Proposal WITHOUT Lit's Approval -- A MOD Group of 3 with Real Powers -- Who Do You Suggest?

THIS PROPOSAL IS WITHOUT LIT'S APPROVAL.

Lit has offered Shiva the Moderator position.  That has been confirmed.  Shiva has not yet accepted the offer.

Shiva does NOT want to do it alone due his time constraints in real life, not knowing the technical side of the board's software and that he is reluctant to be a cop.

I propose a Moderator Group of 3 with real powers to remove the toxicity of The Buffalo Range.  Obviously, I have a career background and education in Organizational Behaviour.  That is what I do.  It has to be 3 and NOT 4 since there will be tough decisions where a tie break is necessary.

Lit and Shiva would be two of those Moderators.

Lit is a busy man in real life who at times is away from this place for a week or more.

Shiva is here more however his interests are numerous so he cannot be here 24/7.

The 3rd Moderator has to be someone who is here a lot to compliment Lit and Shiva.

Who do you suggest?

Here are a couple of names to think about for the 3rd Mod.

How about Daryls?

How about StraightJ?

Any other names that should be considered?

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

Not sure what this sock puppet/multi-account of one of the many racists here said -- I am NOT unIGNORING anymore -- however I am sure it is enlightening.

Lit -- Can you just NOT delete this obvious fake user and deal with the real poster who created it accordingly?

It would be a start to removing some of the toxicity here?

• Downvote 1

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

I don’t want Shiva anywhere near a MOD position. Keep Vic, HK make George and jc856 a MOD I wouldn’t mind Sackman too. George and JC856 makes the most sense and MH would have wanted it that way I believe. SJ would be fine too, and he’s done it before.

OK, I'd rather do this in a PM, but since sending PM's seems to be broken, at least to @LiterateStylish(See the image - there's no text box to actually write a message) (or he has Messages turned off?), I'll do this here.

First, I apologize that my post offended people's sensitivities in how I described my attitude about the criminal element in the black community and the people who glorify it. There's never been a time on here - or almost anywhere - where I shied away form being very blunt and direct. Meathead would have cringed - but appreciated and addressed the actual issues and others on here pointed that out. It does seem odd that on a forum where people use the worst insults and threats, that would be taken the way it was, but OK, I was wrong and I'm sorry.

I was here as a non-mod for 5 years and as a mod for 2 weeks so the accusations of being "butthurt" are just baseless. However, one thing about being a Mod I did relish and do miss is cleaning up the ridiculous way some people post by editing to correct spelling, add line breaks, reduce font size, over-sized pictures, etc and the two times I merged threads that were the same thing, like Bowman's three Covid Death threads. It was satisfying, just doing those little things, tidying up.

Keep in mind, Lit, you never set any parameters or guidance other than "Don't ban anyone". 

So, here's my proposal. First off, obviously, restore the Moderator. I spend as much if not more time here as anyone else. Hell, I've posted more than anyone else, ever has. And under the radar, I'm sure, for a long time I've started more sports related threads than political.

Another thing I'd do is immediately squash this insane amount of feuding between Spike and, well, just about everyone else on here. If you truly wanted to see more people not shy away from posting, the call-out threads in particular and the warring needs to be stifled. I'm not talking about censoring people, but it's become a massive distraction and I guarantee it's the reason why more people have posted less than ever. Even sports threads are getting almost no replies, because the people who normally do are sick of the Shoutbox and Political thread distractions. So the Callouts and non-stop thread hijacking would get my immediate attention. The fact that's mostly, almost exclusively in the Politics Section fits the "Politics Moderator" title, anyway.

Look one thing that was surprising is that even the people I typically don't get along with, were for the most part cool with me being a Mod. I think even Bowman came around. And one thing that separates me from most people is that I'm not part of any clique on here. So there's no favoritism - which you would certainly see with Shiva/Spike and apparently now, Hero.

Sorry I had to post this in public, and I wasn't even going to ask, just let it go, but I see what's going here this week and it's out of control, so I'm asking, in front of everyone here, already knowing it's going to get attacked by some people, would you please reconsider and let this move forward from here?

