What Are Your Pre-Game Bills Rituals if You Are NOT Going to the Game?

SpikedLemonade

8 hours ago, Herodotus said:

1. Gotta cook the food, in the pre season its basic fair, brats, burgers but this season-at least for the opener I am thinking of oppositional food so I will be making leg of lamb for the LA game.

2. Then it's time to find a stream of the game and hook up the laptop to the TV or else watch the game on TV.

3. Then I mute the TV and see if I can get Murph, Kelso, and Sal for the play by play.  If I can't, I play classical music or an epic film soundtrack 

4. I put on the Jack Kemp jersey and for the next three hours my neighbors assume I am far crazier than I am.

5. I comment on the game Here and at the Zone

6. Starting last year I will be doing my preemptive game balls and game Goats somewhere between 30 minutes prior to Kickoff and the end of the 1st quarter.

Excellent choice on the lamb.

That would be my choice as well.

Probably on the roto of the Big Green Egg using charcoal.

However, the wife and I are in St John Newfoundland for the first time on the Opening Night and we are going to have to be in a sports bar on George Street for that one.  Vacation was planned well before the NFL released this season's schedule in April.

For the next game at home against the Titans, I know Shiva is coming over and I expect the weather to be good enough to watch the game outside on the hot tub TV where all the outdoor cooking toys are.  Tennessee always screams BBQ so I am sure the electric smoker will be going with ribs and perhaps something even chunkier on the BGE like a smoked brisket.  It is also an opportunity to get the wood burning pizza oven going for half time pizzas however I will no doubt be too drunk to master cooking thin crusts pizza so maybe I make a deep dish instead beforehand to bake and wear the long oven gloves to make sure I don't burn myself.  Using some of the brisket and some of the baked beans on the pizza as toppings with a BBQ sauce rather than tomato sauce also makes sense if combined with a smokey cheese.

I get my ankle replaced some time in September so I may have to have pedestrian meals for the Dolphins (fish usually grilled fresh tuna steaks) and Ravens (smoked whole turkey wings and a Cornish Hens on the roto) games rather than anything lavish.

Steelers are usually a veal and provolone steak sandwich and the Chiefs typically would be a different kind of BBQ, baked beans and burnt ends....

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

On 8/5/2022 at 4:08 PM, seandelevan said:

Just a heads up on the Sunday ticket streaming….stay away from social media or the shoutbox during the game…it’s usually 2-3 sometimes 4 plays behind live tv.

Oh I’m well aware. First time I streamed a game over the Internet was in 1998 (audio only) when Flutie ran the final play in against the undefeated Jags. I was getting emails about the play before I heard it lol.

• Laugh 2

4 minutes ago, pkschul said:

Oh I’m well aware. First time I streamed a game over the Internet was in 1998 (audio only) when Flutie ran the final play in against the undefeated Jags. I was getting emails about the play before I heard it lol.

Haha yup I remember those days. It was completely free to listen to games on nfl.com if I recall. My favorite was the first year Sunday Ticket did online streaming. Lions game when we had Kyle Orton. Tied game with a minute left the Bills just received the ball….the stream froze…5 seconds later it buffers and then I see Jim Schwartz being carried off the field and the score 17-14. I was screaming WHAT THE FUCK!?!? 

• Laugh 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

1 minute ago, seandelevan said:

Haha yup I remember those days. It was completely free to listen to games on nfl.com if I recall. My favorite was the first year Sunday Ticket did online streaming. Lions game when we had Kyle Orton. Tied game with a minute left the Bills just received the ball….the stream froze…5 seconds later it buffers and then I see Jim Schwartz being carried off the field and the score 17-14. I was screaming WHAT THE FUCK!?!? 

Honestly I love the pessimism you bring here.  I will already say season is over.  Poyer's arm is fucked and Tre not back until October.  Season over man.

• Laugh 2

3 hours ago, Bumbles247 said:

Keeping with the numerical format -

1 - Go to the local diner about 10:00 AM for breakfast.

2 - Drink my coffee left-handed, with exactly one refill. No more, no less.

3 - Go to the local supermarket for supplies, especially for whatever crockpot dish I'm making that day.

4 - After leaving the supermarket I drive around the block. Where I live, around the block is about 3 miles. Oh, and if the Bills lost the week before I change directions. Otherwise, it's the same.

5 - Go to Family Dollar for more supplies like toilet paper because by now I have to take a massive local diner shit. And always pick up a package of chocolate covered almonds.

6 - Get home and get the crock pot meal going so it's ready for the later games.

7 - Do a last-minute check of my fantasy leagues.

8 - Get multiple feed links of the Bills game set into my favorites on my streamer. That way if one quits working I already have a backup or two in place. Then add links to the most important fantasy games for watching during commercials.

9 - Tell myself how stupid all that superstition is and then watch the Bills.

So the food at this local diner induces massive shits or you already had a cannon ball in the cannon and it is merely time to light the fuse?

You can see from my photos that pre-game craps are such a H-U-G-E component of my pre-game rituals that I have dedicated a bathroom to that experience.

I would NEVER take that experience on the road.

It must be in the Bills bathroom otherwise I expect a Bills loss.

I fear the Thursday Opener because I will be crapping in St John's Newfoundland.

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

NOT much mention of attire here so far gentlemen.

After that last game I gathered all of my Bills marked clothing, towels, blankets, etc. a XL clear garbage bag and thought for 2 weeks whether to simply light it all on fire.

Needless to say I wear only Bills clothing on game day from head to toe.

10 hours ago, SpikedLemonade said:

NOT much mention of attire here so far gentlemen.

After that last game I gathered all of my Bills marked clothing, towels, blankets, etc. a XL clear garbage bag and thought for 2 weeks whether to simply light it all on fire.

Needless to say I wear only Bills clothing on game day from head to toe.

I have gotten really nice, expensive Bills gear as gifts over the years but on game day I always have the same Bills t-shirt I've been wearing for the past 20-some-years and the same Bills sweatshirt I've worn for over 30 years. 

I'll wear the new, nice stuff during the week when I get our of my work clothes. 

5 hours ago, bcw said:

First if all......anything different from a 1 o'clock Sunday start sucks. I like my Bills in that time spot and it totally throws off my game day if it is any thing but 1 o'clock.

I watch any 1 or 4 o'clock games at my mom and dad's. It's the house I grew up watching the Bills in. I've been watching there for 50 years and things don't feel right watching anywhere else.

For prime time games I absolutely never watch at a bar.....I can't take the negative fans and there always seems to be a Dolphin fan behind me commenting about every play that doesn't go in our favor.

I have tried going to friend's for prime time games but my wife has to really twist my arm for that to work, even if they are big Bills fans too. I mean.....what if I don't get a good seat or if someone thinks it's ok to talk over the game. I've tried but it just doesn't work.

I don't drink during Bills games any more. I need to be focused. Even if I go to the game I'll only have a beer or 2 in the parking lot. My how times have changed.

Second this. I haven’t watched a Bills game, with other Bills fans(besides my wife) in 10 years. It’s actually kind of nice to have the whole man cave to myself (wife “watches” for a half before sneaking away to do whatever she does) so I can make a complete fool of myself screaming and yelling at the TV. There were a couple years I watched bills games at bills backer bar but it was kinda lame…didn’t help that it was the JP Losman era Bills so who knows? 

• Like 2

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg