Proposal WITHOUT Lit's Approval -- A MOD Group of 3 with Real Powers -- Who Do You Suggest?

10 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Using the N word is a form of racism...whether you wanna acknowledge it or not.

This is not up for debate 

it’s definitely up for debate

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

3 hours ago, jc856 said:

JLB had over 60,000 posts. 

you did say “ever”.

True I did, but I can only go by what I can see. I don’t know who that was

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

3 hours ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Ok, but I wouldn't recommend it amongst blacks in a setting where you can be confronted

That may very well be, but let’s look at this objectively. First of all this bullshit that when they say it to each other they’re not saying it with the R on the end is ridiculous nonsense. That’s just some crazy shit somebody made up to try to justify it. Second of all, it’s just a damn word. It really should not carry much more weight than calling somebody a faggot which happens on here, I’ve been way guilty of that. As have other people and it hasn’t caused any kind of an uproar. And the N-word gets the kind of attention that it gets because Black people have used it to justify their own racism. And white Crusaders, in an attempt to look sympathetic have picked it up and run with it.

The fact of the matter is that almost everybody has tried to find a middle ground by saying there’s a difference between a black person and a, ummm, “N-word”. And that there are white “N-words” (for the record, I bet meathead would not be objective to me using the actual word here, but, sensitivities and all).

It’s all bullshit and the people that I specifically described definitely fall into that category.

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

11 minutes ago, HipKat said:

That may very well be, but let’s look at this objectively. First of all this bullshit that when they say it to each other they’re not saying it with the R on the end is ridiculous nonsense. That’s just some crazy shit somebody made up to try to justify it. Second of all, it’s just a damn word. It really should not carry much more weight than calling somebody a faggot which happens on here, I’ve been way guilty of that. As have other people and it hasn’t caused any kind of an uproar. And the N-word gets the kind of attention that it gets because Black people have used it to justify their own racism. And white Crusaders, in an attempt to look sympathetic have picked it up and run with it.

The fact of the matter is that almost everybody has tried to find a middle ground by saying there’s a difference between a black person and a, ummm, “N-word”. And that there are white “N-words” (for the record, I bet meathead would not be objective to me using the actual word here, but, sensitivities and all).

It’s all bullshit and the people that I specifically described definitely fall into that category.

I agree with you for the most part...still the fact remains that it's a very bad look to use it as a white male.

Plus, you did this before and knew what reaction it was going to have 

You should have known better. Isn't that what a MOD is all about?

12 hours ago, HipKat said:

OK, I'd rather do this in a PM, but since sending PM's seems to be broken, at least to @LiterateStylish(See the image - there's no text box to actually write a message) (or he has Messages turned off?), I'll do this here.

First, I apologize that my post offended people's sensitivities in how I described my attitude about the criminal element in the black community and the people who glorify it. There's never been a time on here - or almost anywhere - where I shied away form being very blunt and direct. Meathead would have cringed - but appreciated and addressed the actual issues and others on here pointed that out. It does seem odd that on a forum where people use the worst insults and threats, that would be taken the way it was, but OK, I was wrong and I'm sorry.

I was here as a non-mod for 5 years and as a mod for 2 weeks so the accusations of being "butthurt" are just baseless. However, one thing about being a Mod I did relish and do miss is cleaning up the ridiculous way some people post by editing to correct spelling, add line breaks, reduce font size, over-sized pictures, etc and the two times I merged threads that were the same thing, like Bowman's three Covid Death threads. It was satisfying, just doing those little things, tidying up.

Keep in mind, Lit, you never set any parameters or guidance other than "Don't ban anyone". 

So, here's my proposal. First off, obviously, restore the Moderator. I spend as much if not more time here as anyone else. Hell, I've posted more than anyone else, ever has. And under the radar, I'm sure, for a long time I've started more sports related threads than political.

