Edmunds the Headhunter...

1 hour ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

If he didn't have that early sack, he'd be only known for nearly knocking Dane Jackson's block off... 

I guess this was his "statement" game!

I bet he's trying to impress von Miller!! Went overboard on a play that was done. First sack I've ever seen him get. Dirty dangerous game...that titan cb mc something... very dirty player. Slapping players in the head repeatedly. Those refs looked too old to see much 

There seemed to me to be a bad mojo overlying the game that for the most part seemed to lift in the 3rd quarter for the Bills offense at least, and then for the injuries.  At some point last season, I began considering the handful of weekends with numerous unlikely outcomes.  This season, the first 2 weeks I noticed themes of multiple unusual events under a similar theme.  The first week it was the missed field goals at the end, at  least one of which had a very odd(to me) looking "knuckle ball" type of motion to it, which likely wouldn't have stood out to me without the number of other misses before it.  The second week, the theme seemed to be huge comebacks, along with huge near-comebacks.  ESPN listed a stat(I think after MNF) that there were 3 4th qtr comebacks of 13 or more points.  The stat then said it had not happened since 1992, IIRC.  At least 1 was a 21 point deficit in the 4th qtr...the first in history if I got what the ESPN folks were mocking the team(I think Ravens) about.

When the Bills had their first 2 rare punts(I'm not sure when their last punt was last season) in however long, the receiving team fumbled both!  I'm not sure if anyone could somehow measure the probability of that while also factoring in the rareness of their punts, but if possible I'd be eager to know.  While I know better than to state any hypothesis...but...

At some point I'd like to start a thread dedicated to noticing an increase in the frequency of oddities/unusual groupings of things(including that 1 playoff weekend where 3 of the 4 games came down to the wire, and the one that didn't almost did).  If I don't, I figure somebody, somewhere, will eventually do so.

Andy did you hear about this one?

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)  

Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.

( joking...mostly) to the OP:  Around the spring of 2020, certain elements of culture seemed to intensify in the media, and I wouldn\t be shocked if the use of "headhunter" in your title elsewhere would have gotten people to seriously call you a label that starts with an "r"(or if some of the more radical here might even do so, if I didn't make a joke first to hopefully prevent them?) :) 

(the following is not addressed to the OP of the thread, but to those who were savagely ridiculing Edmunds in the Shoutbox)

On a more serious note about Edmunds, the overly flaming response in the Shoutbox (that I think I was the only one to denounce?) was even more hyperbolic than usual., excoriating him as if he had done something that would bring charges that usually begin with "criminally negligent)"?  If that were actually the case, one might think his coach and/or teammates would admonish him for such.  I mean, certainly they would be pissed at him, and/or a the very least not wish to see him give potentially life altering trauma to anyone else.  I mean if the hot take were correct they would, because they are not an uncaring group in the culture HCSM built, amirightorwhat? :)  Seriously, the internet is packed with such type of talk, so I'm curious if it will be packed with others saying the same about this, or if the Shoutbox has become the worst of the worst with these "hot takes"?  :)  I'm being partly serious after observing the frequency of these intensely programmed reactions, especially toward players of a team you love.  If the people in the sh*tbox were being sincere rather than just being degenerates., I would think maybe you could through social media lobby the coach to take action.  Otherwise, to me the level of accusations do not seem sincere or warranted.   It seems Edmunds is hated almost as much or more than you or others hated Beaseky, both being Pro-Bowl/All Pro selections and not  Aaron Maybin types.

Andy did you hear about this one?

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)  

Being staff seemed unable to train an elite legend how to run, Cole Beasley is my backup.

15 hours ago, StraightJ said:

There seemed to me to be a bad mojo overlying the game that for the most part seemed to lift in the 3rd quarter for the Bills offense at least, and then for the injuries.  At some point last season, I began considering the handful of weekends with numerous unlikely outcomes.  This season, the first 2 weeks I noticed themes of multiple unusual events under a similar theme.  The first week it was the missed field goals at the end, at  least one of which had a very odd(to me) looking "knuckle ball" type of motion to it, which likely wouldn't have stood out to me without the number of other misses before it.  The second week, the theme seemed to be huge comebacks, along with huge near-comebacks.  ESPN listed a stat(I think after MNF) that there were 3 4th qtr comebacks of 13 or more points.  The stat then said it had not happened since 1992, IIRC.  At least 1 was a 21 point deficit in the 4th qtr...the first in history if I got what the ESPN folks were mocking the team(I think Ravens) about.

When the Bills had their first 2 rare punts(I'm not sure when their last punt was last season) in however long, the receiving team fumbled both!  I'm not sure if anyone could somehow measure the probability of that while also factoring in the rareness of their punts, but if possible I'd be eager to know.  While I know better than to state any hypothesis...but...

At some point I'd like to start a thread dedicated to noticing an increase in the frequency of oddities/unusual groupings of things(including that 1 playoff weekend where 3 of the 4 games came down to the wire, and the one that didn't almost did).  If I don't, I figure somebody, somewhere, will eventually do so.

Bill Tuohy has been doing it for years

I thought TE had one of his best games as a Bill last night. The DJ hit was awful, and TE needs to understand that play was over,  player was touched down by DJ! TE may not be the brightest bulb though, or he was trying to inflict a little more onto that Titan player!? There definitely seemed to be some animosity/disgust between the 2 teams. Diggs actions and actions against him, B. Harts incident, etc...