Jump to content

Republican House gets to Work!


HipKat
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Republican Taliban!

Women in the Missouri House of Representatives called out a “ridiculous” amendment this week that limits how they can dress.

The dress code amendment, proposed by state Rep. Ann Kelley (R), requires women to wear jackets, which includes “blazers and knit blazers,” with their outfits.

The amendment was adopted Wednesday as the state House debated its rules, an act they typically pursue every two years at the start of a new General Assembly, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Missouri Rep. Ashley Aune (D) slammed Kelley over her support for the amendment before the two sparred on the Missouri House floor.

“Do you know what it feels like to have a bunch of men in this room looking at your top trying to decide whether it’s appropriate or not? ... This is ridiculous,” Aune said.

“Lady, you’re right, it is ridiculous, it is absolutely absurd that we even have to talk about it on the House floor,” Kelley snapped back.

“Then why are you doing it?

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, HipKat said:

The Republican Taliban!

Women in the Missouri House of Representatives called out a “ridiculous” amendment this week that limits how they can dress.

The dress code amendment, proposed by state Rep. Ann Kelley (R), requires women to wear jackets, which includes “blazers and knit blazers,” with their outfits.

The amendment was adopted Wednesday as the state House debated its rules, an act they typically pursue every two years at the start of a new General Assembly, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Missouri Rep. Ashley Aune (D) slammed Kelley over her support for the amendment before the two sparred on the Missouri House floor.

“Do you know what it feels like to have a bunch of men in this room looking at your top trying to decide whether it’s appropriate or not? ... This is ridiculous,” Aune said.

“Lady, you’re right, it is ridiculous, it is absolutely absurd that we even have to talk about it on the House floor,” Kelley snapped back.

“Then why are you doing it?

How women dress? I would think the Biden crime family and the porous southern border combined with the weaponization of the FBI and justice department should be top priority.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, HipKat said:

But abolishing the department that handles Revenue is??? 

Obviously there is WAY TOO MANY federal agencies, but you can't make cuts just to make cuts without making them sensible./

The IRS is easy to handle. Reduce the Tax Codes to a simple flat income tax. Remove double taxation policies and loopholes that the wealthiest use to escape paying taxes. Which would allow you to reduces the IRS workforce.

Ohh, it’s that easy, excellent! Then why the hell does it get larger, more powerful and more complex every decade it seems!? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Very Wide Right said:

How women dress? I would think the Biden crime family and the porous southern border combined with the weaponization of the FBI and justice department should be top priority.

Did you even read it?? Tell me how it's different than the Taliban forcing women to dress in a certain way?

I thought Inflation was the top priority?

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Did you even read it?? Tell me how it's different than the Taliban forcing women to dress in a certain way?

I thought Inflation was the top priority?

Again, with all of the serious problems facing this post Trump America, I don't care about clothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Very Wide Right said:

Again, with all of the serious problems facing this post Trump America, I don't care about clothing.

I don't care about clothing either but it's cold as FUCK right now, so I wear as much as I can

  • Laugh 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...