Jump to content

If your heart bleeds for Ukraine, can you spare a few tears...


shiva2999
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, ICRockets2 said:

LMAO 

It is funny, isn't it?

20 years of utter futility.

Why not try a bribe? I can be bought.

"The Zarqawi PSYOP program is the most successful information campaign to date." ~ Gen. Mark (Killer) Kimmitt

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/archivos_pdf/911_newpearlharbor.pdf

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/project.jsp?project=911_project

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2022 at 12:51 PM, jc856 said:

If only he could have given his Oscar to Josh before last weeks game.

only giving someone the Holy Grail could be more inspirational!
 

Putin is fucked now.

too bad Dr. Zhivago lost best picture to The Sound Of Music, or Putin could get an Oscar or two.

The history of Dr. Zhivago is fascinating.  Actually it was, to the give the devil his due, a very successful CIA psyop.  Now Pasternak's work is a masterpiece.  David Lean's film treatment of it is without doubt a cinematic achievement, but yeah it was very much a success because of the CIA.  Here, don't take my "stupid" "Putin ball licker (cLit get some new material fucktard)," "right wing news," "russian website" opinion.  Here's what the CIA said about it

Doctor Zhivago | CIA FOIA (foia.cia.gov)

Here's an article from the New York Review

The CIA’s ‘Zhivago’ | Michael Scammell | The New York Review of Books (nybooks.com)

By the way, as much as I love Lean's treatment of it, if you want to get another telling of Pasternak's classic, not too many years ago Russia 1 TV (Russia 1, much like the BBC does with British literature, has produced many series that are beautifully done and are faithful to the source material) did a 10 hour television adaptation of Zhivago.  You used to be able to find it on Amazon before cancel culture tried to cancel an entire country, but here if you're interested.  I was fortunate enough to buy the series on DVD in the early 10s. Still if you can find an English subtitle program for it, its soooo worth the watch:

Доктор Живаго (2005) | 1 Серия - YouTube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

The history of Dr. Zhivago is fascinating.  Actually it was, to the give the devil his due, a very successful CIA psyop.  Now Pasternak's work is a masterpiece.  David Lean's film treatment of it is without doubt a cinematic achievement, but yeah it was very much a success because of the CIA.  Here, don't take my "stupid" "Putin ball licker (cLit get some new material fucktard)," "right wing news," "russian website" opinion.  Here's what the CIA said about it

Doctor Zhivago | CIA FOIA (foia.cia.gov)

Here's an article from the New York Review

The CIA’s ‘Zhivago’ | Michael Scammell | The New York Review of Books (nybooks.com)

By the way, as much as I love Lean's treatment of it, if you want to get another telling of Pasternak's classic, not too many years ago Russia 1 TV (Russia 1, much like the BBC does with British literature, has produced many series that are beautifully done and are faithful to the source material) did a 10 hour television adaptation of Zhivago.  You used to be able to find it on Amazon before cancel culture tried to cancel an entire country, but here if you're interested.  I was fortunate enough to buy the series on DVD in the early 10s. Still if you can find an English subtitle program for it, its soooo worth the watch:

Доктор Живаго (2005) | 1 Серия - YouTube

Wow. This quote is so true.

 

“No single man makes history. History cannot be seen, just as one cannot see grass growing. Wars and revolutions, kings and Robespierres, are history's organic agents, its yeast. But revolutions are made by fanatical men of action with one-track mind, geniuses in their ability to confine themselves to a limited field. They overturn the old order in a few hours or days, the whole upheaval takes a few weeks or at most years, but the fanatical spirit that inspired the upheavals is worshiped for decades thereafter, for centuries. ”

- Boris Leonidovich Pasternak

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, jc856 said:

Wow. This quote is so true.

 

“No single man makes history. History cannot be seen, just as one cannot see grass growing. Wars and revolutions, kings and Robespierres, are history's organic agents, its yeast. But revolutions are made by fanatical men of action with one-track mind, geniuses in their ability to confine themselves to a limited field. They overturn the old order in a few hours or days, the whole upheaval takes a few weeks or at most years, but the fanatical spirit that inspired the upheavals is worshiped for decades thereafter, for centuries. ”

- Boris Leonidovich Pasternak

 

Uh oh, what you doing reading Russsian literature, that's been thought crime since February.  You need to read some Ukrainian literature by people like Gogol. . . . No wait, Gogol saw himself as Russian, so ummm uh well you know. . . .  :D

The Cancellation of Russian Culture | Gary Saul Morson | First Things

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, shiva2999 said:

It is funny, isn't it?

20 years of utter futility.

Why not try a bribe? I can be bought.

ICR -- Do you have access to a ready supply of Russian Whore Piss (R.W.P.)?

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...