Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes sentenced to 18 years in prison for plot to keep Trump in power

Nice!  They all should heave got that kind of sentence for participating in an insurrection.

"Stewart Rhodes, the founder and leader of the Oath Keepers, was sentenced to 18 years in prison on Thursday for leading a far-reaching plot to keep then-President Donald Trump in power after he lost the 2020 election.

The sentence is the first handed down in over a decade for seditious conspiracy.

“What we absolutely cannot have is a group of citizens who – because they did not like the outcome of an election, who did not believe the law was followed as it should be – foment revolution,” District Judge Amit Mehta said before handing down the sentence. “That is what you did.”

“I dare say Mr. Rhodes – and I never have said this to anyone I have sentenced – you pose an ongoing threat and peril to our democracy and the fabric of this country,” Mehta said."

more:     https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/25/politics/oath-keepers-sentencing-stewart-rhodes-kelly-meggs/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/25/politics/oath-keepers-sentencing-stewart-rhodes-kelly-meggs/index.html

do-you-think-this-republican-would-change-parties-today-full.jpg[/img]

4 minutes ago, TonyasTaters said:

The judge said what Rhodes had done was domestic terrorism. Let's be clear Trump supports Rhodes who also is a terrorist. Put Trump and Rhodes in Guantanamo bay. 

Couldn't agree  more with ya.

But Christ ,most right wingers won't even call it what it was, an insurrection.

• Like 2

I'm still wishing the deep state would do its job.

Don't doubt it, Trump will do it again if given a chance.

And the right wingers here and everywhere will be cheering him on.

And I'll still take our democracy over their lives any day.

40 minutes ago, micknaboz said:

I'm still wishing the deep state would do its job.

Don't doubt it, Trump will do it again if given a chance.

And the right wingers here and everywhere will be cheering him on.

And I'll still take our democracy over their lives any day.

Trump being elected in 2024 is good for Canada as I have explained in the past.

The Satan being elected in 2024 is just scary.

He is the kinda guy who would nuke another country who are NOT his kind of Christian over some dispute.

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

14 minutes ago, SpikedLemonade said:

Trump being elected in 2024 is good for Canada as I have explained in the past.

The Satan being elected in 2024 is just scary.

He is the kinda guy who would nuke another country who are NOT his kind of Christian over some dispute.

For me it's a bit of a tough call on who's worse.

We already know if Trump gets re-elected he will again attempt a coup.

I do view DeSantis as more dangerous to the Republic however, cuz I think he's smarter and more hateful than Trump and more likely to pull off a coup.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, micknaboz said:

For me it's a bit of a tough call on who's worse.

We already know if Trump gets re-elected he will again attempt a coup.

I do view DeSantis as more dangerous to the Republic however, cuz I think he's smarter and more hateful than Trump and more likely to pull off a coup.

Plus Trump can only be elected for one term and at the end of it he would be 82 years old.

The Satan is pure evil.

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

And another appropriate sentence.

Jessica Watkins: Oath Keepers member and Army veteran sentenced to 8.5 years in prison for January 6

Jessica Watkins, an Army veteran and member of the far-right Oath Keepers, was sentenced Friday to 8.5 years in prison for participating in a plot to disrupt the certification of the 2020 presidential election culminating in the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol.

Judge Amit Mehta said Watkins’ efforts at the Capitol were “aggressive” and said she did not have immediate remorse, even though she has since apologized.

“Your role that day was more aggressive, more assaultive, more purposeful than perhaps others’. And you led others to fulfill your purposes,” Mehta said. “And there was not in the immediate aftermath any sense of shame or contrition, just the opposite. Your comments were celebratory and lacked a real sense of the gravity of that day and your role in it.”

more:  https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/26/politics/oath-keepers-jessica-watkins-sentencing/index.html

As an Army Veteran I think she should have got more than the 8.5 years.

As an aside, Trump and now DeSantis have both said they will pardon all the domestic terrorists at the Jan 6 insurrection.

That is pretty fucked up.

If you don't think so, you're real fucked up,

9 minutes ago, micknaboz said:

As an aside, Trump and now DeSantis have both said they will pardon all the domestic terrorists at the Jan 6 insurrection.

There are just some people who really are deserving of a pardon, regardless of the crime.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think most people will agree that for his haircut alone Flynn deserved a pardon.

imho they all deserve 10 years for their participation in the insurrection.Especially all those you just posted pictures of.

Trump deserves at least 15.  Let that traitor die in jail.

2 hours ago, micknaboz said:

Not a single one of those people said they’d pardon ALL of the people that have been convicted for their patriotism (albeit some of it not enacted in a very intelligent way) on Jan. 6th 2021!!! 

This post certainly has become one of those “left wing mushy cookie parties” that BlobasaurusAIDS has enjoyed so many times over his useless life! 🤦‍♂️🚌

9 minutes ago, Toofast80 said:

Not a single one of those people said they’d pardon ALL of the people that have been convicted for their patriotism (albeit some of it not enacted in a very intelligent way) on Jan. 6th 2021!!! 

This post certainly has become one of those “left wing mushy cookie parties” that BlobasaurusAIDS has enjoyed so many times over his useless life! 🤦‍♂️🚌

What do you expect from bozo??? He uses food stamps to buy his diapers.

10 hours ago, micknaboz said:

You better start paying attention.. Desantis just came out in the past week and said he'd pardon them. . Trump has said he was inclined to pardon a large portion of the insurrectionists.

Google my friend is an awesome thing. More so when you have voice to text.

imho.

And you've gone off the deep end saying that was a patriotic thing.

Tell the families of the dead that.

Your reading and comprehension levels are about where I expected they’d be, very REMEDIAL! Again, nobody that you mentioned said they would pardon ALL, ALL  of the people that have been sentenced from the events of 1/6/21! Get a clue, get an education, and then come on back with your “talk to text”, “Google only” intellect👍.

And yes, It’s sad that people die, I feel for the families of the 60+ people that died from the riots of the year prior, which were enticed &supported by the treasonous people that are supposedly “in charge” of this country ATPIT 🤦‍♂️😔...

4 minutes ago, Toofast80 said:

Your reading and comprehension levels are about where I expected they’d be, very REMEDIAL! Again, nobody that you mentioned said they would pardon ALL, ALL  of the people that have been sentenced from the events of 1/6/21! Get a clue, get an education, and then come on back with your “talk to text”, “Google only” intellect👍.

Yadda yadda yadda