Music to My Ears

The Buffalo Bills draft Josh Allen

me: sweet now let’s get the kid weapons 

bills: move up in the draft

me: fuck yeah! Here it is! 

bills: draft a linebacker 

me: umm ok we already have Milano but um ok I guess…I guess 3rd round then…

bills: draft Harrison Philips 

me: come the fuck on! 

bills: draft DB 

me: HELLO DRAFT WEAPONS FOR YOUR FUCKING QB ASSHOLES

bills: bills draft Ray Ray McLeod in the 6th round 

me: LOL ok ok I see how this organization wants to go…Allen you’re fucked.

• Like 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

2019 NFL DRAFT

me: ok here we go….this draft is LOADED with receiver talent…let’s get Allen one…or two! We got Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, Mecole Hardman, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Terry McLaurin, Hunter Renfrow….

bills: no receivers drafted at all…..

me: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?!?!?!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Topas said:

The part of being able to plug in scrubs at O line is wrong IMO. 
their scrubs were well coached and played well. I can’t remember a singe pressure we had. Their O line played very well. Although some of that had to do with us being scared of the pass and nickeling all day long, but we are doing anyway, no matter who we play. So that was no difference 

Joe Burrow threw the ball in 2 seconds flat….Von Miller would have been a non factor. Joe Burrow could throw in 2 seconds flat because he has MULTIPLE first and second round weapons that can turn on a dime, catch the ball, make guys miss and then drag more guys past the first down marker. 

Not saying the Bills should ignore the OL but don’t think drafting one OL in the first round will fix this offense lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Joe Burrow threw the ball in 2 seconds flat….Von Miller would have been a non factor. Joe Burrow could throw in 2 seconds flat because he has MULTIPLE first and second round weapons that can turn on a dime, catch the ball, make guys miss and then drag more guys past the first down marker. 

Not saying the Bills should ignore the OL but don’t think drafting one OL in the first round will fix this offense lol

Don't be stupid.  No one disagrees.   Any idiot can see that we don't have a second weapon that can match these other offenses.  You're not a genius for that; I consider you an idiot for wanting Beane/McDermott fired for not being perfect in everything. 

You can't discount that McDermott and Beane:

1)  Took a 20+ year shit show that, at best, was a wild card bounce for Flutie's 2 years starting and has a winning record two other times. 

2)  Built the Buffalo Bills into one of the best teams in the league.   

3)  Made Buffalo into a destination for players; we no longer have to overpay grossly.

4)  Developed a project QB into a top 5 passer.  They also got it right on his character and work ethic.   Beane mentioned this as a factor after we drafted him. 

5)  Took enough injuries this season to derail most teams.

6)  Built our defense and offense to contend in the modern 21st century NFL.

Now, yesterday's game was disturbing that BOTH of our lines were dominated!!  A second weapon, although needed, is not the sole answer.  That kind of thinking put Joe Biden in office.   How's your 401K?  

It might be coaching, because none of these lineman were thought to be over-reaches or bad signings. 

Honestly, this is the one playoff game where the Bills didn't perform to expectations. 

• Laugh 1
  • Like 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Simply put: Dorsey did seem to make much use of the weapons he already has, and Josh Allen in the past did similar to Charlie Sheen's claims in regards to Chuck Lorre's writing of turning garbage into gold. 

Fanback is correct.  For many years after the Kelly era I recall wanting a 2nd legit WR, and I waited many years patiently.  I don't know that ant of our #1's ranked as highly as Diggs has.  The Bills corrected one of their mistakes and brought Cole Beasely back, following his back to back career highs in reception seasons(last season he would have easily eclipsed his career best, but was inexplicably(to most) not used hardly at all until the media held the Bills' feet to the fire and demanded to know why, and got one of the weakest answers I've ever heard McDermott utter.....but he magically found his way into use after that, and did well(was 1 of only 2 targets to show up in the playoff game vs KC. 

So you want a yard full of card put up on cinder blocks for decoration?  Would you recommend another CB be drafted high because Elam is not being used enough?  See the lack of sense in that reasoning?  Look, I get you want the Harlem Globetrotters and like shiny shit like a teenage girl, and who knows, it may work out that way.  But some folks noticed Isaiah Hodgins finally getting used....and looking pretty good with Daniel Jones and using that as a reason to denounce the Bills....and pining for a guy drafted in round....6.

Seriously, this is like a parent needing to tell a kid they can have more once they finish what is on their plate.   Do you think WR's are going to be as excited coming to the Bills when they see Diggs raging multiple times for non-use and know CB11 likely has similar feelings but is exercising great restraint ? 

Ranking needs right now is illogical, because we are unsure what will happen with the free agents, but before that the interior offensive line is the much greater area of improvement that would help protect Josh and make our current RB's into more of weapons.,....which in turn would create more responsibilities  for opposing defenses and likely increase the output of Josh Allen and the weapons he has available to him.   CIN basically flexed what Rex Ryan, whose philosophy you hated, preached: starting in the trenches, "building a bully"....the old school football you denounced for so long Sean.  Sure his weapons helped him, but 5 Jerry Rice's on the field today would have not addressed the multiple neglected/unnoticed issues on here, and would not have resulted in a victory.  Take the pass that sailed over Diggs head near the beginning as a perfect  illustration.

"But SJ, if Diggs were taller!!!"(yes, I recall you denouncing Diggs for his height in a recent game where the ball sailed over his head.  Would you like to wager against a relatively equidistant miss if he were 6 inches taller?  I know I would not.   We've been told 10,000+ it seems(by some people who genuinely believe Beane can;t see it) that OL is the glaring need.   Saffold was signed to a 1 year deal, which to me signifies Beane was already planning to address the line for the next season.

Pass times are supposed to be fun, but if you try hard enough there are imperfections even on Super Bowl winners, and heaven knows you try hard to see anything you can Sean(and the others of you who idolize the guy lol).   All the rage in the world won't change a thing.  Money talks.  Wait....you dont spend any on the Bills?!?  Then why is it you think they owe you anything, as if they were your property?  lol come on man.....  In all seriousness, Nick Wright is not your personal lord and savior, even if you think he is. He's like a very poor man's Howard Stern.....a fortunate fellow who gets paid to troll(to rile people up....Wright is intelligent, funny, and gets the game quite well, but he also gets you even more and is screwing with your emotions.  You can choose to ignore him, unless you can think of 1 valid we he helps the Bills or your emotions, other than telling you what you want to hear.  Cowherd maybe more so,

• Agree 1

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

Sean(amd any who benefit from parroting your personal lord and savior and the shtick he pioneered with a nuance most imitators do not begin to approach...see Sean, I do not dislike you, just whatever is pulling your strings much of the time lol).....   Do you think Joe Burrow won that game because he threw for 400 yards? 350?   300? 250?  How about 242 yards.   Last week when some on here were piling on Josh Allen, he threw for 220 in the first half(and would have had plenty more by your own account, if the refs had not made incorrect calls that took points off the board as well).  Was that all our imagination, and these targets disappear in the course of a week?  Is Burrow secretly showboating by illustrating you don't need gaudy numbers to win a highly anticipated match up???(maybe it's time we at least make a token attempt to look deeper.....I mean we have more of it now). 

Is it within your realm of possibility to consider pumping the breaks for awhile and seeing where the remaining cards fall and making an assessment when the situation is actually known after FA?(and more to the other malcontents, we don't need another 10,000 mentions of IOL creed f*cking humphreys who truth is most of you didnt know from adam[with a few exceptions] let alone demand.  Shit, may was well go on about TB12 and Gronk too if you're going to use hindsight.

Beane isn't perfect, but he gets the national recognition Sean used to long for so badly....and now despises once getting his wish....as having built possibly the best roster in the NFL along with the coaches who developed the players.  You demanded less running til you got to the point you could no longer complain, and became enraged that they did not run more. 

You may recall early in the season it was said the WR room was stacked?  Overflowing?  Keep in mind the importance of perception.  Ive not been critical of Dorsey often at all, but in the last few weeks it seems he has underutilized numerous players.....  He is, after all, a rookie at his post.  Generally rookies can improve.  However there are questions I wish the generally worthless media would address(I suppose they may have, I have not seen them mentioned on here or elsewhere, though).   Fans have their favorites, but for me I'd start with asking why the WRs the NFL has already recognized as All Pros are npt being used more.........they were the guys who helped Josh (bleep)ing Allen become what he was capable of being, and one does not have to be a neuroscientist to realize that familiarity(in addition to them being the most consistent) could have the extra bonus of bring out of Josh what we haven't seen fully since early in the season when he was breaking franchise records  with less than the weapons he had available today....and then taking the 4th quarter off.   If folks decide to ignore this and rage as if they had not see it, I can set it up to paste until at least a few people think things over.  I don't say one must agree with me, but pumping the breaks is not going to make the draft and the dates folks will be pining for come any more slowly. 

On the neuro-association, some may be aware of the findings of dramatic changes that can occur when folks with dementia have someone puts on for them music they enjoyed in their younger years.  I'm guessing folks on here are also familiar with things like muscle memory, or that part of Mike McDaniel's revival of Tua's career (according to at least 1 piece I read or heard) was making things more like they were in college for him.  I wasn't expecting Dorsey to imitate Daboll exactly, but I'm listing ways most would not consider in addition to the obvious reasons I wish someone in the media would get answers to, the way they did early last season...which had a somewhat profound impact on production.   Why move from what worked until it was broken by folks OFF the field?   Recall the offense JA17 had for "The Perfect Game", followed the very next week with "The Greatest Post Season Game  Ever" and ask yourself what to you is worth breaking up something that happened about exactly(and merely) 1 year ago?

For further good news, salary cap should take quite a jump with new TV contracts next season, AND betting profits that I heard far exceeded expectations.   Meaning Beane may have more latitude than many expected for keeping and or signing free agents, and the Bills may not be as needy come draft day as some currently believe.  With all of the real issues in this world. do you really think it was to add unneeded illness like anxiety(which can affect physical health.

Completely declaring all the joyous moments some of us recognize the worth of as "worthless" is robbing yourself of positive emotions and potentially health, and replacing it with the opposite...and to a great extent it is choice, which starts with attitude and perception.  I would nor try to interfere in youre misery if you truly prefer it, but I can say it is avoidable to whatever extent you want it to be when it comes to a pass time.    "Rich peoples'  'problems'"  -SeanDelevan(circa 1st decade of century?  Like Nick Wright claimed months ago after observing a litttle bit of bad play from JFA, he declared he knew  "Bad Josh Allen" was still "in there", in similar(yet more humble,and well-intentioned manner) I will say I have reason to believe the there is 'Good Sean Delevan' inside you still, and I do not wish to give up hope you will treat yourself better, man(unless you've hoodwinked me and this is all an elaborate act and you're paid well by a 3 letter agency to sow doubt even in the best of times,, then I'd likely mumble some profanity, tell you to GTFO, and literally laugh at the absurdity of your society and acknowledge your mastery of the sad sack act lol).

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Listening to WGR this morning and hearing people GO OFF about the offenses lack of weapons…how they should of signed and drafted more weapons for Allen. 

People going off on how the remaining teams built their teams around their qb. 

oh you mean the thing I was screaming for the Bills to do since drafting Josh Allen!??!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK 

And let Cincy teach you something….when you have weapons…YOU CAN PLUG SCRUBS INTO THE OL AND IT DIDNT FUCKING MATTER 

They do not have scrubs on the offensive line. They can protect Burrow, and they can open up holes for the ground game, which is exactly what the Bills offensive line should be doing. Maybe the Bill's should be looking for an offensive line coach, who actually played on the offensive line and knows from first hand experience what they need to be doing to be successful. I honestly don't think McBeane puts to much thought into their coaching hires. for instance, why does Frasier always look as if he's sleeping on the sidelines, and his defenses play like it? Say what you will about Belichek, but his assistant coaches are always spot on, and look as if they're in the game. If they aren't, I doubt they stick around.

