Bye or Chargers likely for Playoffs

mixum

Way it’s shaping is Chargers in the first round if we don’t get a bye. I don’t see that being a great matchup. If Bills beat Bengals I think they get the bye. Lose and it’s the Chargers. Also root for ravens to lose out. Should they lose out we would get them in round 1 assuming Chargers don’t lose again. KC would have bye and Bengals would get AFC wild card. Bills in Cincy is gonna be tough. Likely a loss. We just don’t have the secondary for those guys.

"Buffalo is hard to play but not hard to beat"

3 hours ago, mixum said:

Way it’s shaping is Chargers in the first round if we don’t get a bye. I don’t see that being a great matchup. If Bills beat Bengals I think they get the bye. Lose and it’s the Chargers. Also root for ravens to lose out. Should they lose out we would get them in round 1 assuming Chargers don’t lose again. KC would have bye and Bengals would get AFC wild card. Bills in Cincy is gonna be tough. Likely a loss. We just don’t have the secondary for those guys.

If you don’t think we can beat Cincinnati now (making them the two seed and us the three) what will change in round two of the playoff, when we face them again at there place?  

• Like 1

Chargers dont scare me, Cincy doesn't scare me either, even if they beat us Monday night, I don't see them as a team that will beat us twice, so even if we have to go back to Cincy come playoff time, I wouldn't be worried about it.....KC is still the team to me, they haven't looked good lately but it's still KC and if we have to play them, I'd much rather do it in Buffalo

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, JS12 said:

It’s ok Mixy boy, keep picking against us. We like it that way.

Unlike you and I who at least at times wager on the Bills, I wonder if this guy has ever even made a single tiny wager on his continually wrong fearmongering claims?  I mean if he did it regularly he might lose enough to feed a small nation.

I mean this non-shoutbox guy is to posting almost identical to what the non-posting JT is to the shoutbox.........  .....  SMH  (do we still have an emoji for shaking ones head?  I think it had crossed arms, IIRC). 

Anyhow, as I wrote earlier, I find the small spread(Bengals now down to 1 point home dogs) to be a blessing.  If the Bills are feeling heat from the NFL to abide by the 1 score rule more often, they can win by any margin  and push at worse.  Save the rule breaking for next week, against a team the NFL would have no desire to use that term in connection with, and pile the score on BB again, sending him into retirement.  

For anyone who cares, I posted a point differential chart at the end of the Cole Beasley thread.  Bills have almost double the point different to Bengals(something like 157 to 85).

And if people look at the seed prediction simulations, with the Bengals at 3rd considering they have the head to head with the Chiefs, what does that tell you the simulations say about this game, folks?

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

1 hour ago, JS12 said:

It’s ok Mixy boy, keep picking against us. We like it that way.

PS, maybe closer to next weekend I wouldn't mind seeing if you find good value in any of the other games.   Or heck...whomever is playing tonight.  Feels weird there still being a game left, to make it 3 out of the last 4 days with games.

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

2 hours ago, Herodotus said:

I want the Bills to win against the Bungles and then sweep the Pats.  Lock up home field and nobody is gonna beat us in Rich Stadium in January

Me too man. We all do. 

But speaking of possible matchups I think the Chargers wouldn't do well vs us. I think we'd beat them somewhat easily. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

3 hours ago, StraightJ said:

Unlike you and I who at least at times wager on the Bills, I wonder if this guy has ever even made a single tiny wager on his continually wrong fearmongering claims?  I mean if he did it regularly he might lose enough to feed a small nation.

I mean this non-shoutbox guy is to posting almost identical to what the non-posting JT is to the shoutbox.........  .....  SMH  (do we still have an emoji for shaking ones head?  I think it had crossed arms, IIRC). 

Anyhow, as I wrote earlier, I find the small spread(Bengals now down to 1 point home dogs) to be a blessing.  If the Bills are feeling heat from the NFL to abide by the 1 score rule more often, they can win by any margin  and push at worse.  Save the rule breaking for next week, against a team the NFL would have no desire to use that term in connection with, and pile the score on BB again, sending him into retirement.  

For anyone who cares, I posted a point differential chart at the end of the Cole Beasley thread.  Bills have almost double the point different to Bengals(something like 157 to 85).

And if people look at the seed prediction simulations, with the Bengals at 3rd considering they have the head to head with the Chiefs, what does that tell you the simulations say about this game, folks?

As far as Mixy, I don’t think he’s ever placed a wager in his life. He’s probably a Bills fan, but he’s traumatized by their past failures so much that he can’t see that this team is different. He also strikes me as one of these guys who just finds things to worry about, no matter what it is in life.

