All Allen All Day

seandelevan

On 10/3/2022 at 6:47 AM, seandelevan said:

Linebackers and secondary I credit. Pass rushing guys like Lamar and Mahomes is like having an asshole for my elbow. Pointless. Lamar easily avoided the pass rush most of the time…but it was the 2nd and 3rd level of the defense that stepped up.

What you talking about...Pass rush led to that interception in the end zone. 

19 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Because Lamar fucked up…Mahomes would have not fucked this up…

9E0DCF0F-AD0A-4636-9DEB-A8F1436406E7.jpeg

Poyer would have been in coverage position against Mahomes at the snap; Frazier would have called it differently.  I guess Fascists are equally ignorant on the subjects of football and geopolitics.  Get help, Pol Pot.

On 10/3/2022 at 2:24 PM, travolta said:

I was referring to WGR and some on the range. Same fans that whined about JA for 2 years. Retard is a bit harsh.

Before the half TD with 9 seconds left to cap a beautiful drive. I’m sorry, but what was I supposed to be pissed about? 

Ravens game was a great win. I can’t get on board complaining about it. 

All good - Enjoy your "great" win.

22 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Because Lamar fucked up…Mahomes would have not fucked this up…

9E0DCF0F-AD0A-4636-9DEB-A8F1436406E7.jpeg

Another top notch post Sean. Straight to the point and a visual as well. You are really raising the bar as the top poster here at the range. Great job pointing out how the pass rush flustered Lamar and made him retreat. Also, your pic shows Sack Lawson getting held. A very dominating day by the DL and you have shown specifically why it is important to invent in defense. All rangers will benefit from this post. Well done!

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

On 10/3/2022 at 10:53 AM, Victor7 said:

Yup. 

The beauty of having Allen is that he's so good that we don't have to have all world players all over the offense. I didn't see Brady loaded with weapons left and right his entire career except for the one time he did load up and lost to a defensive team in the SB. Mahomes just lost Sean's ideal lightning fast player and he's putting up the same numbers. 

Again, I'm not against loading up on offense. But this team ain't built like that. And last year when the chips were on the line it was not a lack of talent on offense that failed us. We put up a 2 game run for the ages. Freaking Bengals beat the Chiefs with defense. Not with a Greatest show on turf like performance from Joey B and his weapons. 

The only advantage Brady had that Allen does not is a credible run game.  Antwain Smith, Corey Dillon, etc.  Not fancy backs, actually sort of like Singletary, with the exception that teams had to keep their ground game in mind when game planning because you could shut down Brady and the passing game and they'd run you to the point where you had to focus on the run and then boss Tom would kill you late in the game with dinks and dunks

• Like 1

For the second week in a row these two dudes AGAIN point out how problematic it is that the Bills have a defensive head coach. It’s been 6 god damn years and we still don’t have a running game. Why? Because we don’t have anyone who knows how to do it. 

And Nick Wright brings up a good point…if Allen even looks slightly out of it…he’s done. With the new protocols now…he’d be benched immediately. And yet again they say at this rate Allen will done by 31. 

Should’ve made Daboll the head coach..

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Sean, it's not my intent to demean you like it might be for others.  I think you know I dig your presence here, although you likely also know it's gameday in the shoutbox where I root for you to stay away when you announce a halftime walk :)   Anyhow, as I pointed out in the Poyer POW thread and others didn't take the opportunity to here, a linemen fresh off the practice squad as an UDFA from the Ivy League(honored academically there as well) Prince Emil played a part by tipping Jackson's pass that allowed Poyer to make the most of his ballhawk/Johnny on the spot/closer skills and get his first interception.  I don't recall if you specifically mentioned it in terms of pass rushing for a sack or whatever, but either way I'm making sure the young man gets some recognition for making an impact in his limited time on the NFL field against the then(IIRC) #2 odds for MVP QB.  UDFA/Ivy Leauge academic standouts with great names ' lives matter! lol

I also thank you for that video, I plan to download it to marvel at with other clips occasionally.  I don't know that it necessarily proved anything about talent, though.  Fron reading another comment I saw that the OL did what it was supposed to do allegedly, but I have no idea what the play was supposed to look like.  Any chance that the rookie OC drew up a play that didn't materialize at all like intended, yet not necessarily due to lack of weapons?   Other than drawing the line away from Josh, the rest of the defenders were on his side. mostly fair close to him and wherever a short pass could be put. If you subbed Jerry Rice in for anyone not other than Diggs and the WRs were where they are in that video, I still am not sure I could see it ending that differently, even if you subbed in someone with a knack for finding the open spot like Cole Beasely, I'm not sure there was room the way the defenders were situated. 

