Sean McDermott: You keep knocking on the door

drpepper

23 minutes ago, theAteam said:

Bengals were coached much better it was obvious. Executed cleanly and never let up whereas we were sloppy and struggled to move the ball.

I was looking at the stat line.  We ran for 60 some odd yards, they ran for 150, Mixon alone ran it 20 times, we ran it as a team 19 times.  What was it Levy said? To win, you have to run and stop the run, nothing has changed.  You know who else couldn't get the run going? The early 90s Oilers.  87-93 they made the dance and even won some playoff games, but they could not get it done because Killdrive could not protect leads and nor could he turn on the run if the pass stalled out, why does that sound familiar.  Lets look at team turmoil and compare and contrast:

40 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

I was looking at the stat line.  We ran for 60 some odd yards, they ran for 150, Mixon alone ran it 20 times, we ran it as a team 19 times.  What was it Levy said? To win, you have to run and stop the run, nothing has changed.  You know who else couldn't get the run going? The early 90s Oilers.  87-93 they made the dance and even won some playoff games, but they could not get it done because Killdrive could not protect leads and nor could he turn on the run if the pass stalled out, why does that sound familiar.  Lets look at team turmoil and compare and contrast:

Levy was genius

I get that it was a painful and draining season. It was for us fans too. Probably have to wait till next season to get anyone fired. Me personally I am tired of McClappy. Every team in this playoff round had offensive head coaches except for us. We had a rookie OC too.

Bean is equally to blame for this mess. Obvious weaknesses never addressed.  A bad weather team that can't play well in bad weather. Makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1