Jump to content

Clash Of Football Philosophies on MNF


seandelevan
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

What if they outscore Bungals, then what? What is your prediction for the game?  Will you even go on record as usually you don't. My prediction, Bungals 27 Bills 22. Will probably place ISP bet on Bungals + whatever they end up at. Has not got to +3 that I can see.

Also, Bills have been practicing as far as I know both yesterday and today. I am sure the week was mentally difficult and stressful for them but they have been dealing with that all season and still have been winning. 

up to???  Mine is down to a PICK (heavier vig on Bills though, so still slight favorites).  If it continues, maybe the Bills get points.  You don't want to fade the public?

Even though I mock you at times, I do appreciate your honesty and up front picks.  I noticed the Pinstripe bowl is on tonight.  I might look into some action on it.

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I really can’t see our run game working against Reader and Hill. If Morse doesn’t play, then we are screwed up front. I truly think this game comes down to Allen. If he plays out of his mind we will win or at least be in it all game. 

Same as every NFL team. If the QB plays well, them generally wins. If QB keeps throwing INT's, like Allen has n red zone, team generally loses.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

 

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

 

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, daryls61 said:

Yet, #2 offense in NFL. Hard to improve on that. Only better offense is KC with only 1 stud receiver like us.

My point every time is imagine what would happen if Allen had a good offensive line and another elite weapon. We can have that if they put some resources into it this off-season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

up to???  Mine is down to a PICK (heavier vig on Bills though, so still slight favorites).  If it continues, maybe the Bills get points.  You don't want to fade the public?

Even though I mock you at times, I do appreciate your honesty and up front picks.  I noticed the Pinstripe bowl is on tonight.  I might look into some action on it.

I meant I had not seen the line get better than Bungals +2. Currently Bungals +1 at Draft Kings. Tonight I have FSU +10.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

 

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

 

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I really believe that elite offensive weapons can beat just about any defense. We have Diggs and then a bunch of average Joes. HOWEVER…the bengals better pray that they can get Allen flustered, or he will pick apart their shitty DBs. 
 

My fear in this game is the interior oline. DJ Reader and BJ Hill will be a terror on our atrocious guards and backup center if Morse can’t play. I fully expect Allen will have pressure in his face all day. This could be a long day for our team and us as fans. 

DJ Reader….5th Rounder 

BJ Hill….3rd Rounder 

 

Two players the Bengals did NOT have to use 1 round talent for….picks that were used for weapons for Joe Burrow. 

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

And if receivers keep dropping balls that doesn’t help either. 

Friendly reminder that Kelce leads NFl in drops. Teams that pass alot will have drops. 

  • Like 2

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

 

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

 

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

Sean, at least you are acknowledging the Bills have faced hardships other teams have not, which Boomer Esiason also did this weekend.

Are you also saying the Bengals do not have a good defense being you claim the teams are built very differently?  FYI, the Bills do have a WR whom the NFL named All-Pro 2 seasons ago, if they choose to use him, who had 6 receptions for 60 yards in January of this year vs the mighty Chiefs your boy Nick Wright is a fan of, in addition to another All-Pro named Diggs, and Josh Allen has shown that like Mahomes he can manufacture weapons when necessary(Lil Dirty vs NE, Gabe vs KC, highlight reel TD to Kumerow in his first and only target of season vs Denver).  How about KC?  Would you rage against them being Mahomes doesn't need half a dozen elite targets, just 1 TE?

I just can’t see Cole Beasley being a factor. I just can’t. The dude was out of football for almost a fucking year. He didn’t sign with Tampa until after the season started and lasted what? Two games? Jeez.

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

My point every time is imagine what would happen if Allen had a good offensive line and another elite weapon. We can have that if they put some resources into it this off-season. 

They would not be any better. You only have so many possessions in a game so you can only score so much. This "Bills don't have weapons" is a fabrication made up by people that need something to complain about. the Bills have been so good that when they don't play the perfect game and score very possession, people who don't understand football link @seandelevan complain.  Don't feed the trolls. 

  • Like 1

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

 

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

 

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

I just can’t see Cole Beasley being a factor. I just can’t. The dude was out of football for almost a fucking year. He didn’t sign with Tampa until after the season started and lasted what? Two games? Jeez.

Agreed. I would be shocked if he had more than 2 catches. This might be a better game to call up Smoke. Bills just needed 5 WR's. The 4 main guys are Can you digg it, Davis, Lil Dirty and Shakira.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

 

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

 

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I can’t say I disagree. I wish I felt differently, but you are most likely right about this. All season, we’ve seen that the offense needs upgrades, but it will end up being the most recent failure that points us right back to defense when it’s all said and done. I hate that it’s probably the truth. 

Josh Allen covers up all the inadequacies of the offense so all the casuals in the national media and @daryls61will believe the offense is fine….

but I can see it now….draft night….talking heads before the Bills pick…

I don’t know Jim….we all saw what #1 wide receivers did to this defense last year and we all saw it on that MNF game in Cincy…they need help back there Jim…I think Kelee Ringo of Georgia will step right in and contribute 

 

fUcK yOu sEaN yOu DOnT kNow wHat tHe FuCk yOure taLkInG aBouT 

 

and too bad I’ve predicted this shit correctly the last 4 drafts….

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

They would not be any better. You only have so many possessions in a game so you can only score so much. This "Bills don't have weapons" is a fabrication made up by people that need something to complain about. the Bills have been so good that when they don't play the perfect game and score very possession, people who don't understand football link @seandelevan complain.  Don't feed the trolls. 

Maybe so, but it would be a different look I’m sure. Allen wouldn’t have to ditch the pocket as much, the run game would be more consistent, we might actually have a screen game, and knox wouldn’t need to be used as another lineman all the time. 
 

I just think it would open a lot more options up and it would make us less Allen-centric. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

My point every time is imagine what would happen if Allen had a good offensive line and another elite weapon. We can have that if they put some resources into it this off-season. 

 

1 minute ago, seandelevan said:

I just can’t see Cole Beasley being a factor. I just can’t. The dude was out of football for almost a fucking year. He didn’t sign with Tampa until after the season started and lasted what? Two games? Jeez.

He left because he did not get action.  He's a player that does not want to be paid to do nothing.  He hasn't forgotten how to get open, and I'm hoping they aren't repeating the beginning of last season.  I think they can make good use of him on 3rd down conversions, or things like the wide open 9 yard completions each of the last 2 games.  I have faith Dorsey won't wear him down by having him assume the RB role like Daboll did last season when he matched his career high in receptions despite not being used for quite awhile, and being banned for a game by the NFL., otrherwise he'd easily have eclipsed his career high in receptions.  I get he is not the "sexy" type of WR you're craving, but he can at least maybe replace the bell cow back youre back to demanding? :)

  • Like 1

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, whorlnut said:

Maybe so, but it would be a different look I’m sure. Allen wouldn’t have to ditch the pocket as much, the run game would be more consistent, we might actually have a screen game, and knox wouldn’t need to be used as another lineman all the time. 

Agreed Whor and this is a very good post. You are coming along nicely. I just don't think they would score more points but yes, the offense could look different.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

 

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

 

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

How did that work out for them in bowl when Rams dense shut them down?

shUt tHeM dOwN 

really? Cincy had the ball for the game winning drive. With an offense headed by a 2nd year qb and rookie WR1.

Most of us would give our left nut to have the Bills in the same situation. And so far they haven’t…not even close.