What that video(as you acknowledged) showef was a generational/once in a lifetime for most teams(or maybe the NFL as a whole) QB who methodically busted his ass to bring his talent to catch up to his physical traits in a way many said could not be done, and partly due rejection from all but 1 college coach(1) had a burning desire to show everyone how wrong they were, who hates losing, and seems to have an innate gift to often enough be in "the flow"(like using the Force or the Tao).  Your right to think the Bills are blessed to have finally hit the bug one in the lottery on the swinging for the seats draft move(iie not conservative at all!!) that in the end could prove to have been better than even Terry Pegula's strong desire to draft Mahomes.  I think @Victor7probably best captured my general sentiments beyond that with not all teams needing the embrassment of riches the Chiefs have had in almost every area imaginable(I'm still shocked they were able to keep at that level after Mahomes' 2nd contract, with none of these young guys being ready to dp what the(current ;)) GOAT did and take a below market price for the team....if I wanted to, on the @daryls61scale of being pissed, I couild be "raging pissed" just thinking about it.  Heck, I'm surprised how many here are more optimistic than I felt watching that SNF game where the lead up seemed to be the NFL telling Brady "Thanks, but it's time for you to move along for the new guy"(I am on the fence of starting a thread, seemed like a "coronation", no pun intended).

I guess I could add that in addition to whomever mentioned the #1 scoring differential, the often mocked #1 defense in total yards/#2 defense in scoring thing is there, which in most games(theoretically anyhow) means neither JA or weapons will need to rely on scoring a boatload each week(the fact the D was able to somehow get those stats vs that level of competition with the injuries andother circumstances might be an occasion to feel appreciation for Frazier and McDermott for  a change...and heck, we actually saw them utilize a guy for a long time I'd parroted the narrative of the under-utilization of his talents in a rather thankless role, Tremaine Edmunds!  (of course, maybe one could joke that Beane was responsible, demanding the duo showcase his potential to possibly build trade value for a guy it does not make sense to resign lol).  

I'm all for adding offense before the start of next season if that's where the need is, though I might start with IOL and that solid foundation teams like Dallas were known for in the past, and adding the shiny pieces afterward if possible/necessary.  Hopefully with guys getting healthier, maybe Dorsey developing more of a "feel" and becoming more nuanced from experience, the acquisition of Kromer starting to pay more dividends over time(recall it was finally finding the best OL combo a couple of seasons ago that helped go on a run, right?),etc etc, I think there is a likelihood you will at some point be impressed when the current weapons are used to their potential, and your profanity will be out of joy instead of otherwise.  I imagine this post is farrrrr too long for you to have me want to bump it in a few weeks to remind you I predicted the hardest part was behind them/us.

Now if you were a betting guy and they weren't covering, I might be able to understand a bit better :)

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

Sean, you might be interested to know that the comments under the PFF article about Pickett being named the starter, fans of your hated Steelers(well, 1 at least lol) complained that it didn't matter who the QB was as long as they had the same OC who pretty much always sticks to short passes.

Also of note was Pickett was 10/13 with 3 interceptions, one of which as a hail mary, and the other 2 were off hands/tipped, according to comments, and how the focus might better have been how he was 10/10 otherwise.  Tomlin mentioned the increased "energy" he brought.  So if you wanted something to be nervous about, it might be Pickett "magically" going into "power pellet" mode, the opposite of "Money Mitch" and his unexplained transformation in the wrong direction, 2 phenomena I have repeatedly been pointing  out this season hoping someone else will finally scratch their head(or heck, even balls) and have a moment where they think, "SOB! the mofo is actually right....these QB transformations are a bit abnormal!".   I mean how many people thought it was even possible Geno Smith would have GOAT completion % for a 4 game stretch at this point and ex-teammate Russell WIlson would regress to often looking as pedestrian as he has?

Reading about the Steelers  banged up secondary had me momentarily feel the urge to do a daryls "house bet", but having become more used to "unreal" becoming "the new normal", it seems like even the safer assumptions of the past are no longer safe with whatever sports entertainment "voodoo" at times seems to be going on. :)   Sean, I have faith in you and think you are likely capable of finding multiple more causes for concern, even if we manage to "meanly" comfort and reassure you. lol  If you lose faith in the Bills for not "putting out"(giving you material to worry about) or in use for anything, such as not seeing what you see(trust me, I can relate!!), just maintain confidence in yourself.  That's what is important, and don't let anyone beat it out of you, even if they appear well-meaning.  If you could take it a little easier during in game shoutbox activity on the other hand, I would not think less of you.  :)

Andy did you hear about this one?-REM . "I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway". -Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971.  https://nativeamericanchurches.org/ My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs  My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)    Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.   (I doubt that explanation is wanted).

Let me guess one complaint someone(not necessarily Sean) will have.....  That GM Brandon Beane did not recognize the talent of the GOAT 4-game stretch in completion % title belt holder Geno Smith possessed before he was granted his super-powers, and that he should have targeted him as a priority for backup QB. Oh, what could have been! #backupQBlivesmattertoo

1 hour ago, StraightJ said:

Sean, it's not my intent to demean you like it might be for others.  I think you know I dig your presence here, although you likely also know it's gameday in the shoutbox where I root for you to stay away when you announce a halftime walk :)  

Oh yeah! It’s been awhile…but yes…This past Sunday the halftime walk was resurrected! Must of worked!

On 10/3/2022 at 9:40 PM, seandelevan said:

When’s the last time a Bills player did something like this? Make a play after a catch that is. Smh. Tired of seeing no talent qbs throw 5 yards and then see the dude go 60 yards for a TD. Wish Allen had a threat like that.

Imagine if Allen had Thurman, Reed & Loften… Hell I’d love to have Kenneth Davis right now. 

If Case Keenum has to play QB for us I think we can all agree we’re fucked.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, seandelevan said:

For the second week in a row these two dudes AGAIN point out how problematic it is that the Bills have a defensive head coach. It’s been 6 god damn years and we still don’t have a running game. Why? Because we don’t have anyone who knows how to do it. 

And Nick Wright brings up a good point…if Allen even looks slightly out of it…he’s done. With the new protocols now…he’d be benched immediately. And yet again they say at this rate Allen will done by 31. 

Should’ve made Daboll the head coach..

Another top notch post Sean. You have cemented yourself easily as the rangers top poster especially since you reference top analysts Nick Wright and Cowherd who are both expert football minds. Your EPIC post inspired me to do some research and this is a reminder that the rift between Dabol and McDermott was that Dabol ran Allen too much. McDermott doesnt want that and with the new concussion rules, it is probably best that. Dabol running Allen would be a mistake.

Not sure why you want 1970's football with all this running. I would think a top mind like you would know that this is a passing league and it is best to let Josh throw the ball as much as possible. McDermott sure wants it this way.

Lastly, you did make a statement that Allen's running was a weapon that should be used but as top NFL mind Nick Wright pointed out, the new concussion rules could work against Allen if he takes a big shot. 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

9 hours ago, wilson said:

Imagine if Allen had Thurman, Reed & Loften… Hell I’d love to have Kenneth Davis right now. 

If Case Keenum has to play QB for us I think we can all agree we’re fucked.  

Oh yeah….I laugh my ass off when I’ve heard homers say he could win us 9-10 games….LOLOLOL

On 10/2/2022 at 1:43 PM, seandelevan said:

So I don’t have to comment on multiple threads. 

If you watched this game and thought “wow Allen has so many weapon at his disposal” then you’re on fucking crack 

this game was 100% Allen willing his team to the W 

Davis dropping shit

Diggs shut down

Motor fumbling the ball

Crowder dropping shit 

Knox with one big catch

McKenzie dead 

Josh Allen is the truth. So if you think seAnDeLevAn WAs wRonG you better think again lol

This game would have been a blowout if we had guys who could run, run block, and catch. It’s still a fucking issue.

