Donald Trump plotted fake electors scheme, January 6 panel set to show

HipKat

The House select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol attack is expected to show at its fourth hearing on Tuesday that Donald Trump and top advisers coordinated the scheme to send fake slates of electors as part of an effort to return him to the White House.

The panel is expected to also examine Trump’s campaign to pressure top officials in seven crucial battleground states to corruptly reverse his defeat to Joe Biden in the weeks and months after the 2020 election.

At the afternoon hearing, the select committee is expected to focus heavily on the fake electors scheme, which has played a large part in its nearly year-long investigation into Trump’s effort to overturn the results of the election at the state level.

The panel will show how the fake electors scheme – which may have been illegal – was the underlying basis for Trump’s unlawful strategy to have his vice-president, Mike Pence, refuse to certify Biden’s win in certain states and grant him a second term.

If the 2020 election cycle had been like any other when the electoral college convened on 14 December 2020 and Democratic electors attested to Biden’s victory over Trump, that would have marked the end of any post-election period conflict.

But that year, after the authorized Democratic electors met at statehouses to formally name Biden as president, in seven battleground states, illegitimate Republican electors arrived too, saying they had come to instead name Trump as president.

The Trump electors were turned away. However, they nonetheless proceeded to sign fake election certificates that declared they were the “duly elected and qualified” electors certifying Trump as the winner of the presidential election in their state.

The fake electors scheme was conceived in an effort to create “dueling” slates of electors that Pence could use to pretend the election was in doubt and refuse to formalize Biden’s win at the congressional certification on 6 January.

And, the select committee will show, the fake election certificates were in part manufactured by the Trump White House, and that the entire fake electors scheme was coordinated by Trump and his top advisers, including former chief of staff Mark Meadows.

“We will show evidence of the president’s involvement in this scheme,” congressman Adam Schiff, the select committee member leading the hearing alongside the panel’s chairman, Bennie Thompson, and vice-chair, Liz Cheney, said on CNN on Sunday.

Members of Trump’s legal team insist this is a distorted characterization of the scheme, saying the so-called alternate slates were put together and signed in case that states did re-certify their election results for Trump and they needed to be sent right away to Congress.

But that explanation is difficult to reconcile given Trump lawyer John Eastman admitted in a 19 December 2020 the Trump slates were “dead on arrival” if they were not certified, and yet still pushed Pence to reject Biden’s slates even though Trump slates were still not certified.

The fake electors scheme is important because it could be a crime. The justice department is investigating whether the Republicans who signed as electors for Trump could be charged with falsifying voting documents, mail fraud or conspiracy to defraud the United States.

If Trump was involved in the scheme, and the justice department pursues a case, then the former US president may also have criminal exposure. At least one federal grand jury in Washington is investigating the scheme and the involvement of top Trump election lawyers, including Rudy Giuliani.

The select committee is also set to closely focus on Trump’s pressure campaign on leading Republican state officials in the weeks and months after the election, according to a committee aide who previewed the hearing on a briefing call with reporters.

Among other key flash points that the panel intends to examine include Trump’s now-infamous 2 January 2021 call with Georgia secretary of state Brad Raffensperger – who will testify live at the hearing – when Trump asked him to “find” votes to make him win the election.

“I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have,” Trump said during the conversation, a tape of which was obtained by the Washington Post and House investigators working for the select committee.

The select committee will describe Trump pressuring other state officials to investigate election fraud claims his own White House and campaign lawyers knew were false, relying on testimony from Arizona House speaker Rusty Bowers.

And the panel will additionally hear testimony from Shaye Moss, a Georgia election worker in Fulton County, who was falsely accused by Giuliani and others of sneaking in “suitcases” of ballots for Biden – a conspiracy debunked by election officials.

• Laugh 2

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

11 hours ago, Greg said:

giphy.gif

• Laugh 1

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

Update: Looks like Biden's endgame is to arrest MAGA politicians just before the elections. This is the stuff of fascism but no doubt the Range Leftists love it.

And so it begins, just as I predicted, and right on schedule. Yesterday the Post Millenial ran a breaking story headlined, “Biden FBI Raids Trump DOJ Official Jeffrey Clark, GOP Officials, Staffers in Multiple States in ‘Alternate Electors’ Investigation.”

According to the DOJ, based on information it obtained from alertly watching the January 6th Show, it has ALREADY empaneled a grand jury and is ALREADY mass-producing criminal subpoenas to former Trump allies and other state conservative officials as part of its criminal investigation of anyone involved in considering “alternate electors” during the 2020 presidential election.

Some state Republican parties had assembled alternate presidential electors to be ready act in case legal challenges to contested election results or recounts tipped results in Trump’s favor. The January 6th Commission has described this effort as the “fake electors scheme,” and that phrase has been found in DOJ documents related to the new investigations.

