Music to My Ears

12 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

I’m on record saying we would draft more defense after the AFCCG….and they did.

I also said they would draft more defense after last years fuck up….and they did. 

I’ll truly and honestly believe it when I see it. Until then I’m fully prepared to punch my tv come draft night when they draft a DB 

wE nEEd tO cOvEr teE hIgGiNs 

Yeah…I’ll believe it when I see it too. I swear if they let edmunds walk and then draft a lb in round one to replace him I’m gonna lose it. 

Lot of issues with the Bills:  but they are still a good team and good enough to get to the playoffs.  Truth is a good QB like Allen can put up points and win games against most teams...we have seen this as the Bills won 13 games.  The Defense against average teams is excellent as well.  However we are at the point where we have to beat elite QB's with great teams.   

How to solve this:  First Frazier needs to be removed from DC.  You want to promote him to Assistant coach so as not to make it look bad fine....but the Defense needs to slowly move to a more traditional 4-3 defense.   Secondly they need to resign Edmunds (we don't need to waste a draft pick on another LB when he is in his prime.  I would really like to see how much better he could be in a 4-3 as the middle Inside lb.  Right now in Fraziers big nickle Edmunds is playing both inside positions.  Poyer may become a cap casualty....but at 34 and banged up he can either play for less or he can suck up another teams cap space.  He still has a year or two left at being a very good safety but you don't pay 34 year old safeties huge money.

The Offense:  We are loosing Motor, just can't afford him.  I am not a big Hines fan for that huge amount of money.  Restructure him and great...if not cya....Cook has great speed and should be utilized more like Kamara instead of like Delvin Cook.  Unless he gains some size without loosing speed.  What do the Bills need is the question:  Interior O linemen is obvious, and a big powerful RB to make the Bills legit in the Run game.  Also big running backs can get positive yards in the snow, where speed guys spin their wheels.  We need to get a LG as Saffold is 34 and just is a liability in the pass game.  I would not mind having him at vet minimum as a backup...but starting he just doesn't have it anymore.   I also think Mitch Morris is getting long in the tooth as well.  We have 5 draft picks this year....and very little money to purchase FA's.   Beeane is going to have to be magic to keep our talent and fix the holes.  I am unsure about Gabe Davis being a true #2 WR, but he played with a high ankle sprain and we drafted Shakir who has looked pretty decent thus far.  

I think we have a chance to draft the top RB in Robinson if we get some luck.  I think he could drastically improve the Bills run game as well as be a good pass catcher in short yardage as well.  Plus he is big enough to block LB's and keep them off Allen.

If Robinson is gone which he may well be, then O'Cyrus would be the guy.  We need a dominant Guard next to Morris to provide protection and to open up holes.  If both guys are gone the option might be to trade back to pick up a second and 3rd round pick.  Then use the two second round picks to grab Zack Chemwhatever his last name is who is a bell cow RB being big and fast followed by the best Guard still in the draft.  3rd round pick grab a Center to be developed under Morris.  

I think with a power running game and an upgrade at one guard position the Bills Offense would be a lot more potent.  Allen would have more time to throw, would not have to run as much (risk of injury) and keep teams honest playing defense against a potent run game.   We are not going to find an elite WR at the bottom of the first round....but if you find a Calvin Johnson by all means grab him.  If a guy has Tee Higgins potential then in the 2nd round we can go for it....but our 1st round pick has to hit and be a starter!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Was reading up on Robinson...it seems his route running and catching is as good as any WR in this years draft.....honestly am thinking he might be worth trading up for.  He has really good height at 6'0 to 6'1 and excellent speed and weight (220).  Could use him as a slot WR when we bring in Cook.  Cook is pass catching WR as well....definitely could add a lot of wrinkle's into the game plan.  Some scouts are saying he is like Barkley but better.

I am not a huge fan of drafting a RB in the first round....but looking at some of his film....he is an electric RB...kind of player like Henry that you have to game plan for.  

I just think with a big talented back it changes the Bills offense form a Passing team to a balanced team.   

Yes we still need interior linemen but I think you can get good guards and centers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  Let's face it anything we draft has a very good chance of being better than what we currently have inside.  We don't need a probowl guard and center....just guys who are better than Saffold and Moris

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 5:47 AM, seandelevan said:

Joe Burrow threw the ball in 2 seconds flat….Von Miller would have been a non factor. Joe Burrow could throw in 2 seconds flat because he has MULTIPLE first and second round weapons that can turn on a dime, catch the ball, make guys miss and then drag more guys past the first down marker. 

Not saying the Bills should ignore the OL but don’t think drafting one OL in the first round will fix this offense lol

Well, he has more than that, he has deadly accuracy. I heard one of the Talking Heads say that he may have the kind of skills that could make him the next Tom Brady the way he sees the field, the quickness that he goes through his reads and his accuracy are probably the best in football right now.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

As usual, the Range's own coach Sal was the voice of reason saying this morning that the Bills had a higher PPG game this year with Dorsey than last year with Dabol and that their weapons are not bad. People just think they are bad because they are not high picks. He also explained, as I have been saying, that the QB play was a major issue a times and finally caught up to them. He did critize Dorsey, as I have, for not getting Allen to understand the available options underneath and always looking to throw the ball downfield. The major difference in QB's Sunday was Burrow took the short pass and Allen didn't. @seandelevan will continue to be happy Bills lost and spread his false narrative that the Bills don't have weapons but as usual, people that understand NFL football prove him wrong as well as the actual stats.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

1 hour ago, daryls61 said:

As usual, the Range's own coach Sal was the voice of reason saying this morning that the Bills had a higher PPG game this year with Dorsey than last year with Dabol and that their weapons are not bad. People just think they are bad because they are not high picks. He also explained, as I have been saying, that the QB play was a major issue a times and finally caught up to them. He did critize Dorsey, as I have, for not getting Allen to understand the available options underneath and always looking to throw the ball downfield. The major difference in QB's Sunday was Burrow took the short pass and Allen didn't. @seandelevan will continue to be happy Bills lost and spread his false narrative that the Bills don't have weapons but as usual, people that understand NFL football prove him wrong as well as the actual stats.

The Bills also played against far better defenses than the 2021 cupcake schedule. 

Sal did mention that they need another weapon.   That, I agree.  

6 minutes ago, FanBack said:

The Bills also played against far better defenses than the 2021 cupcake schedule. 

Sal did mention that they need another weapon.   That, I agree.  

His point was that Dorsey performed well and so did the Bills offense and everyone calling for a change should consider that. His other point was that the round players are picked is not as important as if they are good or not. He was more trying to talk people off the ledge.

Sal has also talked about how emotionally draining the season was even before Sunday. He mentioned how tough the changes to the schedule was even for him and his family and that he is sure it was difficult on the players as well who have families. 

It was a nice change from the "everything sucks" talk you hear alot. 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

6 hours ago, daryls61 said:

His point was that Dorsey performed well and so did the Bills offense and everyone calling for a change should consider that. His other point was that the round players are picked is not as important as if they are good or not. He was more trying to talk people off the ledge.

Sal has also talked about how emotionally draining the season was even before Sunday. He mentioned how tough the changes to the schedule was even for him and his family and that he is sure it was difficult on the players as well who have families. 

It was a nice change from the "everything sucks" talk you hear alot. 

He's wrong. PPG doesn't mean shit. 

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

There was music to my ears this morning when Jeremy and Sneaky Joe discussed the Cinci game plan of blitzing Allen and not covering the short throws because they knew Allen would not take them. It worked to perfection. @seandelevan will tell you we don't have weapons to throw short to but the reality is, Allen either doesn't see these routs or simply won't throw to them. I even remember Romo saying that routs were open underneath during the broadcast.