How to stop Travis Kelce - Strategy Thread

daryls61

2 hours ago, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

How about Shaq Lawson on Kelce? Hit him at the line badger him all day. Shaq likes to be the bad boy enforcer.

Very bad plan.  Shaq's best trait is his ability to seal the edge.  On passing downs that means his biggest value comes in forcing Mahomes to remain in the pocket.  Putting him on Kelce, even just to jam him at the snap, puts him behind the 8-ball on his other mission.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LIBills said:

Take a bat and kneecap Kelce.

Being Michael Jackson's doctor is likely out of jail already, I'd imagine Jeff Gillooly(Tonya Harding's ex-husband) is available, possibly even still handy with a tire iron). BTW, is that who the Tater's character's screen name is a tribute to?  I don't recall if the movie portrayed her as cooking decent French Fries, but I imagine it's likely she did?

Or if some may be opposed to physical violence, maybe they'd not be opposed to the night before the game forcing Travis Kelce to watch the film about that incident, I, Tonya, and specifically the foul mouthed subversive wench who plays her(or maybe it was the mother, I just recall Hollywood's usual over the top tactics in the portrayal) for hours on end.  Do the thing to ensure his eyes stay open like in A Clockwork Orange.

When confirming Gillooly was uncaged, I also saw he changed his name to Jeff Stone(trying to save folks time, with the deadline), and saw a headline that Scooby Doo(original animated version) has a new Halloween movie out, and Velma comes out as a lesbian in it.  Just when you thought Hollywood was lacking creativity and couldn't get any more **********, they prove they can occasionally still surprise folks!  (not quite "Inception"-level creativity, but I've kinda given up hoping even the Nolan brothers or Wachowski brothers sisters(only 1 participated in the intentionally self-effacing reboot, which I found enjoyable enough to think @daryls61would declare it epic, as I seem to recall Lit[pbuh] declaring he does with every trailer lol[and then Daryl giving me an even bigger lol by thinking of a trailer that he declared "not epic".  Maybe instead of being mean to Travis, the mix of entertainment and confusion of a non-Range member subjected to the Shoutbox is an option).

Anyhow, forcing Travis to watch Hollywood crap all night(or even reading my critiques of it!![and yes, I do intentionally poke fun at my own posts, like Lana did in Matrix Resurrections) should demoralize the poor SOB enough to be less effective, the way it does to society as a whole.

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

6 hours ago, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

The trey jersey grab.

Ha, I see what you did there!  ;)  Yes, it was the one thing that prevented Josh from getting the head to head win Tom Brady mocked him for never having done in their Twitter trash talk leading up to that 4 QB golfing match up earlier this year.   Simple, and effective, I dig your style.

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

3 hours ago, Herodotus said:

Force him to read Mixum and Sean's posts the next few days as well as the politics forum? It would render him insane

Man,  after seeing my solutions were already mentioned, I tried to take a somewhat comedic angle with decent doses of cultural criticism, but it looks like you already did that too!  Mine was likely too long for many readers, with ample Hollywood references, Shoutbox historical references for the noobs/rebooted(as well as a reminder to Lit that his entertainment, and not just his knowledge, is missed...in case he is still amongst us and at times reading this), and even some self-effacing humor which I now see mentioned a method you've already mentioned!!  uggghh  lol, this thread is not that long, much of it is @daryls61(like a good coach) giving feedback, and most of the stuff I had in mind(even stuff I wanted to bring up elsewhere about involving point differential!) has already been mentioned. 

The former "hardcore" name is being lived up to!

5 hours ago, ICRockets2 said:

Very bad plan.  Shaq's best trait is his ability to seal the edge.  On passing downs that means his biggest value comes in forcing Mahomes to remain in the pocket.  Putting him on Kelce, even just to jam him at the snap, puts him behind the 8-ball on his other mission.

(IC, this post is really addressed to all, despite your quote)

I think my man was partly using humor there, kind of alluding to how many on here were giving Shaq grief and kind of portraying him as a bad boy for his tackle on a running QB.   .....On that note, someone wrote that the question wouldn't be how would you feel if it was Allen being tackled like that, but how would you feel if it was Motor Singletary, because at the point of contact Pickett resembled a running back more than he did a QB, and hits that are scary are unable to be completely removed from football. 

That reminds me, I know Neal mentioned(possibly more than once) the Myles Jack hit as a comparison to Shaq Lawson's, but I am not sure if everyone is familiar with it,being I haven't read many of the threads.  But in case anyone is not familiar, as long as the .gif works, you see Motor(running hot) on the left, already tackled by 2 guys, then Jack is over on the right and lays someone out for no reason(none related to the play lol).  This is what a dirty hit looks like:  (noting the Bills player's head, I think gives new meaning to that stupid ESPN  "Jacked Up" segment that I recall not liking the few times I saw it)

spacer.png

Ok, now that I'm finished replying, I can go with what I would have written  if I had done so earlier. lol    When Elam was drafted and I was reading about the things that made him different from other CBs both in the draft and on the Bills(man coverage ability, size, and ability to jam off the line) I recall what quickly popped into my head was the end of regulation in KC.  Elam at least attempting to jam Kelce off the line rather than letting him easily get a head of steam may have made enough difference that the Bills hold on and win.  Regardless if their other CBs were off the board at that point, I think Elam's eventual(remember, as I said then he's a high ceiling guy, but the reviews did not have him as NFL-ready as other CBs) versatility for occasions like that appeared attractive to BB(and I imagine HCSM may have more input than the average coach).