It's been really special what Mcdermott and Frazier can do with a lot of new players, and young guys in key positions of the secondary.  I hope that is enough for us to spend high draft capital next year on OL

• Like 1

Once again….another video….with what I’ve been harping on….says Allen and Mahomes are elite…class above. Says Allen is more gifted. YET says Mahomes will win more championships. Why? Mahomes has an offensive minded HC. Everything is custom made for Mahomes. Brings up(for 18th time) that McDermott has had 6 years to fix the run game….and it’s still broke. Something to think about when KC’s offense shreds our defense come Sunday. If our defense actually shuts them down….then I’ll crown McDermott’s ass. But trust me…I’m sure his D will be figured out by Reid for the playoffs. Great offenses will always trump great defenses. 
8:10 mark 

On 10/3/2022 at 6:39 AM, seandelevan said:

Go find this mornings show on WGR. Take notes. Study them. Then come back to me. They discussed EXACTLY what I’ve been bitching about.

On 10/3/2022 at 9:40 PM, seandelevan said:

When’s the last time a Bills player did something like this? Make a play after a catch that is. Smh. Tired of seeing no talent qbs throw 5 yards and then see the dude go 60 yards for a TD. Wish Allen had a threat like that.

Seriously? You point to one player, one play, when Buffalo has multiple play-makers on their offense. I guess it's not enough for you to watch the Bill's consistently  move the ball downfield, in a precision like manner. I will put the Bill's offense up against the 49er's offense any day of the week.

If the Bill's were 1-4, instead of the opposite I could understand the moaning, but this is a good team. And they've been good for the last 5 years. So whats not to like? The Bill's could win 9 in a row, clinch home-field, lose with their backups, and you'd be right here the next day saying "I told you, if Allen gets hurt they aren't winning anything."

is it that difficult for you to enjoy yourself Eeyore?

Eeyore_3-615x461.jpg

27 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

Seriously? You point to one player, one play, when Buffalo has multiple play-makers on their offense. I guess it's not enough for you to watch the Bill's consistently  move the ball downfield, in a precision like manner. I will put the Bill's offense up against the 49er's offense any day of the week.

If the Bill's were 1-4, instead of the opposite I could understand the moaning, but this is a good team. And they've been good for the last 5 years. So whats not to like? The Bill's could win 9 in a row, clinch home-field, lose with their backups, and you'd be right here the next day saying "I told you, if Allen gets hurt they aren't winning anything."

is it that difficult for you to enjoy yourself Eeyore?

Eeyore_3-615x461.jpg

What’s not to like? How about losing the chiefs when it counts every god damn year? But it’s even worse that for the last three years I’ve been saying that you can’t beat them with defense. Yet they continue to prove me right by adding more defense to be defeated. I’m still waiting. I know it’s week 6 but this will have a playoff atmosphere and it COULD have huge playoff implications. So for once I would like this defensive mastermind coaching staff actually fucking stop these guys. 

33 minutes ago, JoeFerguson said:

Colts is dead last in pass defense and still beat the Chiefs. Now watch how this Bills pass defense fucking look like dog shit on Sunday.

Yup. Teams like the chiefs are bored when they play shit teams but play out of their fucking minds against better teams. Look what they did to the Bucs. Fucking embarrassed them.

3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

What’s not to like? How about losing the chiefs when it counts every god damn year? But it’s even worse that for the last three years I’ve been saying that you can’t beat them with defense. Yet they continue to prove me right by adding more defense to be defeated. I’m still waiting. I know it’s week 6 but this will have a playoff atmosphere and it COULD have huge playoff implications. So for once I would like this defensive mastermind coaching staff actually fucking stop these guys. 

Had a playoff atmosphere last year, and you saw what happened. It's a BIG game, but it's only week 6 and as we saw last season anything can happen.

15 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Another top notch post by the range's number 1 poster @seandelevanIt is quite something that one person has so much football knowledge. We rangers are lucky to have you Sean. I would like to point out that The Bills held the Chiefs to 26 and20 points in 2 of the last 4 games so you can stop them with defense. Also, your chiefs spent 7 out of their 10 draft picks on defense and that is after losing Hill. Chiefs know they have to D - up to stop Bills.