Crazy Legs Mock Draft 4/17/23

This is a mock draft based only on prospects that had a Pre-Draft Visit or Private Workout with the Bills.

It is also what I think Beane will do - not the picks I want.   
Lastly it leaves out any trade downs to get an extra pick.   Beane did that last year and the year before, so I believe there is a good chance he does it again. 

The WRs were all snatched off the board in the 1st round, so Beane has to turn to......

TinyTake16-04-2023-10-52-18.png.35b7c6b26fb384daf7c4d737c2c9328b.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAHall93 said:

I can’t see Dell being picked that high. Guess we’ll see.

Tank probably won't be drafted in the 2nd, but I think Beane wants to draft a DLineman and WR, or, WR and DLineman so he can check his boxes.   If he waits until the 3rd round, not sure who would be left.   (James Cook was a Pre-Draft 30 visit last year, but I still didn't think BB would draft Cook in the 2nd round.   He was more of a "3rd round projection")

If Jalin Hyatt is still there at 59, he would be another potential option. 

3 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

I would not be happy with this draft. 

These are Pre-Draft Visit and Private Workout players.    So each is on Beane's radar.

Which ones will he select will depend on who is available, and in what round. 

I assume JSN, Zay Flowers and Jordan Addison are gone when we pick at 27.   
Since I believe Beane wants a WR, and a DT, early in the draft, he has to pivot, IMO, to take the DT first and then the WR in the 2nd. 

How badly does he want a DT and a WR is the question.    Tight End, Safety, another RB, and probably LB are most likely on his shopping list as well. 

I would like him to snag Matthew Bergeron in the 2nd if he is available.....

17 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

These are Pre-Draft Visit and Private Workout players.    So each is on Beane's radar.

Which ones will he select will depend on who is available, and in what round. 

I assume JSN, Zay Flowers and Jordan Addison are gone when we pick at 27.   
Since I believe Beane wants a WR, and a DT, early in the draft, he has to pivot, IMO, to take the DT first and then the WR in the 2nd. 

How badly does he want a DT and a WR is the question.    Tight End, Safety, another RB, and probably LB are most likely on his shopping list as well. 

I would like him to snag Matthew Bergeron in the 2nd if he is available.....

I would hope they trade down then. I'd rather not take smith in the first round. I'd much rather have pickens/benton in round 2 plus another pick. 

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

42 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

I would hope they trade down then. I'd rather not take smith in the first round. I'd much rather have pickens/benton in round 2 plus another pick. 

Me love me some trading down.    Quite frankly we need the picks to help with getting some cheap contracts. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

After today's press conference by Beane, I swear he had that look in his eye that he was going to DOUBLE DIP AT Defensive Tackle.   

There’s a lot of people that just can’t admit that they’re not good at something and they just keep forcing it again and again, until they’ve completely destroyed their career. I see Beene’s inability to admit he sucks at evaluating DL as having the potential to be his downfall.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

42 minutes ago, Nuke said:

There’s a lot of people that just can’t admit that they’re not good at something and they just keep forcing it again and again, until they’ve completely destroyed their career. I see Beene’s inability to admit he sucks at evaluating DL as having the potential to be his downfall.

DO YOU SEE MR. BEANE'S EVALUATION OF OL TALENT AS BETTER?

I don't.

I don't want to be THE asshole but I guess that is what I am.

I also think that BEANE just generally sucks in drafting period

Sure he drafted Josh Allen however now Beane is going to have Allen broke and through mismanagement ruin Josh Allen's career.

His 2nd round draft picks are legendary shit.  A Born Again Extreme Uber Right Wing monkey in Alabama would do better throwing lawn darts at a Trump Fluffer and seeing where the Fluffer lands on the enormous blood soaked pre-marked drop sheet chart on the floor.

Last year's 1st round CB NEVER really got on the field.

Mr. Beane's first round pick of Ed Oliver is leaving town after this season.

Beane traded up in the first round to draft Edmunds and that was painful to watch for a full 5 years.  A player with less football instinct I have NEVER seen in the NFL at that important MLB (Defensive Coach on the Field)  position.  It was only because Edmunds was an athletic freak that sometimes he made up for his poor initial read and he caught up to ball carriers where other Bills were in the process of making or missing a tackle.  I am sure is a great person off the field.  His brothers and him are really kool.  I would definitely chill with them.  However, as a Starting NFL MLB on a contending team, he was just NOT good enough.  There I said it.

Drafting Boogie in the 2nd was retarded after drafting Groot in the 1st round.  I like Groot.  I think he will have a break out year this year if we get good DT play.  I think Oliver comes in super duper motivated this year in his last year on his rookie contract.  He is going to be a monster.

ESPN

FORD

They are NOT going to put their commercials on televised Bills games.

Just very poor early drafting.

Mr. Bean does nail some later round picks.

He is also decent trader with the player he is trading for or away is NOT a OL player.

Bates sucks.

Spike out...

• Like 2

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

1 hour ago, SpikedLemonade said:

DO YOU SEE MR. BEANE'S EVALUATION OF OL TALENT AS BETTER?

I don't.

I don't want to be THE asshole but I guess that is what I am.

I also think that BEANE just generally sucks in drafting period

Sure he drafted Josh Allen however now Beane is going to have Allen broke and through mismanagement ruin Josh Allen's career.

His 2nd round draft picks are legendary shit.  A Born Again Extreme Uber Right Wing monkey in Alabama would do better throwing lawn darts at a Trump Fluffer and seeing where the Fluffer lands on the enormous blood soaked pre-marked drop sheet chart on the floor.