Screenshot_14.png

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

16 minutes ago, HipKat said:

OK, I'd rather do this in a PM, but since sending PM's seems to be broken, at least to @LiterateStylish(See the image - there's no text box to actually write a message) (or he has Messages turned off?), I'll do this here.

First, I apologize that my post offended people's sensitivities in how I described my attitude about the criminal element in the black community and the people who glorify it. There's never been a time on here - or almost anywhere - where I shied away form being very blunt and direct. Meathead would have cringed - but appreciated and addressed the actual issues and others on here pointed that out. It does seem odd that on a forum where people use the worst insults and threats, that would be taken the way it was, but OK, I was wrong and I'm sorry.

I was here as a non-mod for 5 years and as a mod for 2 weeks so the accusations of being "butthurt" are just baseless. However, one thing about being a Mod I did relish and do miss is cleaning up the ridiculous way some people post by editing to correct spelling, add line breaks, reduce font size, over-sized pictures, etc and the two times I merged threads that were the same thing, like Bowman's three Covid Death threads. It was satisfying, just doing those little things, tidying up.

Keep in mind, Lit, you never set any parameters or guidance other than "Don't ban anyone". 

So, here's my proposal. First off, obviously, restore the Moderator. I spend as much if not more time here as anyone else. Hell, I've posted more than anyone else, ever has. And under the radar, I'm sure, for a long time I've started more sports related threads than political.

Another thing I'd do is immediately squash this insane amount of feuding between Spike and, well, just about everyone else on here. If you truly wanted to see more people not shy away from posting, the call-out threads in particular and the warring needs to be stifled. I'm not talking about censoring people, but it's become a massive distraction and I guarantee it's the reason why more people have posted less than ever. Even sports threads are getting almost no replies, because the people who normally do are sick of the Shoutbox and Political thread distractions. So the Callouts and non-stop thread hijacking would get my immediate attention. The fact that's mostly, almost exclusively in the Politics Section fits the "Politics Moderator" title, anyway.

Look one thing that was surprising is that even the people I typically don't get along with, were for the most part cool with me being a Mod. I think even Bowman came around. And one thing that separates me from most people is that I'm not part of any clique on here. So there's no favoritism - which you would certainly see with Shiva/Spike and apparently now, Hero.

Sorry I had to post this in public, and I wasn't even going to ask, just let it go, but I see what's going here this week and it's out of control, so I'm asking, in front of everyone here, already knowing it's going to get attacked by some people, would you please reconsider and let this move forward from here?

Screenshot_14.png

Sorry, but anyone who chooses to repeatedly use the N word...and then who doubled down afterwards and did it again must never be in a position of MOD ever again. I'd argue you should have been perma banned for hate speech and racism...which their is no place for this anywhere. 

I did think you were doing an OK job up until that point, and I gave you credit for that. It's a shame you decided to be a racist POS here, and Lit was right to remove you for it. Also...fuck your apology. You are only apologizing because you are butthurt about losing MOD duties. You hold racist views and cannot be relied upon due to this...as well as your other flaws such as your outbursts attacking others and even ignoring certain posters because you can't deal with them.

You had one shot...and you blew it, as usual.

Deal with it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichJ said:

I don't think those who go around saying America sucks should be mods especially in a political forum.  It's over before it even begins. 

That's why they are trying to be MODS

They want to decimate this board and finally win for once...even if it's just a stupid little message board. It means everything to these Canadians that lose to Americans everyday.

Lit will have to reverse course if he does make the mistake of giving the washed up geezer MOD capabilities 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

That's why they are trying to be MODS

They want to decimate this board and finally win for once...even if it's just a stupid little message board. It means everything to these Canadians that lose to Americans everyday.

Lit will have to reverse course if he does make the mistake of giving the washed up geezer MOD capabilities 

They are Hitler Trudeau wananbes

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Angry Byrds said:

I don’t want Shiva anywhere near a MOD position. Keep Vic, HK make George and jc856 a MOD I wouldn’t mind Sackman too. George and JC856 makes the most sense and MH would have wanted it that way I believe. SJ would be fine too, and he’s done it before.

