Clash Of Football Philosophies on MNF

seandelevan

6 hours ago, FanBack said:

Besides, which sure thing playmaker was available where we picked?  Seriously? 

This past draft? Lol. I’ve made countless posts saying no one being picked that late would be contributor and have advocated trading that pick for a bonafide starter. 

You're an idiot.  Do not take offense.   Accept the reality.  Everyone would like to see another playmaker at WR; I think this was a misstep.  But GMs and Coaches are not perfect.   You can't discount everything these guys have gotten right, criticize the one weakness, and broad brush this as a philosophy.   . 

Yeah and this idiot has been saying they needed another WR seconds after signing Diggs..and I’m no fucking GM…I just can’t believe there are people who didn’t see this coming when I did back in 2018. Who drafts your team’s  potential franchise qb and then proceeds to literally do nothing for him until the Diggs move. When every pick after Allen until the 6th round was defense….and then gave him two journeymen WRs the following year….fucking dumb.

We are 12-3 you stupid shit.  With the toughest schedule, bad weather, and a rash of injuries that would have derailed most other teams' playoff runs.

We have put secondaries out there with 3 - 4 defensive backfield starters missing.   Justin Jefferson beat our 5th - 6th best corner?   Oh no!!  Whatever shall we do??

Every team has injuries…trust me Cincy, Chiefs, Dolphins etc dont feel sorry for the Bills. Yeah and statue qb Kirk Cousins was relatively untouched sitting back there throwing it up…just more evidence that building your team around “sacking the qb” is dumb and flawed. And yes….they have done that…after both KC playoff losses McBeane has said “we need to sack Mahomes” and their draft record has backed that up…yet “sacking the qb” hasn’t won us shit. 

I, for one, cannot wait to see how we match up with the Bengals.   If we lose, we might see them again this year.   Macaulay Caulkin definitely cannot beat Josh Allen twice.   I don't think he can beat him once. 

Same here…if we lose….and it was because we couldn’t stop them..it’s going to look bad, real bad for McBeane who have built this team on the back of the defense and yet can’t stop the offense that I wanted Josh Allen to have. 

Snap out of it and enjoy this time.   That doesn't mean being a homer.  It means realizing we can wake up 5 years from now and be back in 7-9 mode.   Well, now 7-10.  Getting rid of McDermott would be the first step towards that. 

Guarantee there were Charger fans 10-15 years ago who said the same thing about Marty Schottenheimer….again, you can count on one hand the last 20 years how many former defensive coordinators who became head coaches won a super bowl….and most of those are Belichick so……..

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

This past draft? Lol. I’ve made countless posts saying no one being picked that late would be contributor and have advocated trading that pick for a bonafide starter. 

Yeah and this idiot has been saying they needed another WR seconds after signing Diggs..and I’m no fucking GM…I just can’t believe there are people who didn’t see this coming when I did back in 2018. Who drafts your team’s  potential franchise qb and then proceeds to literally do nothing for him until the Diggs move. When every pick after Allen until the 6th round was defense….and then gave him two journeymen WRs the following year….fucking dumb.

Every team has injuries…trust me Cincy, Chiefs, Dolphins etc dont feel sorry for the Bills. Yeah and statue qb Kirk Cousins was relatively untouched sitting back there throwing it up…just more evidence that building your team around “sacking the qb” is dumb and flawed. And yes….they have done that…after both KC playoff losses McBeane has said “we need to sack Mahomes” and their draft record has backed that up…yet “sacking the qb” hasn’t won us shit. 

Same here…if we lose….and it was because we couldn’t stop them..it’s going to look bad, real bad for McBeane who have built this team on the back of the defense and yet can’t stop the offense that I wanted Josh Allen to have. 

Guarantee there were Charger fans 10-15 years ago who said the same thing about Marty Schottenheimer….again, you can count on one hand the last 20 years how many former defensive coordinators who became head coaches won a super bowl….and most of those are Belichick so……..

I can't even read your Fascist ramblings.  Seek help and football knowledge.   To help you I will offer a deep discount on my Voter Coaching Services. 

On 12/28/2022 at 4:45 PM, seandelevan said:

Well here we are motherfuckers 

Cincy has built their team how I’ve been bitching on how the Bills should have been building theirs for 5 god damned years now. This Cincy team has made it further than the Bills…FACT. So now let’s see what happens when they face each other. 

Cincy built their team like how I wanted the Bills to build theirs: surround the franchise qb with elite weapons and priority free agents. Cincy has studs…notice plural….STUDS…at WR…a damn fine rb…a damn good TE….they signed 3 free agents and drafted OL. 4 first rounders on their offense. Meanwhile they have zero first rounders on defense…unless you count Eli Apple…who was NOT drafted by the Bengals. Yup, the same DL that was giving Mahomes god damned fits in that playoff game has NO first or second rounders. 

With all the first and second rounders on our DL and secondary you’d expect them to pressure Burrow and shut down the passing game. 

Right now Cincy beat reporters are posting the ridiculous numbers elite WRs have put up this year against the Bills. They are saying Chase and Tee Higgins are going to have career games. LOL 

So fasten your seatbelts motherfuckers and pray to your gods the Bills don’t lose or it will be ONE BIG FAT I TOLD YOU SO from me following the game…and beyond.

Yes, it is a “fact” that the Bengal's “made it further than the Bills” in last year’s playoffs.

So what???  

It does NOT prove, in any way whatsoever, that they have built their team better than the Bills have.  And it certainly does not validate sean’s self-serving bullshit that he is soooooooo smart and the Bills are sooooooo dumb for not listening to HIS opinion.  

Jesus....you bet your ass you are not GM, and have literally ZERO qualifications to be anywhere close to decision making for a real NFL team.

In any event, the reason the Bengals “made it further than the Bills” in last year’s playoffs was NOT all because of their offense.  Especially in the AFC Championship game.  KC’s crappy defense is what allowed Cincy to come back from a 21-3 deficit.

Mahomes had literally his worst half of football in his career in that game.  I mean, really terrible.  Most of that was the result of the Bengals defense and the defensive scheme.  Mahomes brain fart at the end of the first half was not only unusual, but changed the whole momentum of the game.

And in OT, Mahomes threw three really bad passes, and THE reason the Bengals prevailed in OT was because they INTERCEPTED THE BALL.  More or less already in FG range to win.

In the Super Bowl, they LOST because of LA Rams superior defense.  In particular, the constant pressure Aaron Donald and Von Miller put on Burrow, sacking him SIX times in the second half.  They had a stellar 82% pass-rush win rate, the highest of any team in a single game the 2021 season.

Aaron Donald, 13th overall draft pick.  Von Miller, 2nd overall draft pick.

The last few plays of the game, the Rams win was ensured because of the Rams pass rush and unrelenting pass rush.  

As for the Bengal’s drafting “studs”...well.....that’s what happens when your team is for shit and you are  in the top 5 draft position fro at least two years in a row.   (BTW, the last time the Bills were in the top 5 draft pick was 2014.....while the remnants of Ralph Wilson’s shitty Mickey Mouse football operation was still in control)

Before they finally put it together last season with a 10-7 record....

2020 - 4-11 - #5 overall draft position for 2021 - Ja’Marr Chase

2019 - 2-14 - #1 overall draft position for 2020 - Joe Burrow, Tee Higgins #1 round 2.

2018 - 6-10 - #11 overall draft position for 2019 - Jonah Williams T

Yeah....the best way to get into the position to build a great team is to be SHITTY for several years in a row. 

The season before the Bills drafted Josh Allen, they were 9-7, and had to accomplish several moves to get into position to snag the future superstar at #7 overall.  

If not for the 13 seconds, and IF the AFC Championship game was played in BUFFALO, I strongly suspect that the BILLS would have been in the Super Bowl and would have won it.

This Monday night game favors Cincy because they are at home.  We’ll see how it comes out.  I suspect that it will be very close, with a mistake or two deciding it. 

