Bills claim A.J. Klein off waivers

drpepper

This probably means Edmunds won't be playing this week and possibly thanksgiving either. The drop-off to the rookie Bernard has been very noticeable to say the least. 

• Like 2

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

18 minutes ago, Victor7 said:

This probably means Edmunds won't be playing this week and possibly thanksgiving either. The drop-off to the rookie Bernard has been very noticeable to say the least. 

Give the rookie some time since the difference Edmunds provides is NOT worth $15M+ per season.

• Downvote 1

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

4 hours ago, The Chosen said:

Maybe now some 3 LB sets on defense instead of covering 2 and nothing else? 

While this is only the 2nd thread of I've viewed in several days, this is likely my favorite(and IMO, most meaningful) post read in quite some time.   Maybe someone with a better memory can remind me how much time they spent in the NE snow game before finally adjusting?  So on that note, this move does not necessarily guarantee Edmunds will be inactive(which some on here cheer).  Unlike the mocking of HCSM above, Klein is likely to be assimilate more quickly than Hines to a system he is quite familiar with.  And for the knocks on the slew of young 6th round DBs, I seem to recall that even on some of the big lays they at least had tight coverage.

At least it can't be said that Beane is doing nothing, despite the lack of cap space.  With (over)half the projected starting D on the bench vs the emerging Vikings once Edmunds tweaked the groin, I think things actually look promising.  As The Chosen said, it's time to see how married to the base nickel Frazier nd McDermott are.  They've shown the ability blitz occasionally, and have gotten away from the notion of being as reliant on zone coverage as they once were.   

I got distracted when originally seeking to refresh my memory of how high the Bills run D had ranked in the past, when due to installing a new OS I decided to look into the only crashes/core dumps I've had so far to try to get into caring about having a better grasp of what goes on under the hood.  Suffice it to say, I seem to recall they were ranked rather high compared to the commonly held beliefs on here, including even where I was.  

I mean, they they do a major adjustment to the nickel when they held the almighty Derrick Henry to 25 yards on 13 rushes(1.92 ypc)?  Memory isn't always my strong suit, so I can't recall if that was the one where the Titans hung around a bit(ie not being a blowout right away where Henry couldnt run), racked up some scary injuries, before hitting hyper-drive late in the 2nd?).   If so, I can imagine the Shoutbox was in sky is falling mode much like I do recall for most of Ravens game(or most games, for that matter.   If DCLF can maybe make sure Josh Allen sees his singular masseuse or whatever it takes to get "The Switch" to stay on most of the game, and hitting hyperdrive hopefully early(but as noted, wasn't necessary with Titans), his job will be much easier.  

All of that said, I love the idea of having of the coaching staff having backup plans if after a certain point the primary ones aren't cutting it.  Some have speculated that they may have been saving wrinkles for the playoffs, and deemed the situation is bad enough now that nothing should be held back.  That's above my pay grade to decide.

Footnote:

1)I didn't think of it at the time, but that would be the beginning of The Curse of TPG the mighty @daryls61 pronounced upon those intolerant of justice and ethics on The Range?  If so, despite the final score vs a solid contender, unless the more important score is settled, Daryl may end up pointed to that as one of the defining moments of the season regardless of the eventual outcome.   I still am a proponent of the peace negotiations I attempted to initiate earlier.  In his presser, Von Miller mentioned not flipping out about this loss at this time to try to find favor and be deemed worthy by the football gods later on, but those actually responsible likely could help more on that particular front.  It seems like it has expanded well beyond just physical injuries.  Hell, is there is 1 semi-non-arrogant member capable of self reflection on here amongst the offenders, it would be a start and possibly enough to encourage daryls to initiate The Process.

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

8 hours ago, The Chosen said:

Maybe now some 3 LB sets on defense instead of covering 2 and nothing else? 

The only part of the D that is set is the Dl. All of the LBs (that aren’t rookies) are now dealing with lingering injuries (Milano, Edmunds), obviously the secondary is worse than I thought it would be (prior to the beginning of the season, IMO it was severely lacking even with 2 all pro safeties) with the injuries there.  Do the BIlls want to put 2 rookie LBs (possibly) with AJK?  All this talk about the O and how off it is, the D is also in shambles!! But, Bills to the SB 🤞🙏👍, I sure hope so......

19 hours ago, mixum said:

Have to think he starts assuming no Edmunds. But the again we have had Hines and Marlowe since Nov 1st and they have tallied 4-5 plays total. 

I fucking hate McDermott.

I see that quip was rather popular.  I had been considering posting a series of threads called "In their own words", although it would be about things that have an actual effect in peoples' lives, not the things that upset a handful of people on here to the extent they do you. 

I really enjoyed listening to Nyeim Hines here, and am very glad he is a Bill, despite some overlap in the description with Cook.  Whille I make no claims of being Lit(or even lit ATM), I highly recommend you and those spouting that type of ignorant vitriol have a listen to this short video before this group exposes their ignorance (also) in their own words.

The guy sounds likeable, and unlike those here whom I'm referring to, he actually sounds GRATEFUL.....not like a privileged Pats fan who thinks they are owed something....as if these guys were their property.  Seriously, do you fancy yourselves owners of other men, as well as having "superiority", being better at them at jobs there are maybe a single digit # of people out of 7,999.000,0000 Earth inhabitants who are possibly currently performing better than than them at?  Do you guys seriously listen to yourselves? 

At any rate, I am grateful for Nyheim Hines and that he's probably in his abbreviated version of The Process gotten learning Chinese behind him, and was prepared when called upon as next man up.  Like many good coaches, McDermott doesn't hand anyone anything, and players with the sense of entitlement that you guys display won't do well in a Bills uniform.  Hines is not one of those, and it is wrong to use his name in vain for your defamatory agenda.  It's obvious to actual fans he was not going to hit the ground running like you unexpectedly did immediately after appearing with an apparently well-prepared campaign of abject negativity, and unless I missed it, not an ounce of gratitude for this special team the GM and coaches have created.   As is clear, Hines is the opposite, and his attitude and willingness to work and help his team in any way he can is something actual Buffalo Bills fans will love about him.  Go Hines, Go Bills!! 

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

I thought Von might have ended a good number of crap narratives spouted on here lately, many with actual examples from his career such as losing 3 straight with last season's eventual world champions, but this one was a more narrow away of addressing one particular false narrative and I figured I'd get it out of the way before seeing if the propaganda and hot takes continue from those who apparently don't think they will not be challenged, and that once proven wrong will be forgotten or forgiven.  I decided to be kind and not let anyone mistakenly operate under those false assumptions.   This is supposed to be a fun pastime, and while I get the need to vent occasionally, that is far from what I am seeing with a select few usual suspects here who are ddoing their damnest to promote vision of a very dark nature.    I don't gaurantee anything other than those with that display a single-minded of such will be made to work a bit more to be taken seriously, rather than getting complimentary reacharounds from those who speak the same tongue.

Von Miller reninds me of Harbaugh, recognizing these losses at this point in the season being helpful for the team later in the season/postseason.  Some on here sound like the team is 3-6 rather than 6-3, or maybe like they have a real reason to gripe like Broncos fans who got the season they did after thinking they finally addressed their main issues.  As much as I dislike violence, this level of entitlement and supremacist attitude makes me wonder if some of you were beaten enough as kids.

Barring more extremely improbable series of events, the team has weathered the storm well and will likely be stronger(certainly gained tons of depth experience already) from it.  The cheap knock offs of @seandelevan's shtick(likely made in China, or it's shoe factory island, Formosa) will be the ones @daryls61 will be declaring are on suicide watch as they have nothing to gripe about, and Daryl may begin to appreciate that even Sean displays nuance compared to those coming for his crown.  Hell, Sean may not even appreciate the cheap rip-offs who do not take pride in the craft like he seems to, and make a declaration similar to the character Omar on television's "The Wire".  He strikes me as too humble though, so I wanted to let him know that some of us who disagree with him, still appreciate the years of effort put into developing the shtick that some think they can walk in off the street and overshadow without the years of dues he's paid.  I can imagine some of yu are literally secretly hoping for more curse-level happenings directed at the Bills to help you feel justified in your arrogance, but it seems to me your fortune is about to run dry and you'' either need to disappear or man up and due something relatively rare on here.

If Von is still DJing for the Bills, he might do well with a song that seems to reflect their mindset, Tom Petty's "I Won\t Back Down".  Henceforth,  using the Range as a personal potty to shit all over the Bills when the feeling arises will not be met merely with applause.  This is not PatsPulpit!!!  Relying on the necessity of curse-level fortune to somehow intensify even further is not a sustainable path for maintaining a shtick that can be taken seriously.  And honestly, I wouldn't want anyone with such desires  around a fan board.  It simply is not logical.    Sometimes I actually like the smell of burnt toast, maybe even gasoline. FWIW, now is not one of them.  Von Miller spoke truthfully....that game was FUN.  At least one Bills fan in the comments under the video could empathize with the Vikings' fans and rather than be miserable, provided an example any of us could choose....having empathy and sharing in the joy of another song-suffering fan base ginally getting a small bit of respect..   We're all human after all, and don't need a monopoloy on feeling good.  I'd rather they have it now than after a possible rematch.  SKOL!!!!!  :beer: