The defense

Greg

Anyone else getting frustrated with the defense. How many 3rd and long or 2nd and long situations do we get, and the other team still converts the 1st down. Yesterday was even worse with a scrub QB doing it. I am not looking forward to the Bills defense facing Burrow and company. 

6 minutes ago, Greg said:

Anyone else getting frustrated with the defense. How many 3rd and long or 2nd and long situations do we get, and the other team still converts the 1st down. Yesterday was even worse with a scrub QB doing it. I am not looking forward to the Bills defense facing Burrow and company. 

Glad other smart people are finally coming around on this! 

100% true 

And given that this side of the ball was given 5 first round draft picks….big bucks for Von Miller….

And it’s our 5th round LB from BC and our 4th round DB from Weber St that were the only ones getting consistent pressure on a scrub qb. 

Building your team around the defensive line and having our coach being from defensive background I would LIKE to fucking think our D would be shutting fuckers down. I would give my left nut to trade away Epenesa, Basham, Rousseau and even Ed Oliver for a stud OLinemen or a WR2 for the offense. 

FUCK!

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

I do understand where you are coming from...Its pretty eye opening that two players that scored two huge touchdowns the last two weeks (J. Brown/C. Beasley), were not even on the team a month or so ago.

Having said that, hoping that G .Davis is turning the corner and wants to be that playoff monster.

One reason that I believe JA is league MVP, is that he seems to have to do so much to win a game. If he is not great, and is just average, we are in for a tight game.  Speaks volumes as to how special he truly is.

2 hours ago, seandelevan said:

100% true 

And given that this side of the ball was given 5 first round draft picks….big bucks for Von Miller….

And it’s our 5th round LB from BC and our 4th round DB from Weber St that were the only ones getting consistent pressure on a scrub qb. 

Building your team around the defensive line and having our coach being from defensive background I would LIKE to fucking think our D would be shutting fuckers down. I would give my left nut to trade away Epenesa, Basham, Rousseau and even Ed Oliver for a stud OLinemen or a WR2 for the offense. 

FUCK!

Allen was the reason game was close, not the D.  Also, our WR#2 went 6 for 113 and a TD. How did Hill and Waddle do? Our D shut them down.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

2 hours ago, seandelevan said:

100% true 

FUCK!

This is the first year the defense has been bad on stopping 3 and long situations, so don’t act like you know what’s going on when it comes to football.  Everyone on this site knows you complain about EVERYTHING so when something goes wrong you can say “smart people are finally coming around on this”.  You are a fraud, a fake, a phony, and smart people are finally coming around on this. 

• Laugh 1

I understand being frustrated by things like that, but yesterday, the defense is what kept us in it until the office figured it out again. Nobody’s going to stock every single play. But we stopped enough of them to keep them from scoring on every drive.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

2 hours ago, Victor7 said:

Our defense was good dudes. 

Don't be fooled by the 31 points. At least 15 of those were gifted by the offense. They also scored after the long punt return and the long int return. Here's some stats for you 

We allowed 3.35 yards per play

Run D was spectacular. 42 yards on 20 carries

231 total yards only.

4 of 16 on third down. That's 25% for those of you iffy on math. 

Skylar completed less than 50% of his throws for only 220 yards. 

Our D was not an issue yesterday

Thanks for this.  Data don't lie. Between the turnovers, dropped passes, bad tackling it looked ( and was ) messy as shit.   Let's  start with removing the turnovers    If we can do that we'll be fine 

2 hours ago, Victor7 said:

Don't be fooled by the 31 points. At least 15 of those were gifted by the offense. They also scored after the long punt return and the long int return. Here's some stats for you 

231 total yards only.

If this is the defense that shows up against the Bengals, the Bills will win if Allen doesn't turn the ball over 3 times. 

• Like 1

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

My only gripe about the defense was the play where the Fins converted a 3rd and 19.  When the Bills need to squash a 3rd and 1, or a 3rd and 5, they're good for it.  But if you ask them to squash a 3rd and 15+ forget about it.  They need to figure that shit out.  :niterider:

• Agree 1

other than 1 head scratching drive to make it 34-31 defense was great yesterday.  Best game by Edmunds ever.   Run defense was a wall except for that 1 drive.   Elam was great.   And one of those long conversions was thanks to an ignored obvious block in the back.

• Agree 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

3 hours ago, Victor7 said:

231 total yards only.

Exactly. Allen gave them 7 points off the fumble/TD. Beasley tipped int gave them 7 points off of great field position. The throw intended for Brown was picked and returned  which lead to points. Punt team gave up a huge return which ended up being 3. Defense played fine. We can’t turn the ball over while giving up returns and expect to blow any team out

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

And those missed tackles?

Really?? I thought the tackling was best we saw all season

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

10 hours ago, Victor7 said:

231 total yards only.

agreed, The Offense put us in bad positions.

7 hours ago, Woody said:

My only gripe about the defense was the play where the Fins converted a 3rd and 19.  When the Bills need to squash a 3rd and 1, or a 3rd and 5, they're good for it.  But if you ask them to squash a 3rd and 15+ forget about it.  They need to figure that shit out.  :niterider:

Yup…and it’s usually a screen pass…something they rarely stop and something they rarely do themselves successfully. 

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg