The hype is unreal

1 hour ago, regor007 said:

I don't like being the medias sweetheart.

I remember some years ago, some talking head on NFL Network picked the Bills to ruin the table (Pre-Allen). Yeah, we didn't make the playoffs

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

2 hours ago, HipKat said:

I remember some years ago, some talking head on NFL Network picked the Bills to ruin the table (Pre-Allen). Yeah, we didn't make the playoffs

Completely different team.  I think this team can make the playoffs, but I am not sold on the Superbowl.

Anyone that looks at all the factors that go into rankings can come up with this before the season starts.  It's just making the best guess.  Now comes the human factor and injuries to blow that shit up.  Enjoy it for now with a slight smile not a pounding dance.  

• Like 1

wynona's big brown beaver cowboys GIF by Primus

1 hour ago, Victor7 said:

This comes with the territory of having football's ultimate weapon and a roster full of ballers. This is what we wanted. For years we have complained about never being taken seriously. Now all of a sudden we feel like its "too much" ??

Nah, if this guys are to win it all they are gonna have to learn how to deal with the bright lights and the lofty expectations. Being the under the radar up and coming team is cool, don't get me wrong. But at some point you gotta cash in. This is the time for us. They better be ready. 

In any case I prefer this over the absolute neglect and indifference we have always been subject too. 

I agree with you 100% but I will add somethin to it.

When you are building a team and begin to win games and assemble a competitive team you start getting respect and you are the underdog (bills 2019-2021) then it comes a point when you become the top team (2022) and you have to expect that every team is going to play you like is a playoff game or even a super bowl game.

The bills better be prepared to be the top dogs and play like one and expect every game to be thought. They will not be the underdog for a while...

• Like 1

I have been thinking about this, and it may be the third Labatt Blue (hey like I said earlier it starts like Bud, but it is flavorful enough that it grows on you) but my take is that the Bills have the talent to deserve the hype.  The question is do they have the mindset.  Last season the hype was similar and they ate it up and bought completely into it and played very sloppy against the Steelers.  Then they thought after they beat the Chiefs by almost 20 that they had won it all and so they mentally relaxed until the second half of the Bucs game when they finally woke the fuck up and started playing consistent.  IF they come out angry and disciplined then they have a decent shot at winning it all.  Its all about where is their mindset at.  

• Like 2

Welcome to the world of big time NFL FOOTBALL.  This is where the big boys play. It's been a long time but the Kelly Bills were before the internet took off. This is uncharted waters for Buffalo fans. Tomorrow morning the Bills will be Great or Suck ,that's the way it is....I really don't give a fuck what the sports media says.

48 minutes ago, George said:

Welcome to the world of big time NFL FOOTBALL.  This is where the big boys play. It's been a long time but the Kelly Bills were before the internet took off. This is uncharted waters for Buffalo fans. Tomorrow morning the Bills will be Great or Suck ,that's the way it is....I really don't give a fuck what the sports media says.

If they don't suck tomorrow, it'll just have to wait until their next loss. and if you ask Sean it may even be before that.

• Like 1

I'm not buying into the hype at all! Especially after some of the performances last season. it wont be that easy this season.

Every season there is a few teams kicking ass that just choke in the end. It isn't how you start it is how you finish.

The main thing I was impressed with last season was how they caught fire at the end, that was exactly what you wanted. Then a golden opportunity was put out by bad coaching. Like years before. The Texans playoff game was a choke too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bv said:

I'm not buying into the hype at all! Especially after some of the performances last season. it wont be that easy this season.

Every season there is a few teams kicking ass that just choke in the end. It isn't how you start it is how you finish.

The main thing I was impressed with last season was how they caught fire at the end, that was exactly what you wanted. Then a golden opportunity was put out by bad coaching. Like years before. The Texans playoff game was a choke too.

For that matter so was the Jags game and the AFCCG.  Why does McD always embrace his inner Schottenheimer in the post season?

• Like 1

Still a whole lotta football left, but they didn't buy the hype tonight.  They lived up to it.  Last year this team sputtered in the first half and I saw that happening again, but they cleaned up and played harder.  This team needs to clean some stuff up, but I have no complaints from tonight.