Frazier needs to move on

Zan186

After the 13 seconds failure, I gave him another chance to redeem himself.  He just will not adapt and for a Defense adaptation is everything.

First it is a snow game....Why is Ed Oliver playing DT in a snow game?  He is great on dry turf...but he relies on quickness to penetrate to get under or past O linemen.  A creative DC would of moved him to the edge or just played the big heavies in the middle to stop the run.

Maybe run 3 DT's  and blitz a LB like Edmunds from the outside?  Or run 3 DT's and 1 DE (Groot) and 3 LB's.  

More importantly if you cannot get to the QB with a quick release and wr with timing routes....then Block them at the line of scrimmage before playing man!

Personally....I feel that playing against KC, Bengals and Philly you need to gamble and get a 3 and out every other possession.  What is the difference if they do a quick score vs marching down the field.  Those kind of teams (including the Bills) have such potent Offenses that it comes down to who usually has possession of the ball more.  Take the chances to create a turnover (pressure) if you get burned by a big play for a TD...soo what.  Whether the team marches down the field and scores or you get torched for 80 yards on a pass play...results are the same.  But the risk approach your defense stays fresh.

Frazier just plays his DB's 5 to 10 yards off...and allows WR's to gain 5 to 10 yards each play.  Good QB's like Mahomes and Burrow are not going to miss as they are both very accurate.  This is just allowing the offense to carve up your defense all day!   Bills need to move on to a more traditional defense like a 4-3 and stop this nickel base defense.  Sure once you have a huge lead then you can play the nickel and milk the clock on long drives.  But against elite qb's you are just going to get carved up!

• Like 2

If Frasier is still there next year, it's because this organization is not interested in winning a super bowl. What else can you say? He shouldn't have been back after the Houston debacle, and then there was the KC blowout, 13 seconds and yesterday. And I'm not even pointing out the horrible Minnesota loss, or Miami and their backup, and 3rd string QB's ... I guess I just did. lol

5 minutes ago, Buffalochief2 said:

If he becomes a HC again it will be the best thing that can happen to this defense.

If he leaves (don't care how), and they immediately hire someone without interviewing at least 20 candidates, they don't care about winning. We will get the same ole, same ole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zan186 said:

After the 13 seconds failure, I gave him another chance to redeem himself.  He just will not adapt and for a Defense adaptation is everything.

First it is a snow game....Why is Ed Oliver playing DT in a snow game?  He is great on dry turf...but he relies on quickness to penetrate to get under or past O linemen.  A creative DC would of moved him to the edge or just played the big heavies in the middle to stop the run.

Maybe run 3 DT's  and blitz a LB like Edmunds from the outside?  Or run 3 DT's and 1 DE (Groot) and 3 LB's.  

More importantly if you cannot get to the QB with a quick release and wr with timing routes....then Block them at the line of scrimmage before playing man!

Personally....I feel that playing against KC, Bengals and Philly you need to gamble and get a 3 and out every other possession.  What is the difference if they do a quick score vs marching down the field.  Those kind of teams (including the Bills) have such potent Offenses that it comes down to who usually has possession of the ball more.  Take the chances to create a turnover (pressure) if you get burned by a big play for a TD...soo what.  Whether the team marches down the field and scores or you get torched for 80 yards on a pass play...results are the same.  But the risk approach your defense stays fresh.

Frazier just plays his DB's 5 to 10 yards off...and allows WR's to gain 5 to 10 yards each play.  Good QB's like Mahomes and Burrow are not going to miss as they are both very accurate.  This is just allowing the offense to carve up your defense all day!   Bills need to move on to a more traditional defense like a 4-3 and stop this nickel base defense.  Sure once you have a huge lead then you can play the nickel and milk the clock on long drives.  But against elite qb's you are just going to get carved up!

Whats funny (but not really) is that when other teams play the same way against the Bill's, instead of taking what the defense gives them, more often than not, they try and force it downfield. Football has changed. It is no longer sport, but sports entertainment.

He should've been fired last year after 13 seconds. Instead the ST coach took the fall. Like he's the one that calls the same shit soft zone nickel that we always run. 

• Like 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

2 hours ago, Victor7 said:

Like he's the one that calls the same shit soft zone nickel that we always run. 

That's what McD wants, and I think that's why Frazier has held onto his job all this time.  :niterider: