Time to look in the mirror MAGA's. Your hate, racism and extremism is not accepted in American society.

TonyasTaters

6 minutes ago, TonyasTaters said:

Do better and learn from this please!

I disagree with you.  The policies that both parties embrace and that we see in a lot of states, the de facto Jim Crow, redlining, gentrification, disproportionate incarceration rates for minorities compared to whites and the prison industrial complex as a whole, the racist foreign policy that mirrors EU foreign sec Josep Borrell's Garden speech, the cuts for public education, the fact that both parties heavily support policies that favor Wall Street, the oligarchs, the security establishment, and the oil tycoons strongly suggest that the hate, racism, misogyny, and extremism you rightly oppose is a far deeper problem than Trump, and that the MAGAsses are a symptom of a much more disturbing cancer that has been metastasizing in our body politic for decades.  The MAGAsses just say what the gentleman's racists in both parties actually are doing with a veneer of civility.  Still, I agree with you.  I hope the whole country tries to do better and learn from this.

4 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

I disagree with you.  The policies that both parties embrace and that we see in a lot of states, the de facto Jim Crow, redlining, gentrification, disproportionate incarceration rates for minorities compared to whites and the prison industrial complex as a whole, the racist foreign policy that mirrors EU foreign sec Josep Borrell's Garden speech, the cuts for public education, the fact that both parties heavily support policies that favor Wall Street, the oligarchs, the security establishment, and the oil tycoons strongly suggest that the hate, racism, misogyny, and extremism you rightly oppose is a far deeper problem than Trump, and that the MAGAsses are a symptom of a much more disturbing cancer that has been metastasizing in our body politic for decades.  The MAGAsses just say what the gentleman's racists in both parties actually are doing with a veneer of civility.  Still, I agree with you.  I hope the whole country tries to do better and learn from this.

I don't necessarily disagree with everything you said. ONLY one party has tried an insurrection in American history. Only one party said there were great people on both sides when one side was neo Nazis. Only one party cheered on the assault of a high level government officials spouse. Democrats aren't perfect and need to do better but the MAGA is plain dangerous to us all 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyasTaters said:

I don't necessarily disagree with everything you said. ONLY one party has tried an insurrection in American history. Only one party said there were great people on both sides when one side was neo Nazis. Only one party cheered on the assault of a high level government officials spouse. Democrats aren't perfect and need to do better but the MAGA is plain dangerous to us all 

One side was not neo Nazis. He was talking about the 2 sides that were protesting the removal of a historical statue. I agree the statue should not be taken down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angry Byrds said:

One side was not neo Nazis. He was talking about the 2 sides that were protesting the removal of a historical statue. I agree the statue should not be taken down.

Yes, one side was neo-Nazis.  They marched through the streets chanting "Jews will not replace us!"  

It does not matter that a statue was their rallying point.  It matters that this was the message they broadcast upon arrival.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ICRockets2 said:

Yes, one side was neo-Nazis.  They marched through the streets chanting "Jews will not replace us!"  

It does not matter that a statue was their rallying point.  It matters that this was the message they broadcast upon arrival.  

They weren’t the only ones protesting the tearing down of the statue. Historical statues should not be torn down. Trump wasn’t talking about the Nazis lol.

12 minutes ago, ICRockets2 said:

Do you know when, why, and by whom these statues were erected?  

I especially want to hear what you have to say about the why.  That's the most important.

You just can’t tear down every historical statue because half the country all of a sudden has a problem with it. Where do you stop? Do we tear down every statue of the 1st 15 presidents because they owned slaves? Also this has nothing to do with what Trump said.

7 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

You just can’t tear down every historical statue because half the country all of a sudden has a problem with it. Where do you stop? Do we tear down every statue of the 1st 15 presidents because they owned slaves? Also this has nothing to do with what Trump said.

You didn't answer my question.  

Why?  Were The Statues?  Built?  In The First Place?

If you don't know, it's okay to say so.  This particular detail of the history is not in everybody's memory.  I will tell you the answer, I don't mind at all.

5 hours ago, Angry Byrds said:

Jesus dude, don’t give him any more ideas

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

6 hours ago, Angry Byrds said:

They weren’t the only ones protesting the tearing down of the statue. Historical statues should not be torn down. Trump wasn’t talking about the Nazis lol.

Yes statues that represent racism, hate and treason should be removed. No reason to keep them up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyasTaters said:

Yes statues that represent racism, hate and treason should be removed. No reason to keep them up.

They don’t represent treason that’s why the weren’t imprisoned or put to death. The loyalty back then was to their state and to defend the state from the north. They were granted full pardons and many went on to be government officials or military leaders which doesn’t happen to traitors. So either you are taking down every statue of the 15 presidents before Lincoln or you are going to leave these statues alone.

Christmas amnesty, ever heard of it? 

3 hours ago, Angry Byrds said:

They don’t represent treason that’s why the weren’t imprisoned or put to death. The loyalty back then was to their state and to defend the state from the north. They were granted full pardons and many went on to be government officials or military leaders which doesn’t happen to traitors. So either you are taking down every statue of the 15 presidents before Lincoln or you are going to leave these statues alone.

Christmas amnesty, ever heard of it? 

We know they were pardoned.  That was bad.  It was bad that they were given pardons and allowed to serve, and that is a core criticism of historians for why Reconstruction failed.  

19 minutes ago, ICRockets2 said:

We know they were pardoned.  That was bad.  It was bad that they were given pardons and allowed to serve, and that is a core criticism of historians for why Reconstruction failed.  

It seems like a lot of people here don’t know that.

19 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

It seems like a lot of people here don’t know that.

I agree, just like it seems you're not familiar with why the statues were built in the first place.  

Or do you think monuments erected for the purpose of intimidating black people, cowing them into submission, reminding them to "know their place" so to speak ought to remain standing past the point where this became a noble social aim in anybody's eyes?

https://www.wral.com/confederate-monuments-were-meant-to-intimidate-blacks-historians-say/19158196/