As for the game… From a gambling perspective I think the Bills are a great bet here. I went to the gym today, everyone likes the Bengals, I went to the grocery store, everyone likes the Bengals, I went to get an oil change, everyone likes the Bengals, I turned on NFL Network, everyone likes the Bengals. All of that is music to my ears. I will gladly take the team that Vegas has favored on the road (and for good reason). You know just as well as I do that Vegas doesn’t give away cash. I have a feeling the Bills bring their “A” game in this one.

I didn’t see anything else that really stood out to me this week, but if I decide to jump on anything I’ll let you know for sure. I am usually very selective with my bets. I hammer the ones I love. I’m not an action junkie. I’d rather pound one or two a week. It’s made me some good cash over the years. In my younger days I’d bet 10 games. Then I got smart.

50 minutes ago, JS12 said:

As far as Mixy, I don’t think he’s ever placed a wager in his life. He’s probably a Bills fan, but he’s traumatized by their past failures so much that he can’t see that this team is different. He also strikes me as one of these guys who just finds things to worry about, no matter what it is in life.

As for the game… From a gambling perspective I think the Bills are a great bet here. I went to the gym today, everyone likes the Bengals, I went to the grocery store, everyone likes the Bengals, I went to get an oil change, everyone likes the Bengals, I turned on NFL Network, everyone likes the Bengals. All of that is music to my ears. I will gladly take the team that Vegas has favored on the road (and for good reason). You know just as well as I do that Vegas doesn’t give away cash. I have a feeling the Bills bring their “A” game in this one.

I didn’t see anything else that really stood out to me this week, but if I decide to jump on anything I’ll let you know for sure. I am usually very selective with my bets. I hammer the ones I love. I’m not an action junkie. I’d rather pound one or two a week. It’s made me some good cash over the years. In my younger days I’d bet 10 games. Then I got smart.

You're a very generous person.  Even Sean says nice things occasionally, and he is the gold standard for this shtick.  Account name and age means nothing to me, accounts are compressible even by amateurs.  Really not worth our time, I wish folks would stop feeding the concern trolls.

I appreciate your input.  What I've seen from you has been perfect so far.  I agree with everything, though I remind myself they have to let one of these through now and then to keep the appearance of integrity.  Wise on the smaller number of quality plays. 

It would be great to wager with some of these types, but the odds of them paying up?  lol   I appreciate you boots on the ground report.  It's interesting so many are on the Bengals.  I kind of get it, but kind of don't.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Toofast80 said:

The Chargers aren’t going to beat the Bills! Aside from a complete anomaly or miracle!,

You must have seen part of them struggling for so long to pull away from the Colts(who did not convert a 3rd down the entire game, IIRC!!)?  :)  I say this with sincerity, if people had to bet a small portion of their money each week to learn objectivity, there would be far less hot takes on here(from honest folks, at least).

On 12/26/2022 at 11:43 AM, seandelevan said:

The Chargers? Lol

ill take that match up all day any day….

Team from LA…going cross country….in January? at our house? With a shit defense? With an inexperienced HC and QB?

Yeah the Chargers don’t scare me at all…..

Cincy though?

Homers on here BETTER HOPE and PRAY we win that game. If Cincy’s receivers go off on us…..man oh man lol…man oh man….I’m going off. 

Why?  Stop the Leftist/Marxist attacks on this regime; you Leftists/Marxists point out one short coming and forget to mention the rest.  This is how Hitler came to power and how Joe Biden became president.  Sad.  Now for football:

1)  The Buffalo Bills can beat you throwing the ball.

2)  The Buffalo Bills can beat you running the ball.

3)  The Buffalo Bills can beat you with defense.

4)  The Buffalo Bills can blow you out.

5)  The Buffalo Bills can beat you when their elite QB stinks up the joint.

6)  The Buffalo Bills can beat you with five starters out on defense.  Three of which were all pros.

7)  The Buffalo Bills can beat you by running their QB and put your defensive backs in traction.  Guess who won't be intercepting the next pass.

8)  The Buffalo Bills can beat you with a field goal as time runs out.

9)  The new Stadium will have a Sean McDermott Concourse.  Book it. 

On 12/26/2022 at 11:43 AM, seandelevan said:

The Chargers? Lol

ill take that match up all day any day….

Team from LA…going cross country….in January? at our house? With a shit defense? With an inexperienced HC and QB?

Yeah the Chargers don’t scare me at all…..

Cincy though?

Homers on here BETTER HOPE and PRAY we win that game. If Cincy’s receivers go off on us…..man oh man lol…man oh man….I’m going off. 

Chargers are no threat here in January.  Gotta beat the Bengal's and then the PATS!