Head Scratcher

jamsim67

Leading 27-17, Bills have the ball inside the 10, 2nd and 2, with under 5 minutes to play. The Vikings have 1 time out left and what do the Bill's do? Well they throw the ball 3 times of course, with the 3rd resulting in an interception. In that situation, High School coaches know that if they run the ball twice, at the very least they can force the Vikings to use their last time out, shave important time off the clock, and at least come away with 3 important points. Well we saw what they did.

I gotta tell you McDermott, huge head-scratcher. Maybe that's why they were cool with promoting a first year offensive coordinator, at the end of the day it just doesn't matter.

This should never happen at any level, much less the nfl, unless of course it's supposed to. The nfl seems to be more interested in great ratings, BIG MONEY, and lying to their fans, than they are about winning. And what better way to get those great ratings than to have the majority of games come down to the wire or overtime. The game is tainted, from the commissioner, all the way down to Nick Wright. And everybody from the commissioner on down seems to be cool with that. I've seen other games where I felt this way, but today just cemented it. 

Just now, foster said:

And why dress 5 RB’s if you’re going to abandon the run up 17. 

My theory…

teams know we want to run it being up big….so they load up the box and boom it’s 2nd and 13. Then it’s pass, pass, punt. After two or three series like that handing the ball off is just a joke. They give up on it BECAUSE THEY CANT DO IT. AND THEY CANT DO IT BECAUSE THEY HAVE INVESTED JACK FUCKING SHIT INTO IT.  

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

5 minutes ago, foster said:

And why dress 5 RB’s if you’re going to abandon the run up 17. 

I'm convinced the nfl has a bunch of highly paid monkey's in a room watching the games on tv, and then phoning the booth letting the coaches know what they can, and cannot do.

2 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

And it’s easy to run the ball in the first half when teams are terrified of the pass and or Allen running it….

If they're loading the box, get the ball to the outside. Why play right into their hands?

6 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

If they're loading the box, get the ball to the outside. Why play right into their hands?

Motor ain’t fast enough to get to the outside…not sure why they ain’t using the others though…..

McDermott has a history….even going back to Carolina….of not trusting rookies or new guys.

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

3 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Motor ain’t fast enough to get to the outside…not sure why they ain’t using the others though…..

McDermott has a history….even going back to Carolina….of not trusting rookies or new guys.

This is about managing the game, which they didn't do. Duke, Gilliam can pound it. Cook, Hines, McKenzie, even Josh can run to the right or left. If they don't get it (which they should), kick the field goal, or force them to go 90 plus yards, with no time outs. They were throwing the ball, and stopping the clock. Two score game, the clock is your friend. To me, it looked like they weren't interested, or their hands were tied.

I wonder how many overtimes we've had since Goodell came aboard.

• Like 1

Well we have seen the team fail on 2nd and short after running 3 times for no gain, however, what I will kill him for is not calling for 1 Josh Allen sneak, keeper, sweep whatever.  he is 100% on those and 1 plays this year.   He is our running game, and should always get at least 1 shot in a crucial short yardage situation.

• Like 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

31 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

Well we have seen the team fail on 2nd and short after running 3 times for no gain, however, what I will kill him for is not calling for 1 Josh Allen sneak, keeper, sweep whatever.  he is 100% on those and 1 plays this year.   He is our running game, and should always get at least 1 shot in a crucial short yardage situation.

That's right. That whole sequence was awful. Going for it didn't bother me. It was the play calling. At least one of those 3 plays needed to be a run. Possibly even 2. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

17 hours ago, seandelevan said:

This is why McDermott needs to be let go….

after the game he’s bragging about being 6-3

He needs to at least get to the Super Bowl to save his job imo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Sean still thinks McDermott calls plays. 

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

16 hours ago, seandelevan said:

And it’s easy to run the ball in the first half when teams are terrified of the pass and or Allen running it….

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Like teams are not scared of that in the 2nd half. WRONG AGAIN!

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

16 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Neither did Marve Leavy.

Once it's 4th and 2, you have to be aggressive and the pick is no different than a drop or not making the line to gain.  I don't fault Allen for that pick as it's basically a try anything play if the original play is busted.

He did what he was told to do and what he was told to do was wrong.

17 hours ago, seandelevan said:

My theory…

teams know we want to run it being up big….so they load up the box and boom it’s 2nd and 13. Then it’s pass, pass, punt. After two or three series like that handing the ball off is just a joke. They give up on it BECAUSE THEY CANT DO IT. AND THEY CANT DO IT BECAUSE THEY HAVE INVESTED JACK FUCKING SHIT INTO IT.  

Beane also needs to be blamed. Five years here as the GM and the OL is still a POS. 

19 hours ago, seandelevan said:

This is why McDermott needs to be let go….

after the game he’s bragging about being 6-3

He needs to at least get to the Super Bowl to save his job imo

You said that about Trump and how many Ukrainian children are dead because you received your wish?  People who voted for Joe Biden do not deserve to have their opinions taken seriously. 

19 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Cheer up!!

image.thumb.png.f49637d479e983a210dbe8c2294da617.png