Difference between Offensive minded and defensive minded head coach

Defensive minded coaches think you win with defense and dont hire stud offensive coordinators because they want their thinking to permeate the entire franchise 

Offensive minded coaches just want to win and hire kick ass defensive coordinators and let them do their thing and don't pretend to be defensive geniuses and let the DC do his thing.

Remove bellicek from this because he had the GOAT and was smart enough to realize that and got a OC to appease him

• Downvote 1
  • Agree 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

6 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

Defensive minded coaches think you win with defense and dont hire stud offensive coordinators because they want their thinking to permeate the entire franchise 

Offensive minded coaches just want to win and hire kick ass defensive coordinators and let them do their thing and don't pretend to be defensive geniuses and let the DC do his thing.

Remove bellicek from this because he had the GOAT and was smart enough to realize that and got a OC to appease him

This is why I cringed when they hired him

But halfway thru the 2020 season I began to have hope.

But playing not to lose in the AFCCG and respond by drafting back to back defensive ends to sack Mahomes really blew my mind. Especially after drafting Epensea. Unbelievable. Then after the 13 second disaster THEY DOUBLED DOWN AND SIGNED VON MILLER AND DRAFT A DB IN ROUND ONE! 

As long as McDermott is here….nothing will change. Sorry.

• Downvote 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

37 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

We should have made Daboll our coach he knew McDermott sucks 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, seandelevan said:

This is why I cringed when they hired him

But halfway thru the 2020 season I began to have hope.

But playing not to lose in the AFCCG and respond by drafting back to back defensive ends to sack Mahomes really blew my mind. Especially after drafting Epensea. Unbelievable. Then after the 13 second disaster THEY DOUBLED DOWN AND SIGNED VON MILLER AND DRAFT A DB IN ROUND ONE! 

As long as McDermott is here….nothing will change. Sorry.

So I guess you would have ok with the following hires as all you care about is what positions they coached.

Kliff Kingsbury, Frank Reich, Matt Rhule, Nathaniel Hackett, Joe Judge, Matt Nagy, Urban Meyer, Anthony Lynn, Doug Marrone, or Adam Gase?  And boy would you have been wrong.

You see, being a head coach is much different than being a coordinator. The key qualities of being a HC is to be a leader of men and to have an understanding of the fundamentals of football strategy. 

• Agree 1

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

9 hours ago, JS12 said:

They both suck

Daboll just took a team with very little talent and went 9-7-1. Then won a playoff game. They were just outclassed by Philly, but he had a great year coaching the Giants.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Greg said:

Daboll just took a team with very little talent and went 9-7-1. Then won a playoff game. They were just outclassed by Philly, but he had a great year coaching the Giants.

Much like McDermott's first year here.   From whom did you think Daboll and Schoen learned this? 

11 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

So I guess you would have ok with the following hires as all you care about is what positions they coached.

Kliff Kingsbury, Frank Reich, Matt Rhule, Nathaniel Hackett, Joe Judge, Matt Nagy, Urban Meyer, Anthony Lynn, Doug Marrone, or Adam Gase?  And boy would you have been wrong.

You see, being a head coach is much different than being a coordinator. The key qualities of being a HC is to be a leader of men and to have an understanding of the fundamentals of football strategy. 

It's like listening to Woody Johnson and Stephen Ross debate about what to do with the Bills.

McDermott gets completely that he is a head coach.  

32 minutes ago, Greg said:

I don’t think he lasts. Time will tell.