The conundrum: If Hipkat we’re to return as Mod wouldn’t he have to ban himself and his racist buddies? I am sure making multiple racist statements is far worse than a couple extra threads.

TonyasTaters

It's a little perplexing that in a forum where anything goes and one is free to speak their mind, a moderator has his privileges taken away for speaking his mind.  One also has to wonder why Lit would bend the knee to a gaggle of cackling troll ninnies calling for Hip's head when they've written far more racist, vulgar tripe than he ever wrote. Is Lit trying to play chess...or checkers?

I don't agree with many of Hips political views, but I respect his right to speak them.  I feel he was unjustly removed as moderator and support his reinstatement. Lit was wrong about Josh Allen and he is wrong about removing Hip as moderator.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Angry Byrds said:

I don’t think anyone here would have a problem meeting up with you at a bills bar or something. I’m down. I even offered to talk it out with icrockets on the phone man to ?. 

Anyway I would love to see what kind of Alpha Male you really are lol

Any time.

The only stipulation is you have to come here for us to get together. What with everything I've written over the last 20 years I can't chance crossing the border.

If you live in Buffalo, you should cross the Peace Bridge and come to Elvis' place in Stony Creek some Sunday for a Bills game and I'll come down from Oakville.

Elvis loves to host...

"The Zarqawi PSYOP program is the most successful information campaign to date." ~ Gen. Mark (Killer) Kimmitt

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/archivos_pdf/911_newpearlharbor.pdf

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/project.jsp?project=911_project

12 minutes ago, Crinoline said:

It's a little perplexing that in a forum where anything goes and one is free to speak their mind, a moderator has his privileges taken away for speaking his mind.  One also has to wonder why Lit would bend the knee to a gaggle of cackling troll ninnies calling for Hip's head when they've written far more racist, vulgar tripe than he ever wrote. Is Lit trying to play chess...or checkers?

I don't agree with many of Hips political views, but I respect his right to speak them.  I feel he was unjustly removed as moderator and support his reinstatement. Lit was wrong about Josh Allen and he is wrong about removing Hip as moderator.

So you are ok with Hipkat using the N word and calling a black woman a monkey?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TonyasTaters said:

So you are ok with Hipkat using the N word and calling a black woman a monkey?

I’m sorry, did I answer your freedom is speech question? You never replied to my answer. Yet here you questioning someone else’s. Convenient, I asked you yesterday why you don’t have any Spiked call out threads when he’s one of the biggest bigots here. You didn’t answer that. It’s ok though icrockets didn’t answer either 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crinoline said:

@LiterateStylish

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

42 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

I’m sorry, did I answer your freedom is speech question? You never replied to my answer. Yet here you questioning someone else’s. Convenient, I asked you yesterday why you don’t have any Spiked call out threads when he’s one of the biggest bigots here. You didn’t answer that. It’s ok though icrockets didn’t answer either 

I have called out spike. I don’t remember him calling someone the n word or a female a monkey. The states the racists on here have stayed apparently have been shared and the vast majority are angered by their racist comments. Perhaps you can point to where Spike has done what I have stayed above or worse. 

13 hours ago, HipKat said:

Of course, you never had any kids so EVERYTHING you say is contrived and lacks any real substance. 

OK I smoked a bowl and I thought about you and this and I found the words to describe why this just doesn't sit right with me as an argument.  

If you're going to say "you can't understand my life experience so you don't get to convince me I could be a better parent" then fine, that is a stance.  But what's good for the goose is good for the gander, so I can argue from lived experience too and mine is very straightforwardly this:

I am queer, and my life would have been better if I knew that when I was a kid.

That is the absolute 100% truth, and if I have to simply accept that I don't get to have a say in how kids are raised then you have to accept that what I am saying is true and that your approach to parenting makes lives worse.

I don't know how we can reconcile those two positions.  Do you?  I think I would rather we state positions such as

"My life would have been better if I knew about asexuality when I was a kid"

and

"I am uncomfortable including the opinions of non-parents into this discussion about raising kids"

From there we can approach some sort of common ground.  We ask ourselves and each other questions about education.  For example, one I think is asked about practically everything that gets taught: what is the best way to introduce this topic in a way and at an age that gives you what you need to know before your life would get worse if you don't?

I think as we approach that common ground your discomfort will be salved.  I genuinely want what is best for kids and I believe you do too.  I think there is a way to do this that helps queer kids without harming straight and cis kids, and I think you'd be proud of yourself if you helped think of it.  I know I would be.  Why not give it a shot?

9 hours ago, TonyasTaters said:

I have called out spike. I don’t remember him calling someone the n word or a female a monkey. The states the racists on here have stayed apparently have been shared and the vast majority are angered by their racist comments. Perhaps you can point to where Spike has done what I have stayed above or worse. 

Of course I didn't.

They try to pretend I am a racist since I have mentioned the fact that Kim Pegula is a Korean orphan, went to a Christian college where she may have graduated with a communications diploma and is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay under qualified to be both the President of the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres.

My point was that she does not have any cultural football in her family history to fallback on (for example, her father and brothers were very experienced in NFL football).

Does Kim's stint as a cheerleader count?

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

44 minutes ago, SpikedLemonade said:

Of course I didn't.

They try to pretend I am a racist since I have mentioned the fact that Kim Pegula is a Korean orphan, went to a Christian college where she may have graduated with a communications diploma and is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay under qualified to be both the President of the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres.

My point was that she does not have any cultural football in her family history to fallback on (for example, her father and brothers were very experienced in NFL football).

Does Kim's stint as a cheerleader count?

Ok but like...who gives a shit?  That just means she'd be bad at Beane's job.  It doesn't mean she can't come to football from a different background and help run a company with efficient flow of communication and information.  The Bills are the premier front office in the league at this point.  I don't care if she isn't culturally football enough for you.  Scoreboard, y'know?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ICRockets2 said:

Ok but like...who gives a shit?  That just means she'd be bad at Beane's job.  It doesn't mean she can't come to football from a different background and help run a company with efficient flow of communication and information.  The Bills are the premier front office in the league at this point.  I don't care if she isn't culturally football enough for you.  Scoreboard, y'know?

Thank you for showing the restraint of waiting to make that comment until the Bills are 5-1 and clearly on the path of a Championship season.

Should you also give Kim Pegula credit for the Sabres 4-1 start?

How do you then rationalize the fact that Kim Pegula has NOT been seen or heard from since that local reporter leak that she was in a Miami hospital for a serious matter earlier this year?

Seems she is pretty irrelevant eh?

So why does her old fracking husband feel the need to make her President of both the Sabres and the Bills when she has no business being near either one of those franchises?

She is more qualified to go mark a BIG X on the ground where her husband should rape Mother Nature next.

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

14 hours ago, TonyasTaters said:

I’m sure you have heard people talk about him calling Kim Pegula Kim-chi and a whore. Also using word faggot numerous time is every bit as bad as any other derogatory word. I thing you might give him a free pass because he’s left leaning or maybe you are Africana American and only care if it’s towards a black person. Just saying. I don’t approve of any of it, but it seems like they are fighting fire with fire.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ICRockets2 said:

He called her Kim-chi the Asian whore. He really cleaned that shit up for you lol.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

I’m sure you have heard people talk about him calling Kim Pegula Kim-chi and a whore. Also using word faggot numerous time is every bit as bad as any other derogatory word. I thing you might give him a free pass because he’s left leaning or maybe you are Africana American and only care if it’s towards a black person. Just saying. I don’t approve of any of it, but it seems like they are fighting fire with fire.

Neither do I. I missed the Asian remark so maybe you and Spike should have a convo. If you recall I have called out Hipkat who aligns with my political leanings so your argument is weak. I think you need to go back and see who and what I called out because you appear to be confused.

• Like 1

I accused Kim Pegula of being a gold digger who met her older rich husband while she was applying for a waitress job.  She didn't get that job.  Perhaps she gave Terry a job instead however NO money was exchanged directly.

I NEVER called her a whore.

You may be confusing when I called Very Wide Ass' mother the #1 Ranked Downtown Buffalo Anal Crack Whore (D.B.A.C.W.) which I subsequently apologized to Very Wide Ass because his mother was NOT the #1 ranked and was only in the top 10.

The term KimChi that I utilized is a off shoot of her public background of being a Korean orphan before being adopted by a Rochester family and was not intended to say that Kim Pegulas is "basically spicy, fermented cabbage, kind of like sauerkraut, but with Korean flavors – garlic, ginger & Korean chilies".

So again would you please GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
When I met you

I picked you out, I shook you up
And turned you around
Turned you into someone new
Now five years later on you've got the world at your feet
Success has been so easy for you
But don't forget it's me who put you where you are now
And I can put you back down too....

4 minutes ago, ICRockets2 said:

Look, I try to be an accommodating guy.  Spiked has been friends with shiva for 2 decades, and I just don't believe it's possible to achieve such a feat without sustaining heavy psychic damage.  We kinda have to grade on a curve here.

Dick.....less?

7 hours ago, ICRockets2 said:

OK I smoked a bowl and I thought about you and this and I found the words to describe why this just doesn't sit right with me as an argument.  

If you're going to say "you can't understand my life experience so you don't get to convince me I could be a better parent" then fine, that is a stance.  But what's good for the goose is good for the gander, so I can argue from lived experience too and mine is very straightforwardly this:

I am queer, and my life would have been better if I knew that when I was a kid.

That is the absolute 100% truth, and if I have to simply accept that I don't get to have a say in how kids are raised then you have to accept that what I am saying is true and that your approach to parenting makes lives worse.

I don't know how we can reconcile those two positions.  Do you?  I think I would rather we state positions such as

"My life would have been better if I knew about asexuality when I was a kid"

and

"I am uncomfortable including the opinions of non-parents into this discussion about raising kids"

From there we can approach some sort of common ground.  We ask ourselves and each other questions about education.  For example, one I think is asked about practically everything that gets taught: what is the best way to introduce this topic in a way and at an age that gives you what you need to know before your life would get worse if you don't?

I think as we approach that common ground your discomfort will be salved.  I genuinely want what is best for kids and I believe you do too.  I think there is a way to do this that helps queer kids without harming straight and cis kids, and I think you'd be proud of yourself if you helped think of it.  I know I would be.  Why not give it a shot?

The real divide here is not what you mentioned, I have no issues with your proposed common ground. It's about introducing these things to young children. So, you want an actual age?? Can't do it. There are too many variables ion how kids mature, etc but I would say high school is the best age to start to have a personal discussion with kids who at that period in their lives are more developed in their ability to understand desires and emotions. Still fairly young in that part of their development, but able to engage more rationally.

4 minutes ago, HipKat said:

The real divide here is not what you mentioned, I have no issues with your proposed common ground. It's about introducing these things to young children. So, you want an actual age?? Can't do it. There are too many variables ion how kids mature, etc but I would say high school is the best age to start to have a personal discussion with kids who at that period in their lives are more developed in their ability to understand desires and emotions. Still fairly young in that part of their development, but able to engage more rationally.

I definitely agree there are elements that need to wait until late-middle/early-high school, and I actually think the concept of asexuality may be one of them.  Speaking for myself, what clicked it into place that I was ace was understanding that there are different TYPES of attraction.  I had always sort of just grouped romantic attraction, sexual attraction, and aesthetic attraction into one concept.  It wasn't until I grasped the distinction that I realized sexual attraction was something I never felt and that romantic attraction was a rarity.  Now, if this is going to help queer youth, it obviously has to be after puberty has started because digging into the concept of sexual attraction before that point is CLEARLY a bad idea.  

But there's other stuff that you ought to at least be able to discuss if a kid asks about it.  The difference between gay and straight can be very easily touched upon with only a couple sentences (some mommies love daddies, some mommies love mommies, this is something I guarantee a kid can understand without getting confused and you don't have to go deeper than that).  The concept of trans people can be approached with a light touch and kids have enough of an intrinsic comprehension of gender- and always have, I might add; boys toys and girls toys in Happy Meals for example- to get very basic shit.  Nobody is saying we have to get into the history of gender roles or how pink used to be a masculine color a century ago, just absolute bare bones stuff.  

I just don't think there's anything wrong with that, and I haven't heard a single argument from anyone that has demonstrated the harm they assert will be caused by it.  

55 minutes ago, ICRockets2 said:

I definitely agree there are elements that need to wait until late-middle/early-high school, and I actually think the concept of asexuality may be one of them.  Speaking for myself, what clicked it into place that I was ace was understanding that there are different TYPES of attraction.  I had always sort of just grouped romantic attraction, sexual attraction, and aesthetic attraction into one concept.  It wasn't until I grasped the distinction that I realized sexual attraction was something I never felt and that romantic attraction was a rarity.  Now, if this is going to help queer youth, it obviously has to be after puberty has started because digging into the concept of sexual attraction before that point is CLEARLY a bad idea.  

But there's other stuff that you ought to at least be able to discuss if a kid asks about it.  The difference between gay and straight can be very easily touched upon with only a couple sentences (some mommies love daddies, some mommies love mommies, this is something I guarantee a kid can understand without getting confused and you don't have to go deeper than that).  The concept of trans people can be approached with a light touch and kids have enough of an intrinsic comprehension of gender- and always have, I might add; boys toys and girls toys in Happy Meals for example- to get very basic shit.  Nobody is saying we have to get into the history of gender roles or how pink used to be a masculine color a century ago, just absolute bare bones stuff.  

I just don't think there's anything wrong with that, and I haven't heard a single argument from anyone that has demonstrated the harm they assert will be caused by it.  

Why do you associate Queer with A Sexuality as if it's only connected to people who are Queer??

3 hours ago, TonyasTaters said:

Neither do I. I missed the Asian remark so maybe you and Spike should have a convo. If you recall I have called out Hipkat who aligns with my political leanings so your argument is weak. I think you need to go back and see who and what I called out because you appear to be confused.

He really doesn’t though. Only that he hates Trump, but even I’m not a Trump lover. I just think he is way better than Biden.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...