Draft Targets 2023

Zan186

If we can get him Bijan Robinson would be my target for the first pick....he could be the next Sequan Barkley, if we can't get him then I would get O'Cyrus the monster guard.

In the second round if we get Robinson then we target the best interior lineman on the board.  Guard that can also play Center would be ideal.  Has to be good at run blocking and good pass blocking....

If we miss out on Robinson but grab O'Cyrus then get that Zach Chenxxxxx  RB.

Saffold is getting older and we need a Mauling guard to open up the running game.  We also need a BIG Running back for snow games and bad weather.  No more scat backs as they are a liability in snow or slippery surfaces.  We have Cook and Hines now get a guy who can pound the rock with force.

1 hour ago, Thurmal said:

We have to go offensive line with the first pick. If we don't start protecting Allen, we're about 18 months (tops) away from rumblings that he wants a trade.

Actually that is not true, you can get great interior O linemen in the second round.  1st round has to be a day 1 starter.   If Robinson and O'Cyrus are already gone, then trading back into second round might be an option.  Zach Chemxxx would be a good second round pick and grabbing the best interior linemen in the 2nd would also be ideal.   A big physical RB would also take the pressure off of Allen in the pocket in a different way but almost as effective.

Rather have a big RB first named Robinson as that takes a lot of the short yardage snaps away from Allen running the ball....Also a big RB is going to be more likely to fall forward and drive a LB for an extra yard or two after contact which equates to short yardage to get 1st or TD's.

32 minutes ago, Zan186 said:

Actually that is not true, you can get great interior O linemen in the second round.  1st round has to be a day 1 starter.   If Robinson and O'Cyrus are already gone, then trading back into second round might be an option.  Zach Chemxxx would be a good second round pick and grabbing the best interior linemen in the 2nd would also be ideal.   A big physical RB would also take the pressure off of Allen in the pocket in a different way but almost as effective.

Rather have a big RB first named Robinson as that takes a lot of the short yardage snaps away from Allen running the ball....Also a big RB is going to be more likely to fall forward and drive a LB for an extra yard or two after contact which equates to short yardage to get 1st or TD's.

Who's going to block for him? Why do we have any confidence that this team can effectively evaluate RB talent? If he is good, will we even use him?

3 hours ago, mixum said:

Both those guys long gone by the Bills pick 

Not necessarily as there are a lot of RB's hitting free agency, and the RB position is not as highly valued in a passing league, and most teams have a few RB's already.   

Interior Guard positions, unless they are ELITE usually do not go in the top 20 picks.  Really good guards go at the bottom of the first or early in the second.

1 hour ago, Thurmal said:

Who's going to block for him? Why do we have any confidence that this team can effectively evaluate RB talent? If he is good, will we even use him?

The best guard we can get in the 2nd round is going to block for him :) Yes we need upgrades at multiple positions but 1st round picks you take the blue chip prospect.  An elite RB would bolster the offense substantially.  Good to great guards can be found in the 2nd and 3rd round.  Personally, we need to get a starting Offensive linemen in the first 3 rounds.  We also need a Strong Safety if Poyer vacates.  

7 hours ago, Zan186 said:

If we can get him Bijan Robinson would be my target for the first pick....he could be the next Sequan Barkley, if we can't get him then I would get O'Cyrus the monster guard.

In the second round if we get Robinson then we target the best interior lineman on the board.  Guard that can also play Center would be ideal.  Has to be good at run blocking and good pass blocking....

If we miss out on Robinson but grab O'Cyrus then get that Zach Chenxxxxx  RB.

Saffold is getting older and we need a Mauling guard to open up the running game.  We also need a BIG Running back for snow games and bad weather.  No more scat backs as they are a liability in snow or slippery surfaces.  We have Cook and Hines now get a guy who can pound the rock with force.

Rodger Saffold is a free agent now.   Based on his performance this year, I am okay moving on. I thought he had a crappy season.   PFF gave him a grade of 43.   75 is considered good.    43 is terrible. 

Yes, draft O'Cyrus Torrence if he is on the board in the 1st round !

I am torn on Bijan Robinson.   I hate to draft him if we don't have have the Hogs upfront to block for him.    We didn't use our RBs much this year because we can't open up lanes for them. 

OLine 2023 Draft Prospects                     Free Agent Targets

O'Cyrus Torrence, 6'5" 345lbs                OG Evan Brown, Lions
Darnell Wright, 6'6", 335lbs                      OG Will Hernandez, Cardinals
John M Schmitz, 6'4", 320lbs                   WR Parris Campbell, Colts
Cody Mauch, 6'5" 305lbs                          SAF Nasir Adderley, Chargers
Matthew Bergeron, 6'5" 323lbs

8 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Rodger Saffold is a free agent now.   Based on his performance this year, I am okay moving on. I thought he had a crappy season.   PFF gave him a grade of 43.   75 is considered good.    43 is terrible. 

Yes, draft O'Cyrus Torrence if he is on the board in the 1st round !

I am torn on Bijan Robinson.   I hate to draft him if we don't have have the Hogs upfront to block for him.    We didn't use our RBs much this year because we can't open up lanes for them. 

Bijan Robinson is an elite talent....if he is there he should be the pick..  If Robinson is gone then O'Cyrus should be the pick....The difference in talent from Robinson to the next 3 or 4 RB's is immense.  The difference in talent of O'Cyrus to the next 7 interior linemen is not a ton.  Love to have them both but that would be impossible.  Bills are a playoff team and you have to hit on players.  Robinson as a rookie would be a huge over the top player.  O'Cyrus would be a significant upgrade but pretty much any top 10 interior linemen we draft in the second is going to be a major upgrade to the LG position.

I would rather draft a Barkley RB and then get a solid LG than a good LG and an average RB.

4 hours ago, Zan186 said:

Agreed.  We need a big back.  Can we get a Jerome Bettis or Earl Campbell?

Although, I hate burning a high draft pick on a RB unless we get an upgrade(s) to our Oline in Free Agency first. 

1) O'Cyrus Torrence, OG
2) Matthew Bergeron, OT/OL
3) Ronnie Hickman, SAF
4) Jammie Robinson, SAF
5a) Mohamed Ibrahim, RB - 20 TDs & 1,665 yards
5b) Charlie Jones, WR

OLine 2023 Draft Prospects                     Free Agent Targets

O'Cyrus Torrence, 6'5" 345lbs                OG Evan Brown, Lions
Darnell Wright, 6'6", 335lbs                      OG Will Hernandez, Cardinals
John M Schmitz, 6'4", 320lbs                   WR Parris Campbell, Colts
Cody Mauch, 6'5" 305lbs                          SAF Nasir Adderley, Chargers
Matthew Bergeron, 6'5" 323lbs