More keys for the game in general, but also about Kelce which I did not notice being mentioned: getting Edmunds and Poyer back.  I think both are under-appreciated

on here, though at this point Edmunds' distance from Poyer in that regard is likely even higher than before, due to a system that doesn't necessarily lend to his strengths and duties that certainly don't lend to the collection of flashy stats.  Absent him(Heaven forbid) departing the game for a length of time(if he plays),  there isn't a great illustration of what his impact to this matchup with the Bills revised strategy will be. 

DCLF has not been known for blitzing, but earlier this season we got to see what Edmunds can do when unleashed to blitz, and contrary to the former mentra of not Blitzing Mahomes, the Bengals and others have illustrated  how keeping him guessing with mixing defensive looks, and out of finding a comfortable rhythm, can have good results.   THIS is where having all of those guys in the rotation(mitigating fatigue), especially with their flexibility of lining up in multiple spots will likely be harder for Andy Reid to game plan for. 

Both teams likely have been keeping things off of film for this game, though I suspect with KC having 3 games decided bu 3 points or less(you know, the ones some of you wish the Bills had taken their foot off the gas and gotten more of, to take away some talking point lol), they have had somewhat less of the luxury of playing vanilla football leading up to this game than the Bills.  Frazier and McDermott have been rightly criticized in the past for some defensive strategies, and for not changing things up enough/adjusting in grame, but I would be very surprised if that is the case this time around.

6 hours ago, Herodotus said:

Force him to read Mixum and Sean's posts the next few days as well as the politics forum? It would render him insane

I think that is a bit harsh.

Could we just not have him read 1/10th one of J's typical long-ass posts and have go into a deep sleep short of a coma?

• Laugh 2

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

44 minutes ago, Nuke said:

In all seriousness,  the Bills need to get Poyer back for this game. 

(Nuke: this is to everyone, other than maybe the first couple of sentences, so no need to read(same for anyone, including the whiny **** in the next sentence, who is the Sean of "real" life, and could re-add me to his ban list if he had any integrity in his words).  I made it extra-long due to SpikedProtein's unoriginal mockery, after I myself already made the same joke about my postsWasn't he the stupid ass-face Daryls said demanded we put effort into this?? lol) I probably could have just posted only the tldr "summary", which actually is NOT a summary but just some additional perspective that was originally shorter! lol  Likely my magnum opus(the "summary" portion itself) of non-discarded posts so far this week, I hope it at the same time both meets Daryls'(SpikedProtein's) demands while also rejecting  both central premises, and maybe can draw attention on how we accept the value and meaning others declare, when we often have a choice not to. I'll leave it to reader interpretation whether or not I left it all on the field and needed a drink afterward,  or if I was kidding)

SOB, you wrote that during my post(taking away one of my first mentions, lol but happy for you being yours were jacked earlier too lol that'll teach me for doing other things while posting), I feel like Hillary Clinton and the vast right wing conspiracy she promoted to the true believers(semi seriously though, but more like the universe).  Thank goodness for the low value you SOBs place on Tremaine Edmunds!!  (I mean, I wanted him traded as well, but not with the same understanding as many here)  At least he was still on the board for me!

In my last post I left out that while both teams realize this game is important, both also realize the far more important game is in the playoffs.  And while a victory Sunday would go a long way toward a 1 seed, there are MANY games left and this game may be MUCH less meaningful than some hear want to make it out to be.  For that reason, I suspect both teams likely will be "saving" some stuff for that game(both strategy-wise, and for the Bills, injury-wise with if Poyer, Edmunds, and our 2 3-tech DTs(Oliver and Phillips), if they aren't close enough to 100% where playing them could extend injuries(I don't recall if those 2 were mentioned, and getting to Mahomes is part of the 26 yards y'all seem to think are paramount to a win or loss.

To quote Pink Floyd's "In The Flesh", "I've got some bad news for you, sunshine".   Even an average head coach changes things up for a game of this magnitude, let alone Andy Reid.  If Reid is half the genius some on here or in the media make him out to be at this point in his career, he's gonna have folks sniffing up the wrong tree.  People are familiar with recency bias?   Fortunately OBD is reviewing the other 4 games and likely past film as well.  They are considering far more layers of depth than any of us and the majority of the time at this point don't deserve the Shoutbox abuse(not sure if they care), while we're "mostly" amusing ourselves(and sometimes others) if you want to be honest.

BONUS:  My attempt reconcile the apparent mutual exclusivity to allow both @jamsim67and @Victor7's states to be possible to be true in their essence is to simply say a player can be stopped in the understood meaning, it's just a matter of practicality, what you give up elsewhere.  Do not even need to leave this match-up for an example.....and an NFL statistical leader, at that:Stefon Diggs 3 catches 7 yards, 0tds, 1 2pt conversion though(and ALL targets not named Gabriel Davis and Cole Beasley 11). (seriously, how many can honestly say they thought the Bills would be in a position to win at the end with the Chiefs having scored so Much which Diggs not showing up?

tl;dr (summary):   ( @HipKatin my experience, that's how I've seen your former favorite replies to my post used elsewhere ;)  But to repeat from the beginning, it's actually just a couple of additional perspectives, originally shorter)

26 yards is what a thread was demanded for?  What that shows is how little Travis Kelce was needed by KC in that game.  "But StraightJ, 4TDs!'"  And?  Are you telling me @seandelevancouldn't think of a way KC could win(or, Bills could lose) without one single Kelce TD?  "HOF!"  See last sentemce.  Mahomes can likely do things similar to what Josh Allen has demonstrated he can do: upgrade players into weapons, in essence create themlike a powerful wizard(including with his feet, as you recall from the playoffs.  Kelce is great, defending him IS quite important, but make no mistake Mahomes could potentially win a game with him simply serving as a decoy, or even if he was banned for the sniffles last season.  If Mahomes, Allen(for something someone sees after the camera focuses on his head hitting the ground like it did vs the Steelers) or Rodgers last season vs Chiefs gets banned for new rules made in the sports entertainment era, or even real rules from the past, it's not as easily overcome(unless the backup is somehow given a magical boost from last season, like Teddy Bridgewater, Geno Smith. etc, the inverse of Mitch, Russ, etc)

I want to add an illustration of my earlier statement that the importance of this game(outside of NFL hype/revenue, and possibly talking point material for the media) could be very overstated, just like I've illustrated any one target of either QB can be.  Similar time last season, the Bills(much like the playoff game they appeared to have won) went to KC, and did the action @seandelevanbefore many games describes having dome to the Bills and I think mentally to him(violent homosexual fornication in the federal housing units your rulers are world leaders in % and total number of providing their citizens[or for the rest of us, Bills won by blowout)], sending the Bills to 4-1(with tiebreaker advantage), and the Chiefs to 2-3.  #Othergamesmatter   (unsure if the logic and illustrations earned a mic drop, or even why your society does the mic drop thing?  Internet said comedians do it, so now maybe I'm funny too, like that in One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer song?  That reminds me, I need to log on up outta here).

SpikedProtein, if Daryls' claims that you demanded this thread are true, you don't seem to be contributing much, what you added focused on me, breaking your own commandment.  After your last post, it seems I will ignore any future demands, as well as your reverse psychology cries for more of my content, and continue to decide what I post or focus on.   Otherwise, it might encourage you to try to decide how I think or feel as well. lol  

One might think you could be somewhat less of a hypocrite and focus on what you demand others focus on(like when you banned analysis of the Steelers game, I think less than 24 hours after it's completion(Heaven forbid we enjoy it, and/or possibly learn something from it.  I'd venture the Bills staff is not as dismissive of #othergamesmatter as you and your fellow cult members, and that's part of why they are good at developing players).  I know your political idols are bad role models for such, at least in the US(and I think your ruler did a similar dinner hypocrisy during that scientism cult thing you true believers apparently still retain dues-paying membership in, at the peril of both yourselves and the healthy who expressly do not consent to the experiment), so I can see why you might think hypocrisy is a advantageous behavioral trait to employ in your Western culture. 

After the post-game interview with Allen, Diggs, and Davis, it was mentioned the level of respect and enthusiasm the latter two showed for their leader because they know he puts in all he has and does not ask more of others than of himself.  I'm unaware of any members of the various ruling bodies that govern members of the Range in the current era that exhibit traits close to what Josh Allen does, and while I won't tell anyone whom their role models should be,  I personally am a fan of the ethics of Josh Allen and think many shticks on here would be upgraded if whatever current idolatry with Josh Allen.  

I would, however,  strongly admonish that no graven  image of him or his likeness be made.....without obtaining expressed written consent from the NFL.

1 hour ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

I think McD will put a shadow on him, like Milano or [Heaven forbid] Edmunds. Knock him down at the line without holding him. Pancake him like an O-lineman... or just shove him backwards at the line a couple yards and don't let him get going.

Excellent idea Coach. This could make an impact.

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

On 10/11/2022 at 11:39 AM, daryls61 said:

Range top poster @seandelevan has brought up an excellent point and that is that Travis Kelce can't be stopped and in his own words:

Since this will be a key to victory, Spiked requested this topic have it's own specific thread so Rangers can give their thoughts on a comprehensive strategy to stop Kelce. All suggestions will be considered equally and reviewed by Spiked and range top poster @seandelevan

I wish they had a Cam Chancellor type on this team.