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

 

He left because he did not get action.  He's a player that does not want to be paid to do nothing.  He hasn't forgotten how to get open, and I'm hoping they aren't repeating the beginning of last season.  I think they can make good use of him on 3rd down conversions, or things like the wide open 9 yard completions each of the last 2 games.  I have faith Dorsey won't wear him down by having him assume the RB role like Daboll did last season when he matched his career high in receptions despite not being used for quite awhile, and being banned for a game by the NFL., otrherwise he'd easily have eclipsed his career high in receptions.  I get he is not the "sexy" type of WR you're craving, but he can at least maybe replace the bell cow back youre back to demanding? :)

Agree…Beasley is ELITE at getting open and I’m sure he can still do that. We didn’t call it “third and Beasley” for nothing…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Josh Allen covers up all the inadequacies of the offense so all the casuals in the national media and @daryls61will believe the offense is fine….

but I can see it now….draft night….talking heads before the Bills pick…

I don’t know Jim….we all saw what #1 wide receivers did to this defense last year and we all saw it on that MNF game in Cincy…they need help back there Jim…I think Kelee Ringo of Georgia will step right in and contribute 

 

fUcK yOu sEaN yOu DOnT kNow wHat tHe FuCk yOure taLkInG aBouT 

 

and too bad I’ve predicted this shit correctly the last 4 drafts….

Yet, #2 offense and 12-3with 2 losses directly on the QB for red zone INT's. They are 3 plays away from being undefeated but sure, keep believing the media who makes up things to talk about that are not true so they can get viewers and the weak minded like yourself to spread their fake news. 

We all know you want the Bills to lose.

  • Agree 1

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

 

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

 

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

Agreed Whor and this is a very good post. You are coming along nicely. I just don't think they would score more points but yes, the offense could look different.

Haha…let’s just be civil. No need to say things like “coming along nicely”. I can have a conversation on this board as long as there arent any sarcastic remarks. Let’s keep it that way:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

shUt tHeM dOwN 

really? Cincy had the ball for the game winning drive. With an offense headed by a 2nd year qb and rookie WR1.

Most of us would give our left nut to have the Bills in the same situation. And so far they haven’t…not even close.

And yet, shut down by defense. That really has to burn you doesnt it?  Defense won the super bowl totally dismantling your stance on how the NFL works. Don't forget Bucks defense shut down your chiefs as well. Does it hurt being wrong so much? 

  • Laugh 1

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

 

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

 

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, daryls61 said:

Yet, #2 offense and 12-3with 2 losses directly on the QB for red zone INT's. They are 3 plays away from being undefeated but sure, keep believing the media who makes up things to talk about that are not true so they can get viewers and the weak minded like yourself to spread their fake news. 

We all know you want the Bills to lose.

Allen had some bad picks, but like I said, Davis had some bad drops that could have led to wins in two of those games. If you are being fair, then you need to acknowledge that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Haha…let’s just be civil. No need to say things like “coming along nicely”. I can have a conversation on this board as long as there arent any sarcastic remarks. Let’s keep it that way:)

Agreed, I was teasing and yes, this is how I like the board to work. 

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

 

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

 

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Haha…let’s just be civil. No need to say things like “coming along nicely”. I can have a conversation on this board as long as there arent any sarcastic remarks. Let’s keep it that way:)

Exactly…I skip over what he says because it’s riddled with shit like that…and shit like yOu hAtE tHe BiLLs and wHoRE and other feeble insults. Dude takes criticisms of a football team too personally 😂

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

I meant I had not seen the line get better than Bungals +2. Currently Bungals +1 at Draft Kings. Tonight I have FSU +10.

So how many points would you require the Bills getting to actually wager on them for a change?  The 5 in your score prediction?

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

And yet, shut down by defense. That really has to burn you doesnt it?  Defense won the super bowl totally dismantling your stance on how the NFL works. Don't forget Bucks defense shut down your chiefs as well. Does it hurt being wrong so much? 

And for the one millionth time…if the Bills defense can do this..in a playoff game OR *gasp* in the super bowl I’ll be all about it…I’ll give McD his due…I’ll never ever question his decision making ever again….and for the millionth time they SHOULD be able to do that with all the fucking resources spent on defense….BUT UNTIL THEY DO IT ILL FUCKING CALL THEM OUT FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO DO IT!!!!

  • Like 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...