Contenders? Pretenders?

Coach'sUncle'sSon

The thread title was of my making, not Sharp's. A lot of shit is going on here. In a negative way. I'm not sure if God is giving me warnings how the season will be, or if He's raining all kinds of bad stuff on me in exchange for a Super Bowl win... I must be over 1000 WTF's already and the season didn't start yet...

USAToday went out on a HUGE limb:

It took a whole lotta praying to get to last year's record, I'll need help to hit 15 wins... I may need to go celebate for that many. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zan186 said:

My biggest concern is the Bills Secondary, followed by the Offensive Line.  Tre White being out for an extended period of time will definitely hurt the defense against top WR's with great QB's.  Elam needs to get really good, really fast.  The D-line looks vastly improved, so that should help the secondary a bit.  Poyers injury shouldn't be too big of a factor, as long as he stays conditioned and starts game 1.   Season opener against the Rams should set the tone for how good the Bills are.  The Rams won the SB, but I don't think they were the best team in the league last year.  I think KC/Buffalo were the two best teams but KC got a lucky coin toss and advanced.  I think the Titans, Colts and Bungles are going to be tough teams to beat this year.  Although the big question is if the DT's we signed improve our run defense.  If Phillips and Settle become a wall inside....the Colts, Titans and Bungles are less scary.   Basically, I see the AFC being the far superior division this year.  Rams, Cowboys, SF, GB, and Tampa are all very good solid teams but I think they are all weaker than the best AFC teams.

Was Elam the DB that got a lot of penalties in college for interference or grabbing the WR, or was that someone else? We haven't seen him in an NFL game yet...

10 hours ago, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

And in the big game we played like a rookie team that didn't know how to win yet 

We did in the final 13 seconds. For 59 minutes and 47 seconds they played like champs. Someone needs to write on the blackboard that football is AT LEAST a 60 minute game so Coach McClappy and Frazier can take notes and remember that for next time. Still pissed they lost the game and it been 7 months now. 

1 hour ago, Greg said:

We did in the final 13 seconds. For 59 minutes and 47 seconds they played like champs. Someone needs to write on the blackboard that football is AT LEAST a 60 minute game so Coach McClappy and Frazier can take notes and remember that for next time. Still pissed they lost the game and it been 7 months now. 

There was a series or two midway through that saw the offense indecisive where we should have gotten at least three points.

7 minutes ago, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

There was a series or two midway through that saw the offense indecisive where we should have gotten at least three points.

Stuff like that happens all the time with all teams. Momentum changes in the game and the best teams have a series or plays that don't work out. But 13 seconds that should never happen. 

On 8/3/2022 at 4:50 PM, seandelevan said:

My concerns: 

when our D played good to very good qbs….they looked like dog shit. Even against the Steelers…Fat Fuck Big Ben was still getting the ball out FAST. This year we are playing more elite qbs and I think the D will be exposed. 

Good news is I think our offense should be able to keep up. 

EXCEPT…if McDermott keeps his hands off the offense. Rumor out of camp is the Bills are running a lot of 12 set personnel…aka running the ball with 2 tight ends. I’m worried McDermott is going up to Dorsey and saying ‘we are going to run the ball…milk some clock.…give my D a rest’. This worries the fuck out of me. 

Sean, when aren't you worried?

• Laugh 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, seandelevan said:

These were the series where it was pretty obvious McDermott told Daboll to run three straight run plays to milk the clock….

I remember throws to the sideline accomplishing nothing. Like our offense couldn't be trusted or our kicker. If true fine but we left points behind then that we needed later.