A suspicious blogger might think that this is the intended endpoint for the entire J6 Commission, to disrupt the 2022 Congressional elections by charging or arresting a whole bunch of the officials and candidates in the party about to win those elections. A suspicious blogger might think this effort started right after the qualifying periods ended last week, so that it would be too late to find replacements for disqualified candidates and wreak maximum havoc.

Good thing I’m just a credulous consumer of corporate media pabulum, so I don’t have to busy my mind with that kind of nonsense. Still, the GOP might want to start getting a bunch of lawyers on retainer. Just saying.

Don’t panic! Remember: everything they do usually backfires badly.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-biden-fbi-raids-trump-doj-official-jeffrey-clark-gop-officials-staffers-multiple-states-alternate-electors-investigation

That’s not Joe Biden arresting those politicians, that’s the department of justice and it’s based on the evidence coming out in those January 6 hearings  that you refuse to watch. Which means that you really have no say in the matter since you’re completely uninformed and ignorant about why those FBI raids are happening.

But keep reading those far right wing, heavily biased websites. I’m sure they’ll fill you in, not!

• Downvote 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

45 minutes ago, HipKat said:

That’s not Joe Biden arresting those politicians, that’s the department of justice and it’s based on the evidence coming out in those January 6 hearings  that you refuse to watch. Which means that you really have no say in the matter since you’re completely uninformed and ignorant about why those FBI raids are happening.

But keep reading those far right wing, heavily biased websites. I’m sure they’ll fill you in, not!

You mean the same DOJ that reports to Joe Biden? There is no additional evidence coming from the hearings, that's just a public spectacle. How come we haven't been able to see the hours of video tape from that day?

I love those far right sites, they seem to have a habit of being right all of the time but feel free to debonk me with web site hobbyist Van Zandt anytime brah!

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

50 minutes ago, HipKat said:

You mean the Biden DOJ that has ignored evidence against Hunter Biden, Shifty Schiff, and other Democrat crooks while arresting Republicans like Peter Navarro and placing him in leg irons?

These agencies are corrupt to the core and doing work for Dems to aid them politically.

There's no evidence that will hold up against anyone that is a target of the bogus 1/6 RINO/Dem witch hunt. It's aim is to keep a narrative alive and to try and keep MAGA politicians from running like Sack said.

They have a plan to win again by any means. They will lie, cheat, and use every tool available to achieve their goal.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

You mean the Biden DOJ that has ignored evidence against Hunter Biden, Shifty Schiff, and other Democrat crooks while arresting Republicans like Peter Navarro and placing him in leg irons?

These agencies are corrupt to the core and doing work for Dems to aid them politically.

There's no evidence that will hold up against anyone that is a target of the bogus 1/6 RINO/Dem witch hunt. It's aim is to keep a narrative alive and to try and keep MAGA politicians from running like Sack said.

They have a plan to win again by any means. They will lie, cheat, and use every tool available to achieve their goal.

Dems are gonna pay a very high price.  Good.  They DESERVE IT.

download.jpg

There is no additional evidence coming from the hearings, that's just a public spectacle. How come we haven't been able to see the hours of video tape from that day?

The hours of video tape from Jan 6th that there are literally THOUSANDS of hours of that are easily available from any "5 second internet search"?? And yes, there is a lot of new evidence - all being spilled by Trump's own fucking people. But you know, you're right, there really isn't anything new because it's all the same shit, just in more detail, that I've been saying on here since the git.

BUT, if you're not watching it, then I supposed you wouldn't know because you'd rather be willfully stupid than willfully informed

Seek help. soflabillsfan

19 hours ago, HipKat said:

I'm not watching either, did they happen to discuss the lady pulling boxes of votes from underneath the table and counting them till morning after she closed the polling place for the night?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Very Wide Right said:

I'm not watching either, did they happen to discuss the lady pulling boxes of votes from underneath the table and counting them till morning after she closed the polling place for the night?

They’re not investigating the Republicans bullshit accusations that have all been debunked, Including this one,they’re investigating the riot on January 6. The one that Donald Trump has been shown to have been 100% behind S. 

• Laugh 1
  • Poop 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, Very Wide Right said:

What a partisan shit show. How can ANY thinking person buy into this crap?

Yeah, because every single person is lying except Donald Trump. Because people who have worked their asses off to get to senior positions in government, and most of home were part of his inner circle, his closest staff members are going to lie about stuff like this while the guy who’s been proven to lie over 35,000 times is the only one telling the truth. Absolutely makes perfect sense…..

Seriously, get the fuck out of here with that bullshit

• Laugh 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

5 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Yeah, because every single person is lying except Donald Trump. Because people who have worked their asses off to get to senior positions in government, and most of home were part of his inner circle, his closest staff members are going to lie about stuff like this while the guy who’s been proven to lie over 35,000 times is the only one telling the truth. Absolutely makes perfect sense…..

Seriously, get the fuck out of here with that bullshit

Michael+Cohen%252BDonald+Trump%252BMicha

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Michael+Cohen%252BDonald+Trump%252BMicha

Who has nothing to do with what I posted, but cool deflection fail

Seek help. soflabillsfan