Vic is a great mod but he isnt here enough.

• Like 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

3 hours ago, HipKat said:

Screenshot_14.png

The thing with an open forum is that everyone loves it until someone does something that others dont like.

• Like 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

12 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

The thing with an open forum is that everyone loves it until someone does something that others dont like.

Well you can’t have it both ways. Either it’s all the way open or it’s not. Meathead had this idea of people just being generally nicer to each other. No threats of violence, cutting out personal attacks and two things happened. One, nobody paid attention to it and the other was he was just too sick to really be on top of it. But that’s not what people want here anyhow.

Most of the people who post here on a regular basis like the wild west atmosphere. So you have to find a balance because the wild, wild West is driving other people who typically are more conversational away. That is not even disputable. We know it’s true because a lot of them have said that on the rare times that they make an appearance.

my own take is that open forum is the best option because those are far in few between. But at the same time, setting some kind of boundaries so that things don’t get completely out of control. Right now things are very out of control when it comes to the feuds and the callout threads that mostly center around the spike. I’m not saying he’s the blame for all of them, he’s not but he’s involved in those need to be regulated, in my opinion. Maybe not completely removed but at least toned down. 

I think all of us would agree that would be a good option and the other thing I’d like to see is people stop altering other users names. If you want to beat the shit out of each other, verbally, fine go ahead it but stop with the changing peoples names. Very wide ass, sack of shit, blow man, and I know I’m guilty of some of those but I have gotten away from it.

Again, just my own opinion but I think those are two good boundaries to set.

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

SJ would be perfect. He has done it before and I think he absolutely wants everyone to get along. 

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

20 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

SJ is gone for 6+ months at a time and then will return to write a 30 page dissertation before leaving again. 

Daryl would be good but he'd ban TWD in a nano-second.

What if it took a vote of at least 2 of the 3 Mods to ban someone?

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

SJ is gone for 6+ months at a time and then will return to write a 30 page dissertation before leaving again. 

Daryl would be good but he'd ban TWD in a nano-second.

George and jc856

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Sorry, but anyone who chooses to repeatedly use the N word...and then who doubled down afterwards and did it again must never be in a position of MOD ever again. I'd argue you should have been perma banned for hate speech and racism...which their is no place for this anywhere. 

I did think you were doing an OK job up until that point, and I gave you credit for that. It's a shame you decided to be a racist POS here, and Lit was right to remove you for it. Also...fuck your apology. You are only apologizing because you are butthurt about losing MOD duties. You hold racist views and cannot be relied upon due to this...as well as your other flaws such as your outbursts attacking others and even ignoring certain posters because you can't deal with them.

You had one shot...and you blew it, as usual.

Deal with it

Yeah, that’s really not racism. Those may have been racist terms but racism is saying I hate all Black people and white people are the superior race. That’s not what I said. I intentionally used the same words that the people I was talking about use on a regular basis, and believe that only they are allowed to use them, which actually is racist. I guarantee you that Meat used the N-word way more often on here than I did in that one post

Seek help. soflabillsfan

3 hours ago, SpikedLemonade said:

What if it took a vote of at least 2 of the 3 Mods to ban someone?

Lit doesn’t believe in banning people

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, Angry Byrds said:

George and jc856

If he’s going to use people that aren’t here all the time as an example then George is one of those people, but I’m pretty sure he’s not here all the time because of what I said above

Seek help. soflabillsfan

7 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Yeah, that’s really not racism. Those may have been racist terms but racism is saying I hate all Black people and white people are the superior race. That’s not what I said. I intentionally used the same words that the people I was talking about use on a regular basis, and believe that only they are allowed to use them, which actually is racist. I guarantee you that Meat used the N-word way more often on here than I did in that one post

Using the N word is a form of racism...whether you wanna acknowledge it or not.

This is not up for debate 

13 minutes ago, jc856 said:

Not true.

Sure about that? 

Seek help. soflabillsfan