McDermott is an IDIOT!

jamsim67

More coach speak

Bills News: Sean McDermott Gets Real on How Team Can Finally Improve

“I’m a big believer in you are who you are in the last game of the season, in terms of what you saw on the field,” McDermott said, via ProFootballTalk. “And that’s what you have to address. So obviously, we weren’t good enough yesterday, and we need to address those areas and do what’s necessary to get this organization to the Super Bowl.

“And then you look at the quarterback play, and I thought, we’ve got a quarterback that we feel really good about and should feel good about. But we all, myself included, Josh [Allen], and the leaders of this football team, we all have to improve in certain areas to move this organization forward.

“We won’t stop until we get there,” McDermott added. “And that’s the vision moving forward, and we’re all frustrated on a day after loss in the division round, that’s for sure. Extremely proud of how far this organization has come, but not satisfied.”

It’s a shame that the Bills continue to fall short after making such an improvement in the last few years, ending the Patriots’ dominance in the division. They have many tools to dream big, but they haven’t been enough to make history so far. Now it’s time to be patient, but Buffalo will have a chance to come back.

I'm beginning to think that him leaving will be a HUGE improvement.

• Like 2

McDermott reminds me of Doug Collins ex-coach of the Chicago Bulls. Nice guy and I'm sure his players liked him. His team is always good  in the regular season but early exits in the NBA playoffs. He can't seem to beat the Pistons or Celtics in the playoffs even when he had the GOAT of all time Michael Jordan. After Doug Collins left the Bulls team, his assistant coach Phil Jackson took over. And guess what, Jordan won all those titles

4 hours ago, JoeFerguson said:

McDermott reminds me of Doug Collins ex-coach of the Chicago Bulls. Nice guy and I'm sure his players liked him. His team is always good  in the regular season but early exits in the NBA playoffs. He can't seem to beat the Pistons or Celtics in the playoffs even when he had the GOAT of all time Michael Jordan. After Doug Collins left the Bulls team, his assistant coach Phil Jackson took over. And guess what, Jordan won all those titles

The Pistons got old and the Bulls were rounding into form.

Doug Collins would have won all those championships as well. Don't be fooled. 

Football is different. 

The Pegula's might request McDermott make some changes to his staff before they actually fire him. Either way, the Bills aren't winning the SB. We aren't meant to see a SB championship, EVER. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HipKat said:

And who takes over?? You know a new HC means a rebuild, right?

How about someone like Frank Reich? Last season was tough, but he did get the Colts to the playoffs before that. He is an offensive guy, plus a former QB so he could definitely relate to Allen as far as playing the QB position. Biggest plus he would bring in his own DC and that means Frazier is gone. Just spitballing here. Doesn't have to be Frank Reich. They go with an OC/DC from another team, but this is all meaningless because McDermott isn't getting fired this offseason. I hope Frazier does though.

The problem as fans that we have is McDermott is not going anywhere and will refuse to make a change in coaching, especially the DC position. A new DC likely means the new DC will want to run the defense their way and McDermott doesn't want that. I also think he's a bit afraid to make a change, worried that if someone from outside comes in and does a really good job, the Bills will have an in house candidate to take over 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JoeFerguson said:

Funny you say this, because I’ve used the bulls in another comparison. I’ve always thought the chiefs were the bills pistons. Once we finally solved that riddle, we would not look back. Sadly, we didn’t get the chance this year. I too worry about McD being the guy that will get us over the hump. Hopefully it becomes clear after next season. 

• Agree 1

I know it may not be a good idea or would happen, but I would like to consider Frank Reich joining the team as Assistant HC focusing on offense.

So shines a good deed in a weary world."
...Willy Wonka

McDermott reminds me of Bum Philips or Jack Pardee.  Good enough to get you into the post season, good enough to win in the playoffs to the point of talking Superbowl, but not quite good enough to get you into the Superbowl.  I am against firing him yet because he is good enough to get to the playoffs and so I would give him to the end of his contract to get to the Superbowl.  However, he has got to fire Frazier.  He won't because he is too loyal to his staff, but he has got to.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Funny you say this, because I’ve used the bulls in another comparison. I’ve always thought the chiefs were the bills pistons. Once we finally solved that riddle, we would not look back. Sadly, we didn’t get the chance this year. I too worry about McD being the guy that will get us over the hump. Hopefully it becomes clear after next season. 