Either way, win or lose, it’s not going to validate the way Cincy has built their team as superior, nor prove that the way the Bills built their team is inferior.  What bullshit.

So, basically, sean's argument is for crap.  

• Laugh 1

On 12/29/2022 at 9:22 AM, seandelevan said:

I’m so fucking giddy for Monday 

You know McBeane are shaking in their fucking boots. Why? Because if their defense gets BURNED on Monday night they know all of Bills Nation will be asking the same god damn questions: 

Isnt defense your specialty?

didn’t you draft 8 first and second rounders to this defense?

didn’t you sign a buttload of free agents and overpaid for most of them to the defense?

and I know some of you will come on here and say tHe bEngALs hAve eLitE wIdE rECiEvErS erRR 

yeah no shit…and there is no GOD DAMN RULE saying the Bills can’t! 

And I’ve resigned myself to the fact that our defense will get torched. Whatever. That’s fine. It’s 2022. 

But if I see our offense STRUGGLE against a Cincy defense with 1 fucking first rounder on it?

MAN OH MAN LOL MAN OH FUCKING MAN

BuTT wE ArE MiSsiNG VoN MiLLeR!

• Laugh 1

9 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Getting ready for tomorrow….loading the cannons for blistering condemnation of this regime if the defense get smoked and the offense struggles….

the navy comes through war movie GIF by Warner Archive

@daryls61 you can't be taken seriously in your campaign if you don't hit this out of the stadium((like JFA nearly throwing the ball out of the stadium).  Sean not only admitted his weekly shoutbox in-game activity, but even illustrated it.

@seandelevan I honestly don't mind if you post a dozen threads during the game and 20 afterward if you'd have the decency of not trying to prison sex OBD and Bills fans' experience during the game, with the weight you carry with your disciples.  The opportunity for live enjoyment is relatively rare compared to the opportunity for the unnatural and violent sexual acts you used to use to describe various football topics and intend toward gleefully unleashing on the Bills and fans, which can be done 24/7 365 a year in the forums and shoutbox.  Have not there been any instances of grace/mercy in your life you may not have been deserving of, that you could possibly pay forward?  I don't mean a total ban on hate, but maybe keeping it at or below an arbitrary percentage of shouts like 66.6%, a seemingly fit and easy to remember # for you?  I don't even mean for you, just total.......

Heck, win or lose I still can post the gifs of your ascension/apotheosis....and maybe compile some song lyrics of devotion for your disciples to honor you with if you keep them from crossing the 66.6% Anti-Bills threshold?  Some mercy?  Maybe I can find my Daryl milk carton photo from old times too.

I'm not in the slightest opposed to you being 100% all in against he Bills for 3 hours, but would appreciate some room to breathe and Daryls is like the player who disappears in big games, so I am appealing directly to you instead of the guy who during games generally is about as shiftless as one poor son of a bitch can be. lol

• Laugh 1

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

PS I doubt your gif was an intentional allusion to the aforementioned activities, but some on here may have folks in our lives that have suffered from such violence and may not wish to be reminded of it that often. It's at least worth consideration, in my opinion.  Spirit of the season type of thing, though I don't expect spiked is able to stop with things anally and/or fecally related, I think others can mitigate their reliance on it.  "lol"(?)

(I think even @daryls61 offered alternative suggestions that could be used... and did declare the shoutbox a safe space.... I witnessed it)

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

On 12/28/2022 at 7:58 PM, seandelevan said:

If the Bills win…thanks to their defense…I’ll respectfully give Sean McDermott his due. I’ll stop all talk of this team being defensive first. I’ll say “defense wins championships”. I’ll give McDermott a longer leash. I’ll blow him….figuratively lol.

Are the Bills not practicing at all this whole time? I haven’t heard anything. 

Somehow, I don’t believe if Buffalo barely beats Cincinnati in a low scoring game that Sean will not bitch about not having enough weapons. 

• Agree 1

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

13 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Somehow, I don’t believe if Buffalo barely beats Cincinnati in a low scoring game that Sean will not bitch about not having enough weapons. 