The Bill's, at home, being at a disadvantage in the cold, wet, snow, speaks volumes about this coaching staff and how they prepare for the season. In upstate New York, you build your team to have an advantage in the bad weather, not the other way around.

The season is over because of a lack of weapons, but not the weapons that you think.

3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Joe Burrow could have thrown in 6 seconds flat, maybe more. The defense under Frasier is a non-factor, and if the Bill's care about winning (not so sure) he should be gone. How do spend all those draft picks on defense, and not get anything in return?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Victor7 said:

There is no bigger failure than yesterday. Please stop defending this coach, and this DC. 

With a defense filled with top draft picks and FA's vs a team starting 3 !!!. ... back up linemen they were abused. No pressure on the QB and gashed all day on the ground. This was the end for our philosophy. Its over. It failed. Time to switch to something else or at the very least change the guy in charge (Frazier)

I don't understand how someone can look at yesterday's game and not think that change is needed.

Some snowflakes live in an unrealistic world where everything is always fine....just like the rainbow's and unicorn's in their heads...lol

8 hours ago, FanBack said:

Don't be stupid.  No one disagrees.   Any idiot can see that we don't have a second weapon that can match these other offenses.  You're not a genius for that; I consider you an idiot for wanting Beane/McDermott fired for not being perfect in everything. 

You can't discount that McDermott and Beane:

1)  Took a 20+ year shit show that, at best, was a wild card bounce for Flutie's 2 years starting and has a winning record two other times. 

2)  Built the Buffalo Bills into one of the best teams in the league.   

3)  Made Buffalo into a destination for players; we no longer have to overpay grossly.

4)  Developed a project QB into a top 5 passer.  They also got it right on his character and work ethic.   Beane mentioned this as a factor after we drafted him. 

5)  Took enough injuries this season to derail most teams.

6)  Built our defense and offense to contend in the modern 21st century NFL.

Now, yesterday's game was disturbing that BOTH of our lines were dominated!!  A second weapon, although needed, is not the sole answer.  That kind of thinking put Joe Biden in office.   How's your 401K?  

It might be coaching, because none of these lineman were thought to be over-reaches or bad signings. 

Honestly, this is the one playoff game where the Bills didn't perform to expectations. 

“Any idiot can see it”?  Have you read anything from dipshit Daryl?  He says Allen is the issue and he has enough weapons. Can’t make this shit up. That dumb fuck literally believes it. Haha. 

• Laugh 1

Just now, whorlnut said:

“Any idiot can see it”?  Have you read anything from dipshit Daryl?  He says Allen is the issue and he has enough weapons. Can’t make this shit up. That dumb fuck literally believes it. Haha. 

I skimmed through other bills forumns just to get an idea of what most FAN's think...overwelming same concensus...i would say like 1% barely still very happy with our coordinators etc..they did a great job so far etc.....the ENTIRE MEDIA world (mainstream & podcasts etc etc) are saying the exact same thing as most are....So the "resident" expert (LMFAO) is soley right and all of us and rest of the world of course is wrong...got it!

1 minute ago, jpp said:

I skimmed through other bills forumns just to get an idea of what most FAN's think...overwelming same concensus...i would say like 1% barely still very happy with our coordinators etc..they did a great job so far etc.....the ENTIRE MEDIA world (mainstream & podcasts etc etc) are saying the exact same thing as most are....So the "resident" expert (LMFAO) is soley right and all of us and rest of the world of course is wrong...got it!

Just about everything that me, Sean, and several others were bitching about all season has been proven correct. We don’t have anyone outside of Diggs and Allen on offense. Our coaches are consistently outcoached. The resources put into the d haven’t planned out. It’s a bad situation, but dipshit wants to keep talking about the “number 2 offense”. Literally every media member and beat writer is talking about this o being 2 guys and then a bunch of replaceable players. But you know…Daryl knows more than anyone. Haha. So fun to see him be proven wrong. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Just about everything that me, Sean, and several others were bitching about all season has been proven correct. We don’t have anyone outside of Diggs and Allen on offense. Our coaches are consistently outcoached. The resources put into the d haven’t planned out. It’s a bad situation, but dipshit wants to keep talking about the “number 2 offense”. Literally every media member and beat writer is talking about this o being 2 guys and then a bunch of replaceable players. But you know…Daryl knows more than anyone. Haha. So fun to see him be proven wrong. 

Whats proven time and time again is how embarrasing he is.....Yesterday was the cherry ontop of the cake.....Watch how he will now try to back slide out of his comments....lol

5 minutes ago, jpp said:

Whats proven time and time again is how embarrasing he is.....Yesterday was the cherry ontop of the cake.....Watch how he will now try to back slide out of his comments....lol

Yep…he literally bitched about being “stuck with Allen for 5 more years” when he’s one of two guys on offense that are irreplaceable. What a douche. 

55 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

That's not what he said exactly.  Allen missed some throws; he has a point.   He also made some super human plays. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JoeFerguson said:

@seandelevanI was listening to WGR. I swear that some of the callers sounded like  you. :classic_laugh:

Hence why I called this thread “music to my ears” lol

But it’s such a bitter sweet homecoming of sorts…hearing and seeing the gnashing of teeth about blowing top picks on the d line and not on weapons…exactly what I’ve been warning everyone about since 2018…and I hate to be that guy but…I don’t think it will get better with McDermott running the ship. I really don’t think he’s all of a sudden going to change his coaching philosophy and schemes. As long as he’s here….this will always be a defensive centric team. I honestly think they walked out of that stadium yesterday saying wE nEeD tO sToP bUrRoW nOw 

8 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Hence why I called this thread “music to my ears” lol

But it’s such a bitter sweet homecoming of sorts…hearing and seeing the gnashing of teeth about blowing top picks on the d line and not on weapons…exactly what I’ve been warning everyone about since 2018…and I hate to be that guy but…I don’t think it will get better with McDermott running the ship. I really don’t think he’s all of a sudden going to change his coaching philosophy and schemes. As long as he’s here….this will always be a defensive centric team. I honestly think they walked out of that stadium yesterday saying wE nEeD tO sToP bUrRoW nOw 

Bullshit. No way they can be saying that. Just no way. It’s their own fucking faults that the defenders were so far off the line allowing their receivers to get the ball quickly and in space. It’s not a talent issue. It’s a coaching issue. They need to change some schemes and they will find success with the personnel they have. 

4 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Bullshit. No way they can be saying that. Just no way. It’s their own fucking faults that the defenders were so far off the line allowing their receivers to get the ball quickly and in space. It’s not a talent issue. It’s a coaching issue. They need to change some schemes and they will find success with the personnel they have. 

I’m on record saying we would draft more defense after the AFCCG….and they did.

I also said they would draft more defense after last years fuck up….and they did. 

I’ll truly and honestly believe it when I see it. Until then I’m fully prepared to punch my tv come draft night when they draft a DB 

wE nEEd tO cOvEr teE hIgGiNs 

• Laugh 1

5 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

I’m on record saying we would draft more defense after the AFCCG….and they did.

I also said they would draft more defense after last years fuck up….and they did. 

I’ll truly and honestly believe it when I see it. Until then I’m fully prepared to punch my tv come draft night when they draft a DB 

wE nEEd tO cOvEr teE hIgGiNs 

Nah they will go for another DE to help out Von...lol

• Laugh 1