Last year's 1st round CB NEVER really got on the field.

Mr. Beane's first round pick of Ed Oliver is leaving town after this season.

Beane traded up in the first round to draft Edmunds and that was painful to watch for a full 5 years.  A player with less football instinct I have NEVER seen in the NFL at that important MLB (Defensive Coach on the Field)  position.  It was only because Edmunds was an athletic freak that sometimes he made up for his poor initial read and he caught up to ball carriers where other Bills were in the process of making or missing a tackle.  I am sure is a great person off the field.  His brothers and him are really kool.  I would definitely chill with them.  However, as a Starting NFL MLB on a contending team, he was just NOT good enough.  There I said it.

Drafting Boogie in the 2nd was retarded after drafting Groot in the 1st round.  I like Groot.  I think he will have a break out year this year if we get good DT play.  I think Oliver comes in super duper motivated this year in his last year on his rookie contract.  He is going to be a monster.

ESPN

FORD

They are NOT going to put their commercials on televised Bills games.

Just very poor early drafting.

Mr. Bean does nail some later round picks.

He is also decent trader with the player he is trading for or away is NOT a OL player.

Bates sucks.

Spike out...

I think Straight J hijacked Spike’s keyboard. Good points though. Ford was a joke. Brown’s not the worst 3rd round pick they’ve had, but, all you need to do is watch any of the Dolphin games to know he’s a backup at best. Just trade down and get more shots at the dart board, which I’m convinced is Beane’s scouting strategy or Eeny Meeny Miny Moe. 

• Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Nuke said:

I think Straight J hijacked Spike’s keyboard. Good points though. Ford was a joke. Brown’s not the worst 3rd round pick they’ve had, but, all you need to do is watch any of the Dolphin games to know he’s a backup at best. Just trade down and get more shots at the dart board, which I’m convinced is Beane’s scouting strategy or Eeny Meeny Miny Moe. 

Channeling my inner SJ.

So you don't like my Alabama Monkey idea?

I thought it was redundant to say that the monkey is RETARDED since it is usually implied from the other characteristics of said monkey.

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

3 hours ago, Nuke said:

I want Brandon Beane as my GM.

I compare him to Russ Brandon (worse football mind on the planet), or Buddy Nix (i usually sleep during the first week of free agency, then I draft Torrel Troup in the 2nd round), etc.   Brandon is better than all those other slugs. 

HOWEVER, one of his faults is skewing the Bills draft "board" when he wants to draft dline.   He doesn't really take best player available. 
He wants a DL in the 2nd round, and looks at the DL guys on the board...which may only have 4th round grades, but since they are the best "rated" DL (looking at you Boogie) and takes them in the 2nd round. 

Drafting does involve a lot of luck, and some randomness, which is exasperated by picking position over best player. 

18 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

I want Brandon Beane as my GM.

I compare him to Russ Brandon (worse football mind on the planet), or Buddy Nix (i usually sleep during the first week of free agency, then I draft Torrel Troup in the 2nd round), etc.   Brandon is better than all those other slugs. 

HOWEVER, one of his faults is skewing the Bills draft "board" when he wants to draft dline.   He doesn't really take best player available. 
He wants a DL in the 2nd round, and looks at the DL guys on the board...which may only have 4th round grades, but since they are the best "rated" DL (looking at you Boogie) and takes them in the 2nd round. 

Drafting does involve a lot of luck, and some randomness, which is exasperated by picking position over best player. 

I’m in no hurry to go back to Brandon and Whaley. I like Beane and want him to succeed. Him and SM say a lot of the right things. But, looking at his body of work and it’s lacking in certain areas.

10 minutes ago, Nuke said:

I’m in no hurry to go back to Brandon and Whaley. I like Beane and want him to succeed. Him and SM say a lot of the right things. But, looking at his body of work and it’s lacking in certain areas.

Sigh.  It can be frustrating.   

I still believe it is the drafting of POSITON over BEST PLAYER syndrome.    

Last year, Beane was hell bent on drafting a CB in the 1st round.  His pre-draft visits leading up to the draft were a lot of CBs.   Then when Kansas City jumped up to get Trent McDuffie (which Beane liked, and I did too), Beane traded up to get Kaiir Elam.    Obviously he was focued on a position, and not sticking to BPA.   IMO Daxton Hill, Tyler Linderbaum and Christian Watson were BPAs, but they were the wrong positions. 

I expect him to do the same this year.   Pre-Draft visits for 1st round graded talent is heavy on Wide Receivers.   Plus a lot of visits with 2nd round talented DTs.

I think Beane, depending on how the board goes, is looking to draft WR and DT early.   Maybe it is DT and WR.   Stay tuned.

On 4/17/2023 at 10:09 AM, Crazy Legs said:

This is a mock draft based only on prospects that had a Pre-Draft Visit or Private Workout with the Bills.

It is also what I think Beane will do - not the picks I want.   
Lastly it leaves out any trade downs to get an extra pick.   Beane did that last year and the year before, so I believe there is a good chance he does it again. 

The WRs were all snatched off the board in the 1st round, so Beane has to turn to......

TinyTake16-04-2023-10-52-18.png.35b7c6b26fb384daf7c4d737c2c9328b.png

Crazy, you crazy? Not 1 G/C? Just kidding...

23 hours ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

Crazy, you crazy? Not 1 G/C? Just kidding...

Just found out today the Bills did a 30 visit with C Joe Tippmann.   

I do think we need a plan for 2024 at Center.   This is the year to draft one.    Tippmann, Steve Avila or John Micheal Schmitz are all options.