“Bills seem deflated in postgame conference”

mixum

This whole beating “Aaron Rogers” garbage…. So have Jets, Giants, Commanders. It’s not that big of a deal. Half their defense is out and they had 3 healthy WRs. Gimme a break. Bills should have won by 30.

• Like 2

"Buffalo is hard to play but not hard to beat"

46 minutes ago, mixum said:

This was the vibe from the beat writers. Did anyone else notice that? This has an ominous feeling. 

Dude just in case you need it, you can call 988.

https://www.wivb.com/news/new-york/988-new-statewide-suicide-mental-health-hotline/

Also, I thought we won last night, we played sloppy, showed a lot of room for improvement is there, and it showed in the presser.

Still, if you need it you can call 988

Probably not happy with the way they played the second half. I like the fact that the players weren't happy despite winning by 10. What is really encouraging here is despite not bringing their "A" game they had a 3 score lead for most of the night. GB got a meaningless TD late to make the score look respectable, but they were never winning the game.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dmoney said:

Its really funny.....5-6 years ago we were praying for a win any way possible....Now, we only win by 10, play sloppy in the 2nd half, and people bitch....Unbelievable 

I still pray throughout both the week as well as thru the game... I slowed up a bit after we hit 24... some here don't believe in the power of prayer... they will when I stop praying and the Bills lose.

23 minutes ago, The Chosen said:

They played sloppy in the second half because Allen, Diggs, and Davis let the Green Bay db's get in their heads. Allen was forcing a ton of throws trying to show them up. Both sides were talking all game. It got personal, they stopped playing team ball. I wouldn't doubt if Allen was checking out of run plays, so I don't necessarily blame the lack of running, after being so successful in the first half, on Dorsey. Allen, Diggs, and Davis let their egos affect the team in the second half. Playing bad is one thing, but playing bad because the other team is in your head is not going to get this team very far. And that is the reason for the somber locker room. 

Yup. That's how it looked to me too. They were trying to run up the score and show up their dbs. Why ? The score board is all you need baby. Play smart. 

• Like 2

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

2 hours ago, dmoney said:

Its really funny.....5-6 years ago we were praying for a win any way possible....Now, we only win by 10, play sloppy in the 2nd half, and people bitch....Unbelievable 

Raise your standards. 

Keep playing sloppy halves of football you’ll find yourself in Arrowhead for the playoffs real quick.

• Like 2

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

8 hours ago, Icebowl said:

You guys were the better team last year then KC.

I tip my hat to your humble and kind display for coming here fresh off a loss and reminding folks they don't have to be either down or hateful all the time, and instead can focus on how blessed we are to have a team so talented and well coached that a HOF QB who(before the Cheats' final rings) was in numerous GOAT discussion, to the amused bewilderment/amusement of Von Miller, almost completely gave up passing(and in reality, hope of winning) to pick up garbage time rushing yards as the clock ran out. 

One who perceives that reality and chooses to refocus the narrative there, as well as to wondering how our GB fan counterparts might be feeling as they try to fathom that reality, can truly appreciate just how special a team is when their worst performance is still domination of an all time legend.  The forced humility of a proud player(whom I truly appreciate and like) is extremely significant, and as such reminds me of @212frawk's picking up on the importance of legendary Bill Belichick feeling forced to acquiesce on 4th and 1 and punt in The Perfect Game.    Much appreciation for reminding me that this game and thread can serve as microcosms of life, as reminders of where we choose to focus. 

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

22 minutes ago, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

Green bay seemed to be playing for their jobs in the second half mostly on D.

Great reminder of the wounded/dysfunctional, yet in some ways still powerful, animal that was fighting for their lives and focused knowing they had a national audience focused on them.  No matter how professional and focused in robotic form some on here expect the Bills to be and ignore the sh*t that apparently began in the tunnel,  whether or not that level of stoicism and detachment are possible in young guys in this culture, it would seem unlikely a team in the Bills position could artificially manufacture on demand the equivalent state/focus of a unit fighting for survival

I'm going to make a rare case of suggesting reconsideration with you though, with your last 3 words.  Their O was trying,  but it might be seen as similar in nature to an animal that sheds a body part(mostly aquatic?)(or some that defecate like daryls/spiked often describe themselves doing) in an act of desperation to give a chance to escape from a predator.

Back to focus, some have pointed to young Gabriel Davis not being able to withhold the natural desire of retaliation toward whatever inspired him to push the defender.  I offer instead the dedication of the teammates(whom the vocal in the shoutbox during the game did not even notice due to their focus, thankfully the less vocal responded that I wasn't imagining it! lol) holding Diggs back after he was suplexed WWF/WWE-style(also unnoticed/unmentioned by the vocal ragers).

Plenty of times other teams(or this one, as shown in training camp!) have shown human nature and the desire for conflict when they feel justified.  Those same teammates could have very easily in a split second decided to join Diggs in retaliation(or at least cheer him on), so I see that as a shining example of both the character traits sought in the selection process, and the training that is instilled by Bills staff.

Now an entirely different/additional focus could be why NBC chose not to show the act of violence{actually cut the replay right as it began!!] against Diggs nor mention it, and whether the NFL at least fines the defensive back who did it, if not more.  I've only read a few threads since the game, so I'm unsure what the thoughts on that were., and if I'm in the minority(or alone?) in finding that interesting.  Can you imagine it going like that with Kelce or Hill being suplexed/body slammed?  Thanks again to the observant members in the Shoutbox for replying and affirming it indeed happened.  Who knows what else happened during that game happened that was not caught on camera.  Diggs said it was the most talking he experienced during a game, ever.   So neal, I guess on that point I can agree GB's defense was adding an extra element of intensity their offense was not.

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

I'm glad they're mad, hopefully they go blow out the Jets....it won't be easy because this game for the Jets is their biggest game of the year and they'll show up....still though, glad they won and the way they won means they know they can't afford to play the way they did in the second half and won games