Jump to content

The One Thing I Do NOT Miss!


HipKat
 Share

Recommended Posts

How can you not miss those big snow storms? I used to love those. Days off from school. Days off from work. So long as you didn't have to drive in them, they were awesome. And really nobody should be driving in one. I'm actually surprised seeing all those semi's out on the road, I thought they had a travel ban. The thing I hated about winter in Buffalo, wasn't the snow, or even the cold (you can always add layers). The thing I really hated was not seeing the sun for long stretches of time. "SAD".

The first time I moved to CO I was shocked seeing the sun shining in the winter. It's a whole different reality. And being a 'Mile High' the sun is 25% more intense than at sea level. So even when the temp says it's freezing, or close to it, if you're in the sun it's not too bad at all.

  • Like 1
do-you-think-this-republican-would-change-parties-today-full.jpg[/img]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, micknaboz said:

How can you not miss those big snow storms? I used to love those. Days off from school. Days off from work. So long as you didn't have to drive in them, they were awesome. And really nobody should be driving in one. I'm actually surprised seeing all those semi's out on the road, I thought they had a travel ban. The thing I hated about winter in Buffalo, wasn't the snow, or even the cold (you can always add layers). The thing I really hated was not seeing the sun for long stretches of time. "SAD".

The first time I moved to CO I was shocked seeing the sun shining in the winter. It's a whole different reality. And being a 'Mile High' the sun is 25% more intense than at sea level. So even when the temp says it's freezing, or close to it, if you're in the sun it's not too bad at all.

I am east of Buffalo and we saw a dusting. Not seeing the sun for 3 -4 months really sucks. We make the most of it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, micknaboz said:

How can you not miss those big snow storms? I used to love those. Days off from school. Days off from work. So long as you didn't have to drive in them, they were awesome. And really nobody should be driving in one. I'm actually surprised seeing all those semi's out on the road, I thought they had a travel ban. The thing I hated about winter in Buffalo, wasn't the snow, or even the cold (you can always add layers). The thing I really hated was not seeing the sun for long stretches of time. "SAD".

The first time I moved to CO I was shocked seeing the sun shining in the winter. It's a whole different reality. And being a 'Mile High' the sun is 25% more intense than at sea level. So even when the temp says it's freezing, or close to it, if you're in the sun it's not too bad at all.

Dude, being a kid is different. I loved those days off, too. 2 weeks for the Blizzard of '77! Being stuck at The Careless Navigator at Eastern Hills mall for the first 2 days, btw. Building snow forts in the mountains of plowed snow or just watching the limited visibility out the window. But I didn't drive or have to get anywhere. I didn't work, or lose time to the weather and at my age, I'm just done with Winter as it is, even here where it's nothing like Buffalo. 

I have NO idea why those semis are out there. When I was a truck driver, I used to say, most people think Truck Drivers are stupid because most of them are. So that could explain it.

Sunny days here are the same way. I can work in 20 degrees in the sun without a Carhardt Coat, which haven't worn in years, actually and the 10" of cumulative snow all season is just fine

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'Buffalo girls are just built differently.'

True Story!!! I seen it every winter on Chippewa

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2022 at 11:59 AM, HipKat said:

Dude, being a kid is different. I loved those days off, too. 2 weeks for the Blizzard of '77! Being stuck at The Careless Navigator at Eastern Hills mall for the first 2 days, btw. Building snow forts in the mountains of plowed snow or just watching the limited visibility out the window. But I didn't drive or have to get anywhere. I didn't work, or lose time to the weather and at my age, I'm just done with Winter as it is, even here where it's nothing like Buffalo. 

I have NO idea why those semis are out there. When I was a truck driver, I used to say, most people think Truck Drivers are stupid because most of them are. So that could explain it.

Sunny days here are the same way. I can work in 20 degrees in the sun without a Carhardt Coat, which haven't worn in years, actually and the 10" of cumulative snow all season is just fine

Careless Navigator!!! We dug snow tunnels in the 30' mounds of snow. How exciting it was too finally meet the guys digging from the other side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Very Wide Right said:

Careless Navigator!!! We dug snow tunnels in the 30' mounds of snow. How exciting it was too finally meet the guys digging from the other side.

Yeah right? The owner of the CN was my Mom's boyfriend, Joe Parente! Cool guy! Great restaurant

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...