After 13 seconds I used this Bulls analogy….

What if the Chiefs are the Bulls…and Mahomes is Jordon. And how many all star future hall of famers were stopped dead in their tracks by the Bulls in the playoffs. Year after year after year after year. Who says Allen isn’t what Ewing, Wilkins, Barkley, the Cavs, Malone, Stockton to Mahomes Jordan? 

I can see it now…20 years from now….people will look back and say “damn…look at all the hall of fame qbs that never won a Super Bowl because they couldn’t get past the Chiefs”.

• Downvote 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

2 hours ago, seandelevan said:

After 13 seconds I used this Bulls analogy….

What if the Chiefs are the Bulls…and Mahomes is Jordon. And how many all star future hall of famers were stopped dead in their tracks by the Bulls in the playoffs. Year after year after year after year. Who says Allen isn’t what Ewing, Wilkins, Barkley, the Cavs, Malone, Stockton to Mahomes Jordan? 

I can see it now…20 years from now….people will look back and say “damn…look at all the hall of fame qbs that never won a Super Bowl because they couldn’t get past the Chiefs”.

This very well could end up being the case. Time will tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herodotus said:

And then Joe Burrows beats them in their house for the second straight year because Cincy wasn't built to beat the Chiefs, they were built to win regardless of who they played.  They pass well (we do too but they have more weapons), they run well (we will never know what we have at back because Doorknob doesn't know how to run), and on defense they hit hard and are aggressive and are very underrated.  They are an incredibly phyical team.  While we bitch and moan about cheap shots and punches they roll your qb's legs and hit your dbs and afterwards say, so?

I have a strong feeling the Chiefs win this game.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Herodotus said:

And then Joe Burrows beats them in their house for the second straight year because Cincy wasn't built to beat the Chiefs, they were built to win regardless of who they played.  They pass well (we do too but they have more weapons), they run well (we will never know what we have at back because Doorknob doesn't know how to run), and on defense they hit hard and are aggressive and are very underrated.  They are an incredibly phyical team.  While we bitch and moan about cheap shots and punches they roll your qb's legs and hit your dbs and afterwards say, so?

This weekend could definitely change my analogy. If Cincy wins……is Burrow is Jordon? 

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

On 1/24/2023 at 10:27 PM, jamsim67 said:

More coach speak

Bills News: Sean McDermott Gets Real on How Team Can Finally Improve

“I’m a big believer in you are who you are in the last game of the season, in terms of what you saw on the field,” McDermott said, via ProFootballTalk. “And that’s what you have to address. So obviously, we weren’t good enough yesterday, and we need to address those areas and do what’s necessary to get this organization to the Super Bowl.

“And then you look at the quarterback play, and I thought, we’ve got a quarterback that we feel really good about and should feel good about. But we all, myself included, Josh [Allen], and the leaders of this football team, we all have to improve in certain areas to move this organization forward.

“We won’t stop until we get there,” McDermott added. “And that’s the vision moving forward, and we’re all frustrated on a day after loss in the division round, that’s for sure. Extremely proud of how far this organization has come, but not satisfied.”

It’s a shame that the Bills continue to fall short after making such an improvement in the last few years, ending the Patriots’ dominance in the division. They have many tools to dream big, but they haven’t been enough to make history so far. Now it’s time to be patient, but Buffalo will have a chance to come back.

I'm beginning to think that him leaving will be a HUGE improvement.

NO question about it.

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

19 hours ago, JS12 said:

McD is soft. He’s the teacher in school that all of the kids like. Problem is the kids don’t learn that much from him.

Let's just give Sean Payton $50M over 5 years and put an end to this.

I think he only has one year left on the contract the Saints are paying him so a 3rd round draft pick should be enough to trade to the Saints for his rights.

Drew Brees flourished under him.

So would Josh Allen.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

On 1/24/2023 at 10:39 PM, HipKat said:

And who takes over?? You know a new HC means a rebuild, right?

You could have made the jump to Daboll and it wouldn’t have been a rebuild. The problem I have is how much do I trust Pegula to find someone better? 

• Like 1

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill