Jump to content

The conundrum: If Hipkat we’re to return as Mod wouldn’t he have to ban himself and his racist buddies? I am sure making multiple racist statements is far worse than a couple extra threads.


TonyasTaters
 Share

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, ICRockets2 said:

The occasion could arise if one year a kid is Brian and the next year they're Emily and someone in the class is confused by this.  Surely you can agree that a bill that prevents a teacher from addressing this with grace and welcoming is a bad bill, right?

Be nice to everyone Freddy 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, ICRockets2 said:

If there is, it's in their intentions.  Drag is traditionally a gay man's game, so there's a possibility that a straight man is doing it in a fashion intended specifically to mock gay people.  I'd object to that on moral grounds, but if a straight man just likes doing it without it being derogatory I think that's swell.

Would about them but but first amendment rights? Funny how it only applies to hate speech for Trumpsters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ICRockets2 said:

The occasion could arise if one year a kid is Brian and the next year they're Emily and someone in the class is confused by this.  Surely you can agree that a bill that prevents a teacher from addressing this with grace and welcoming is a bad bill, right?

If one yer a kid is Brian and the next year the kid is Julie and other kids are confused, then they are OBVIOUSLY too young to be exposed to this bullshit and Brian's parents need their asses kicked for manipulating their kid to fit their agenda

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, ICRockets2 said:

Yeah, that's part of the lesson, but you should be allowed to say some mundane shit like "some boys are more comfortable as girls and there's nothing wrong with that" shouldn't you?  

I think you would have to take into consideration each teachers feelings on the matter.  I think the best way to word it is “Brian wants to be called Brianna now, and he is dressing in girls clothing because that’s what he is comfortable wearing. So we will treat him kindness and respect.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, HipKat said:

If one yer a kid is Brian and the next year the kid is Julie and other kids are confused, then they are OBVIOUSLY too young to be exposed to this bullshit and Brian's parents need their asses kicked for manipulating their kid to fit their agenda

Wait, the position you're going to try to defend is "kids shouldn't be exposed to things they don't understand"??

By this logic, you can't teach math until university.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, HipKat said:

If one yer a kid is Brian and the next year the kid is Julie and other kids are confused, then they are OBVIOUSLY too young to be exposed to this bullshit and Brian's parents need their asses kicked for manipulating their kid to fit their agenda

Idk why they think that the whole world has to buy into this. Ultimately it’s going to be up to each kids parents to tell them what is right and wrong. It’s better for the teacher to say “be nice to everyone no matter what”. If Jimmy goes home and tells his day that Brian is Julie and that’s ok, that parent may not feel the same way as the teacher. The teacher may not agree with what you are forcing him/her to say.

  • Like 2

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

I think you would have to take into consideration each teachers feelings on the matter.  I think the best way to word it is “Brian wants to be called Brianna now, and he is dressing in girls clothing because that’s what he is comfortable wearing. So we will treat him kindness and respect.

Brianna's pronouns are she/her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

Idk why they think that the whole world has to buy into this. Ultimately it’s going to be up to each kids parents to tell them what is right and wrong. It’s better for the teacher to say “be nice to everyone no matter what”. If Jimmy goes home and tells his day that Brian is Julie and that’s ok, that parent may not feel the same way as the teacher. The teacher may not agree with what you are forcing him/her to say.

Free speech doesn’t matter? Just curious…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ICRockets2 said:

Wait, the position you're going to try to defend is "kids shouldn't be exposed to things they don't understand"??

By this logic, you can't teach math until university.

No, kids shouldn't be exposed to things or forced into things they are not old enough, mature enough or developed enough to understand and accept.

Your math analogy is ridiculous and doesn't make sense

  • Like 2

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ICRockets2 said:

Wait, the position you're going to try to defend is "kids shouldn't be exposed to things they don't understand"??

By this logic, you can't teach math until university.

You teach kids things that kids are mentally able to handle at that age. Reading, writing and arithmetic is all they need to teach kids. You don’t want religion in school which is fine, but I should my Christian/Muslim child need to be taught things that his/her parent disagrees with, and ultimately will be shot down by his or her parent. Be nice to everyone and treat everyone with respect. Every person should have same human rights. That’s it not hard

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

Idk why they think that the whole world has to buy into this. Ultimately it’s going to be up to each kids parents to tell them what is right and wrong. It’s better for the teacher to say “be nice to everyone no matter what”. If Jimmy goes home and tells his day that Brian is Julie and that’s ok, that parent may not feel the same way as the teacher. The teacher may not agree with what you are forcing him/her to say.

Then they can stop teaching, I do not care about protecting their transphobia.  I wouldn't support the continued employment of teachers who were pro-segregation after Brown, either.  Would you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ICRockets2 said:

Then they can stop teaching, I do not care about protecting their transphobia.  I wouldn't support the continued employment of teachers who were pro-segregation after Brown, either.  Would you?

I support teacher who is there to teach a child what they are supposed to teach. I’m not telling anyone what to believe. Are you? Seems that way

  • Like 2

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HipKat said:

No, kids shouldn't be exposed to things for forced into things they are not old enough, mature enough or developed enough to understand and accept.

Your math analogy is ridiculous and doesn't make sense

Teachers deal in facts. If you want to tell the class Brian is still a boy wants to dress like a girl, then that is a fact.

  • Like 1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ICRockets2 said:

Kids in elementary school ARE developed enough to understand and accept the existence of queer people.

Only because they've been forced to by assholes like you pushing your agenda on them. GOOD and responsible adults in those kids' lives should be protecting them from adult issues that involve sexual feelings and urges. Sadly, whack-jobs like you probably feel like it's OK for 13, 14 year olds to have unprotected sex because it's natural for them to get pregnant at that age.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

You teach kids things that kids are mentally able to handle at that age. Reading, writing and arithmetic is all they need to teach kids. You don’t want religion in school which is fine, but I should my Christian/Muslim child need to be taught things that his/her parent disagrees with, and ultimately will be shot down by his or her parent. Be nice to everyone and treat everyone with respect. Every person should have same human rights. That’s it not hard

Kids are perfectly mentally able to handle the existence of queer people in elementary school.  "Some mommies love daddies, and some mommies love mommies" is not going to cause an existential crisis in a 6 year old.  Science has demonstrated that a child's gender identity is pretty well crystallized by age 4, and that this is equally true of both cis and trans kids.  This stuff is completely in their wheelhouse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ICRockets2 said:

Kids in elementary school ARE developed enough to understand and accept the existence of queer people.

No they aren’t. My daughter teaches pre-k and kindergarten and her best friend who is gay and teaches 1st both say they couldn’t handle that. They can’t even keep their hands to themselves. Some still shit their pants. It doesn’t matter the parents should talk to these kids about this stuff.

  • Like 1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

Sure!! You can’t say anything you want as a teacher though can you? Should be ok for that teacher to call Brian a fill in the blank?

If a teacher calls a kid a faggot, it makes learning a TON harder for that kid.  This is extremely well-demonstrated through just a passing consumption of the data on childhood development.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ICRockets2 said:

Kids are perfectly mentally able to handle the existence of queer people in elementary school.  

Who mommy loves is NOT up to the school. What part of keep this shit in the house do you NOT understand?? My aunt, when my cousins were pretty young left my uncle for a woman - whom's she's still with today and her partner is a much loved part of the family. We dealt with it AS A FAMILY. The School had NOTHING to do with it because SCHOOLS have no business getting involved in family issues.

0

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ICRockets2 said:

If a teacher calls a kid a faggot, it makes learning a TON harder for that kid.  This is extremely well-demonstrated through just a passing consumption of the data on childhood development.  

This is why the teacher doesn’t have freedom of speech. Tell kids to treat everyone with respect. How friggen hard is that?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ICRockets2 said:

If a teacher calls a kid a faggot, it makes learning a TON harder for that kid.  This is extremely well-demonstrated through just a passing consumption of the data on childhood development.  

If a teacher calls a kid a Faggot, that teacher should be removed form teaching

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Only because they've been forced to by assholes like you pushing your agenda on them. GOOD and responsible adults in those kids' lives should be protecting them from adult issues that involve sexual feelings and urges. Sadly, whack-jobs like you probably feel like it's OK for 13, 14 year olds to have unprotected sex because it's natural for them to get pregnant at that age.

What's wrong with the agenda?  Queer people exist.  Trans people exist.  Discriminating against them is bad.  Discouraging discrimination is good.  End of debate.

You can explain being gay without getting even remotely into sexual feelings.  A kid who understands that mommy loves daddy is equally capable of understanding that some mommies love mommies.  

No, I think encouraging protection is an obvious good thing because even if I don't think 13 year olds should be having sex I understand that it's going to happen and it should happen safely when it does.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...