Exactly…proving my point that investing so much in defense is a waste of time and resources…

11 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Getting ready for tomorrow….loading the cannons for blistering condemnation of this regime if the defense get smoked and the offense struggles….

the navy comes through war movie GIF by Warner Archive

Imagine being this much of a loser that your first thought is how happy you will be if the Bills lose. Yes, Sean, we all know you love it when the Bills lose so you can post all your fake news. 

Sean has so little knowledge about NFL football he thinks 1 game will be a refrunderium on how to build an NFL team. He probably doesnt even realize that there is one more regular season game and that the Bills have already made the playoffs.

Sean is so mentally weak that he doesnt even remember that the Bills beat the Chiefs in the regular season last year but lost in the playoffs when it really mattered. 

What a pathetic existence it must be to wake up every morning, look in the mirror and see a mentally weak loser who is a full coward that stinks of fear looking back at you. 

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

2 hours ago, StraightJ said:

@daryls61 you can't be taken seriously in your campaign if you don't hit this out of the stadium((like JFA nearly throwing the ball out of the stadium).  Sean not only admitted his weekly shoutbox in-game activity, but even illustrated it.

@seandelevan I honestly don't mind if you post a dozen threads during the game and 20 afterward if you'd have the decency of not trying to prison sex OBD and Bills fans' experience during the game, with the weight you carry with your disciples.  The opportunity for live enjoyment is relatively rare compared to the opportunity for the unnatural and violent sexual acts you used to use to describe various football topics and intend toward gleefully unleashing on the Bills and fans, which can be done 24/7 365 a year in the forums and shoutbox.  Have not there been any instances of grace/mercy in your life you may not have been deserving of, that you could possibly pay forward?  I don't mean a total ban on hate, but maybe keeping it at or below an arbitrary percentage of shouts like 66.6%, a seemingly fit and easy to remember # for you?  I don't even mean for you, just total.......

Heck, win or lose I still can post the gifs of your ascension/apotheosis....and maybe compile some song lyrics of devotion for your disciples to honor you with if you keep them from crossing the 66.6% Anti-Bills threshold?  Some mercy?  Maybe I can find my Daryl milk carton photo from old times too.

I'm not in the slightest opposed to you being 100% all in against he Bills for 3 hours, but would appreciate some room to breathe and Daryls is like the player who disappears in big games, so I am appealing directly to you instead of the guy who during games generally is about as shiftless as one poor son of a bitch can be. lol

Done SJ. @seandelevan proves once again that he will be happy when the Bills lose. It is terrible that someone can be this big of a loser and mentally weak that he has to actively root against the Bills but we all know that is Sean in a nutshell. 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

Exactly…proving my point that investing so much in defense is a waste of time and resources…

Yet, #2 offense in NFL - you conveniently leave out that point every time because it blows your theory out of the water. What is it like having everything you stand for disproven?

3 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

Yet, #2 offense in NFL - you conveniently leave out that point every time because it blows your theory out of the water. What is it like having everything you stand for disproven?

Where were you yesterday? Was real nice not having you around. 

7 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Where were you yesterday? Was real nice not having you around. 

I went to Rochester to celebrate Xmas with the Family since we missed last Sunday. Nice day and always fun to watch the kids open their gifts. Played Tucker in Monopoly on PS5. Was a blast. 

• 2 weeks later...

been saying it since before we hired McDermott…..this isn’t 1975

also interesting to note that most of the worst teams in the league have defensive coaches….If Bills didn’t have Allen? This is maybe a 5 win team.

And you guys still think we are drafting OL or WR first or second rounds??? 😂

As Cowherd stated…5 years in and the Oline still sucks, running game still sucks, Allen out of control…

The rules and analytics favor offense…and I knew that before we hired McDermott…was miffed when we did…they can thank Daboll for Allen…I don’t know….smh. 

On 12/29/2022 at 3:07 PM, Baldat28 said:

This very well could be the matchup in the divisional round too

Well, let's see, my other prediction for that game was the winner of that game would lose this one, didn't see either team losing twice to the same team within a 3 week period, but with no official game, who knows

• Like 1