Sean McDermott: I’m not going to get into staff right now

drpepper

2 hours ago, Greg said:

They better fire Frazier. He sucks. His defense sucks and whenever they play against a good team with a good offense they get exposed as frauds. Burrow could lead a drive for a TD against Frazier's defense while being drunk. 

How they did not fire Frazier last year was amazingly stupid.

The Bills have put soooooooooooooo much into building that D -- high draft picks plus Salary Cap -- and all Frazier can manage is a 13 second debacle and a complete collapse in the first quarter at home against an Offence that had two or more of their starting offensive line NOT playing.

You just know that Beane is doing that to keep Sean McCollapsy happy when Sean is pounding the table to draft D first and early plus sign old expensive free agents like Miller to bloated contracts.

WTF?

• Like 1

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

5 hours ago, SpikedLemonade said:

(2) Assuming Kim Pegula is ever found, given she is the President of the Buffalo Bills and was the one that hired Sean McD before Beane was hired, Kim needs to fire Sean McD.  As many of us suspected, Sean McD is incapable of winning the BIG game and in the Play-offs the games are all BIG.  He simple chokes or falls back to his inner ultra conservative nature.  We have overly invested on the D side of the ball because he is there to pound the table before the Draft or Free Agency and despite that fact we are NOT winning BECAUSE OF THE DEFENCE when we now have a franchise QB.  Sean McD must be fired.

McD and co. have built a perennial l playoff team and you want to risk going back to the playoff drought? No thanks. I'd keep Mcd and see if he can fix this. Even with Dorsey's inexperience, we were still no. 2 . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichJ said:

McD and co. have built a perennial l playoff team and you want to risk going back to the playoff drought? No thanks. I'd keep Mcd and see if he can fix this. Even with Dorsey's inexperience, we were still no. 2 . 

The Bills are far beyond for what I prayed as recently as 2016.  So, none of this staff sucks.  The question is - can they get us to the next level?   No one goes unless there is a surefire, better option.

I suggest all posters, before they call for a firing, name their preferred replacement.   Then again, that may  expose how ignorant and clueless some of the posters are. 

Remember - 'hire John Gruden', 'let's get Bill Cowher ', 'let's get Matt Patricia'.  None of these at the time were realistic; the Bills were a Shit Show without a QB.  Having Josh Allen does open possibilities. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FanBack said:

The Bills are far beyond for what I prayed as recently as 2016.  So, none of this staff sucks.  The question is - can they get us to the next level?   No one goes unless there is a surefire, better option.

I suggest all posters, before they call for a firing, name their preferred replacement.   Then again, that may  expose how ignorant and clueless some of the posters are. 

Remember - 'hire John Gruden', 'let's get Bill Cowher ', 'let's get Matt Patricia'.  None of these at the time were realistic; the Bills were a Shit Show without a QB.  Having Josh Allen does open possibilities. 

IMO, we could've advanced if it wasnt for Daboll leaving. We took a few steps back offensively but that what we get with a rookie OC that the QB himself pushed to take Dabolls place. 

It's a learning experience for Dorsey that I am hoping he will fix in his 2nd year. 

We sometimes have to be careful with what we wish for . Rememeber how we ran Wade out of town for making playoffs? That resulted in the drought. 

12 minutes ago, RichJ said:

IMO, we could've advanced if it wasnt for Daboll leaving. We took a few steps back offensively but that what we get with a rookie OC that the QB himself pushed to take Dabolls place. 

It's a learning experience for Dorsey that I am hoping he will fix in his 2nd year. 

We sometimes have to be careful with what we wish for . Rememeber how we ran Wade out of town for making playoffs? That resulted in the drought. 

Thanks for mentioning Wade; I did not appreciate him enough.   I knew Butler was a good GM, but I didn't think Wade was.   After the drought, I realized what bad coaching looked like. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichJ said:

Notice how good Fanback is when he's not being a political troll?

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

On 1/23/2023 at 7:52 PM, jamsim67 said:

As much as I hated the promotion of Dorsey (wasn't ready), Frasier needs to be the 1st one gone. But who do they bring in? I mean we've seen their hiring process. And who is to say that McDermott didn't have his hand in the defensive schemes, and is just as much to blame as Frasier? He is a defensive guy (supposedly).

I am a proponent of having a replacement (in mind, and teed up) BEFORE you fire anyone.

It is a good way to ensure your next choice is made with a clear head. 

Who is available that would be a good fit for the Bills organization?

OLine 2023 Draft Prospects                     Free Agent Targets

O'Cyrus Torrence, 6'5" 345lbs                OG Evan Brown, Lions
Darnell Wright, 6'6", 335lbs                      OG Will Hernandez, Cardinals
John M Schmitz, 6'4", 320lbs                   WR Parris Campbell, Colts
Cody Mauch, 6'5" 305lbs                          SAF Nasir Adderley, Chargers
Matthew Bergeron, 6'5" 323lbs

On 1/23/2023 at 8:25 PM, jamsim67 said:

I want an OC who understands the importance of the ground game in Buffalo (anywhere really). Frank played for Marv, and Marv understood it.

I would consider, OC free agent Eric Bieniemy.    Yes, he is the OC for the Chiefs, but his contract is up.   

According to the internet...Bieniemy’s salary is somewhere around $1 million a year.  Stuff his pockets and woo him away. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

I am a proponent of having a replacement (in mind, and teed up) BEFORE you fire anyone.

It is a good way to ensure your next choice is made with a clear head. 

Who is available that would be a good fit for the Bills organization?

I don't think they will fire anybody. The NFL wants Buffalo as far away from the Super Bowl as humanly possible. I'm convinced the Bill's took a dive

43 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

I would consider, OC free agent Eric Bieniemy.    Yes, he is the OC for the Chiefs, but his contract is up.   

According to the internet...Bieniemy’s salary is somewhere around $1 million a year.  Stuff his pockets and woo him away. 

If I'm going to hire someone, I want to first talk with Joe Brady (QB's coach) who was with LSU when Burrow won his National Championship.

But they better hurry, Chargers want to talk with him concerning their offensive coordinator opening. Jets want to talk with him as well. If he goes somewhere else, and lights the NFL on fire I won't be happy.

1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

You really think he calls KC's offense?

11 hours ago, HipKat said:

You really think he calls KC's offense?

I think Eric the Enemy is the Offensive Coordinator.   And he knows how to use the tight end.   And the RBs.    

I am open to an OC that is an upgrade to Ken Dorsey.   Not saying Dorsey is horrible, but if we can get better, we need to make the change. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 7:55 AM, Greg said:

They better fire Frazier. He sucks. His defense sucks and whenever they play against a good team with a good offense they get exposed as frauds. Burrow could lead a drive for a TD against Frazier's defense while being drunk. 

Technically Leslie Frazier's contract is up.   So, if they don't offer him a NEW contract, he is no longer the DC.

If McDermott has someone new in mind, that is available, he will have Beane take a run at him.    Once you lock up the new guy, you can inform Leslie that "we have decided to go in a different direction" and won't be offering you a new contract.

We will see.   I think Dorsey is safe because of the "stability" factor, while there is a chance they don't keep Leslie.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

I think Eric the Enemy is the Offensive Coordinator.   And he knows how to use the tight end.   And the RBs.    

I am open to an OC that is an upgrade to Ken Dorsey.   Not saying Dorsey is horrible, but if we can get better, we need to make the change. 

I have advocated for a NEW Head Coach and he can determine who he keeps and who he tosses.

Frazier is gone.

Dorsey has been Josh Allen's QB Coach and now OC so you need to be careful.

I would NOT tell a new HC he MUST keep Dorsey however he should make sure he is keeping Josh Allen happy.  A quarter billion is still a quarter billion.

Dorsey was interviewed for a HC position just recently so he is seen has having some redeeming qualities.

Personally, I am back to where I was after 13 seconds, our Owner (wherever he or she is) should fire McColapsey since they hired him before hiring Beane and offer Sean Peyton $50M over 5 years.  Let Peyton make the decisions on the staff.

If Beane quits, he quits.

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

38 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Okay.  There is less than 1 Giga million % chance Terry Pegula would even consider firing McDermott. 

There is a greater chance Terry wins the French Open in Men's Tennis. 

Is that where his daughter gets the tennis talent?

What the FRACK!!!

McD isn't going to get this Bills team over the hump.

He just isn't good enough for a Giga million reasons.

1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

I'm pretty sure Andy Reid is running that offense, not Bienimy

54 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I'm pretty sure Andy Reid is running that offense, not Bienimy

Then they don't need Eric Bieniemy.   He can come to Buffalo and be an Offensive Consultant.  Pegulas can pay and hire an extra guy.

That assumes that McDermott tells Terry he wants to keep Ken Dorsey for 2023.

Sigh. 

PS I am more interested in seeing a change on the Defensive side.   We can't slow anyone down in the playoffs, over the last 3 years.   
It is nice to win the AFC East, but more important is the playoffs.  

• Like 1

Before reading though any more hot takes than the OP's, I think HCSM said the offensive numbers were quite similar to last season's, "eerily" so.  So there is that. 

Further, I have my question in the shoutbox(and likely because there was a level-headed audience present), it went unanswered.  It is a somewhat separate topic deserving of it's own thread, though the question itself adds to what HCSM said above, and I think I recall reading around the web likely was brought up by others before him.

Lastly I'll add the rookie part which has been mentioned, along with the part that he has received recognition(I believe nationally) for certain games, at least.  Maybe the best example was the first New England game, running it down the throat of the defensive GOAT at will, making even BB concede the game with 3 time outs left(which I think I saw emphasized not just here).

It seems self-evident on here that some(many? most?) ate at times plagued by recency bias.  I myself have already agreed and stated I am very curious why OCKD made the calls he did during that final game.  

D*mmit, now you've got me questioning how I feel about Collinsworth too, depending on what he knows or does not, which I do not claim to know.  Maybe live betting(at times when Shoutbox is not busy or I am not paying attention to it) has helped me focus more on the narrative, and maybe more than others I've noticed the narrative Collinsworth  puts in, in a very dedicated manner.  I also (just)realized that may be the same thing some speak of for disliking him, when that narrative includes players on certain teams.

For whatever reason(I'd imagine I'm the only one), thinking of him saying the name "Devin McCourty" is what really annoyed me.  As a fan of names(or not), the combo of that name and voice was not pleasant.

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

FWIW, in the interest of fairness, I found a "5 things" type of article on a pro-Bills website.  While each of the 5 things might have been only a paragraph long, one of them was DCLF needs to be fired.  If I remember later, maybe I will post it, knowing it may uplift the spirits of some.

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

On 1/24/2023 at 6:00 AM, SpikedLemonade said:

I tried to hold back, breathe slowly and NOT react with impulse however...

(1) Frazier has to go.  I don't give a flying fuck what the D's stats were during the season.  This is the second (if NOT third year) that the Bills season ended in the play-offs due to his incompetent defensive schemes.  Given the vast disproportionate investment in salary cap and high draft pick into our Defence, we must expect better results.  Leslie Frazier is NOT getting the job done.  As simple as that.  Perhaps FRAZIER can find a position as the night time manager of the Dairy Queen in Buttfuck, Ill since they sell BRAZIER food.

So Frazier's contract has expired and he needs NOT be actually fired.