Another thing I'd do is immediately squash this insane amount of feuding between Spike and, well, just about everyone else on here. If you truly wanted to see more people not shy away from posting, the call-out threads in particular and the warring needs to be stifled. I'm not talking about censoring people, but it's become a massive distraction and I guarantee it's the reason why more people have posted less than ever. Even sports threads are getting almost no replies, because the people who normally do are sick of the Shoutbox and Political thread distractions. So the Callouts and non-stop thread hijacking would get my immediate attention. The fact that's mostly, almost exclusively in the Politics Section fits the "Politics Moderator" title, anyway.

Look one thing that was surprising is that even the people I typically don't get along with, were for the most part cool with me being a Mod. I think even Bowman came around. And one thing that separates me from most people is that I'm not part of any clique on here. So there's no favoritism - which you would certainly see with Shiva/Spike and apparently now, Hero.

Sorry I had to post this in public, and I wasn't even going to ask, just let it go, but I see what's going here this week and it's out of control, so I'm asking, in front of everyone here, already knowing it's going to get attacked by some people, would you please reconsider and let this move forward from here?

Screenshot_14.png

For the most part, you did a decent job.  Only one or two complaints from me.  Fine with me if you're reinstated.

download.jpg

5 hours ago, jc856 said:

Yep

He would just post on that counting backwards thread like a champion.

The rest of his posts were short one word posts as well.

Pure pablum.

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

12 hours ago, SpikedLemonade said:

What if it took a vote of at least 2 of the 3 Mods to ban someone?

Lit -- Would this NOT make sense?

Let's say it is you, Shiva and Daryls as these 3 Mods.

If Daryls attempted to exercise a personal agenda to ban Thin White Turd, he could NOT do it alone as HipKat did on me.  Daryls would have to convince one of you and Shiva to join him in the vote to ban Thin White Turd.  As such, you and Shiva could stop the abuse of power by Daryls if you felt Thin White Turd was not deserving of a ban.

I think this would work and perhaps to give everyone an opportunity to modify their own behaviour before this worthy change here, this new regime could be implemented effective August 1st.

That would also give the time needed to discuss the new rules of engagement here, the posters who will be exiting time to find another site to spread their toxic poison (plenty of far right extremist sites out there that can serve as their echo chamber) and PhillyFairy to find a better looking wife (just look out your window).

What do you think?

• Downvote 1
  • Poop 1

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

7 hours ago, SpikedLemonade said:

Lit -- Would this NOT make sense?

Let's say it is you, Shiva and Daryls as these 3 Mods.

If Daryls attempted to exercise a personal agenda to ban Thin White Turd, he could NOT do it alone as HipKat did on me.  Daryls would have to convince one of you and Shiva to join him in the vote to ban Thin White Turd.  As such, you and Shiva could stop the abuse of power by Daryls if you felt Thin White Turd was not deserving of a ban.

I think this would work and perhaps to give everyone an opportunity to modify their own behaviour before this worthy change here, this new regime could be implemented effective August 1st.

That would also give the time needed to discuss the new rules of engagement here, the posters who will be exiting time to find another site to spread their toxic poison (plenty of far right extremist sites out there that can serve as their echo chamber) and PhillyFairy to find a better looking wife (just look out your window).

What do you think?

Just cause you are insecure and fell victim to the mocking of your wife doesn't mean that I am. Matter of fact...I'm completely secure in myself and my beautiful family.

Maybe this is why you haven't been able to keep the women that vowed to always love and cherish you, and why your kids suffered?

You may be my senior, but by all accounts...it is I who holds superiority over you, Junior

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpikedLemonade said:

Lit — I sense a consensus to my proposal 

You cannot be this stupid by accident

• Laugh 1
  • Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

31 minutes ago, 212frawk said:

omg.  the biggest proponent of misinformation and lies a mod?  fuck.that.

“Misinformation” 🤣, you lefties really are special! Did they make you wear a helmet when you were in state custody?