown a ton of money at him, but does that send a great message? Hold out and we'll meet all of your demands! I'm thinking more in lines of Winfield, Pat Williams, and Greer when I'm annoyed with the Bills. Those are the core, talented guys like AW, Kyle, Fred, that they need to resign to reasonable deals.

I guess in my mind, it comes down to Byrd wanting to test free agency. The Bills did what they could to keep a happy Byrd here, but that wasn't going to happen. It's Byrd's right to enter free agency and sign a huge deal. I won't crucify the Bills for what Byrd is trying to do.

"This guy right here tells his realtor, 'Where does the most snow fall in the area? I want to live there.' How Buffalo is that?"

The Toronto series is bush league. Especially now with the long term lease in place for the Ralph. When you listen to them talk about the series, they talk about this past year being the worst crowd yet. My guess is they'll play there again next year and hopefully if the crowd sucks again, they'll cancel it for good. Or if the Ralph sells out 8 games, hopefully they'll cancel it. Between the shitty crowd, Marrone clearly not liking it, and the horrible record, they had to do something.

In terms of Levitre and Byrd, here's why I'm not bent out of shape about it. First, it's the players right to enter free agency and sign with whoever he wants. Players went on strike 1987 so that they could move teams and earn bigger contracts. It took 6 years for the players and owners to agree on free agency and it was put in place in 1993. Six years to finally agree on something means it's a pretty damn big deal.

Yes, they could have franchise tagged Byrd like last year. What are the chances he'd hold out again? Pretty high I would assume. What are the chances he'd hold out even longer? 50/50? How is that good use of resources? How does that make other players feel? If you told your boss you were going to quit and move to another area because you were going to get paid more, prefer a different area, and it's good for the family, and he said no, you have to stay. Sure you might get a pay raise, but wouldn't that piss you off? How would that make other employees feel?

Have you ever seen a player bash another player for going to another team to sign a big deal? They all know their careers are very short and could end on any play. They have to look out for themselves and some guys enter free agency and look for every possible cent they can make. Some guys like AW, Kyle, Fred, and the other handful on the Bills are happy with a very good deal, but maybe not the max they could receive. Players respect either decision, why can't fans?

Look around the league, players leave all the time. Welker wouldn't negotiate so the Pats sent him walking. They haven't extended Edleman who could easily go to another team and make a ton of money. That could be 2 years in a row Brady losses his best WR. Mario, Asomugha, Peppers, Wallace, Brees, Vincent Jackson, and Jake Long are just a small number of top players that have left their team in free agency for a big pay day in recent history.

When I try to judge the Bills, I try to look at the overall picture. Marrone made a mistake by not hiring a QB coach last year. He goes out and hires a guy who's been in the league and worked with EJ. They also go out and get a well respected guy in Hostler. Pettine leaves and takes a few coaches. The Bills go out quickly, find the best replacement instead of just promoting within. In addition to finding another proven DC, they grab a LB coach who's been a DC before, and a very highly respected DL coach in Pepper Johnson.

I know it's a long winded post and it won't change your mind because possibly the top 2 players in recent history on the Bills (Peters and Byrd) have or will probably leave in free agency. No question they've made other poor player decisions. In my mind, it's just that, poor decisions, not Ralph pulling strings in the background to make a few extra bucks. I'm not even talking about Peters, he was being very difficult in that situation. Sure they could have thrown a ton of money at him, but does that send a great message? Hold out and we'll meet all of your demands! I'm thinking more in lines of Winfield, Pat Williams, and Greer when I'm annoyed with the Bills. Those are the core, talented guys like AW, Kyle, Fred, that they need to resign to reasonable deals.

I guess in my mind, it comes down to Byrd wanting to test free agency. The Bills did what they could to keep a happy Byrd here, but that wasn't going to happen. It's Byrd's right to enter free agency and sign a huge deal. I won't crucify the Bills for what Byrd is trying to do.

Both Peters and Byrd were avoidable messes. If both players had been extended in due time, before the tags and free agencies and the sorts. If OBD had done what they just did with AW by extending him well before his deal is up nothing would've happened. But in true inept fashion they waited until the last moment and lost both times. Why ?? Because both Peters and Byrd are elite players (unlike AW) so they were going to cost absolute top dollar (again unlike AW). Strategy ?? Wait 'til the end. Pretend to try and watch them leave for nothing in return and cry to the fans about how they didn't want to be here.

Both Peters and Byrd were avoidable messes. If both players had been extended in due time, before the tags and free agencies and the sorts. If OBD had done what they just did with AW by extending him well before his deal is up nothing would've happened. But in true inept fashion they waited until the last moment and lost both times. Why ?? Because both Peters and Byrd are elite players (unlike AW) so they were going to cost absolute top dollar (again unlike AW). Strategy ?? Wait 'til the end. Pretend to try and watch them leave for nothing in return and cry to the fans about how they didn't want to be here.

great post.

great post.

I guess you forgot when the Bills gave Peters a 5 year 15 million dollar extension when he started playing at a high level at RT. Then when he wanted more 2 years later, they told him to come to camp and they'd talk. At that point Peters held out, with 3 years left on his contract. Yup, all on OBD for failing to sign their guys before their deal is over.

So you know for a fact that they didn't ask Byrd to work on an extension two years ago, only to have him say no, I want to play out my deal? Players do that all the time.

I guess you forgot when the Bills gave Peters a 5 year 15 million dollar extension when he started playing at a high level at RT. Then when he wanted more 2 years later, they told him to come to camp and they'd talk. At that point Peters held out, with 3 years left on his contract. Yup, all on OBD for failing to sign their guys before their deal is over.

So you know for a fact that they didn't ask Byrd to work on an extension two years ago, only to have him say no, I want to play out my deal? Players do that all the time.

Common E !! that's weak sauce. You said it yourself. A RT deal. Much lower than LT deals. Peters outplayed the deal by miles and deservedly so asked for a raise.

I don't. But neither do you that they did. I'll side against the team that has the longest streak in the league without post season or even a winning year. Its not like they are the model of success in the NFL.

Common E !! that's weak sauce. You said it yourself. A RT deal. Much lower than LT deals. Peters outplayed the deal by miles and deservedly so asked for a raise.

I don't. But neither do you that they did. I'll side against the team that has the longest streak in the league without post season or even a winning year. Its not like they are the model of success in the NFL.

Couldnt have said it better myself, step one down, byrd is gone, step two should be locked up around mid season, getting my firepit all set up, might grill buffalo burgers over a bed of bills merchandise, i will say this though, ill pry be like the guy from major league, hatin and rootin against the bills, but secretly hoping they turn it around so i can once again become a proud fan.

Couldnt have said it better myself, step one down, byrd is gone, step two should be locked up around mid season, getting my firepit all set up, might grill buffalo burgers over a bed of bills merchandise, i will say this though, ill pry be like the guy from major league, hatin and rootin against the bills, but secretly hoping they turn it around so i can once again become a proud fan.

Please get this joke of a franchise as far out of Buffalo as possible so we "football" fans can watch real football games. Now they want a new stadium. Are you freakin kidding me. This organization is one of the biggest jokes in professional sports history and we are going to even think about one tax dollar supporting this joke of a sports franchise. I'm not upset about off season this is not about this year it's about all but a handful of years this teams has existed. Please go Bills. I don't care where just far enough that I don't have to watch you. Oh I know all the tailgaters will bash the idea because they are into their party before the game not a football game. Just my .02 cents worth.