Happy Juneteenth everyone! What a glorious day.

How utterly and completely meaningless, just like King Day.  Don't get me wrong, I am glad that we are finally celebrating emancipation of African Americans, much like I am glad that we honor Dr. King and his role in taking a step forward as far as civil rights.  However, considering we still have defacto red lining, voter suppression of blacks and other minorities, a legal system that still sees more blacks incarcerated and serving harsher sentences, urban blight, a funding scheme for public schools that means blacks and minorities, especially those born into poverty, have a much higher hill to climb out of poverty than whites and more affluent blacks.  So yeah, its a nice gesture and as a banker I am glad to have tomorrow off, but unless we change some laws to make this a more equitable and just nation then its mostly meaningless.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Herodotus said:

How utterly and completely meaningless, just like King Day.  Don't get me wrong, I am glad that we are finally celebrating emancipation of African Americans, much like I am glad that we honor Dr. King and his role in taking a step forward as far as civil rights.  However, considering we still have defacto red lining, voter suppression of blacks and other minorities, a legal system that still sees more blacks incarcerated and serving harsher sentences, urban blight, a funding scheme for public schools that means blacks and minorities, especially those born into poverty, have a much higher hill to climb out of poverty than whites and more affluent blacks.  So yeah, its a nice gesture and as a banker I am glad to have tomorrow off, but unless we change some laws to make this a more equitable and just nation then its mostly meaningless.

Start with changing the policies of the Democratic Party.   True fascists are never liberators. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Looks like the celebration has begun, and it's manifested in the form of intimidating and scaring elderly white people.

Keep one in the chamber for those black supremacist terrorists that wanna try something funny to you or anyone you care about

WOW, these are the true animals of society. SHAMEFUL

• Like 2

If this is how this “holiday” is celebrated in the future, I suspect there will be lots of opportunities for the leftie loonies to keep pushing their separation of the masses tactics! 👎 This world needs better humans, that Is all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, direbills said:

Is Juneteenth celebrating black culture? I did not think so. I thought it was to celebrate the emancipation of slaves. Are you against celebrating that? Maybe you need to do some research.

Very Wide Right is one of the most extreme on here. He needs to be monitored. His hatred of others is very concerning. He appears to be dangerous to others. Made a comment about “Having to draw a line in the sand”. Worst of the worst…

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, Very Wide Right said:

Yes Dire dummy, we are all against slavery. The very slavery that the democrats fought so hard to maintain.

Image result for robert byrd KKKImage result for robert byrd KKKImage result for robert byrd KKKImage result for robert byrd KKK

To this day there is still a highway in West Va. named after the Klan member and democrat Robert Byrd.

Til this day, the democrats  keep them in a box in the inner cities and dictate to them how they should think and act. Anyone who thinks outside of the box or for themselves is an Uncle Tom, seLlout etc. 

More and more blacks are learning the TRUTH about  racism and racist democra party. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, direbills said:

Is Juneteenth celebrating black culture? I did not think so. I thought it was to celebrate the emancipation of slaves. Are you against celebrating that? Maybe you need to do some research.

I wrote what I did after I saw the sidebar here on the Range yesterday that referred specifically to the "[honoring of] Black culture and history." So it appears, if that's accurate, that the holiday exists to celebrate the emancipation of slaves as well as to celebrate black culture and history. Here: 

Prime-time Buffalo Rumblings Retweeted

Juneteenth is a day we celebrate the momentous anniversary of African American liberation, honor Black culture and history and recognize that the struggle to achieve freedom and justice for all continues. #Juneteenth

To answer your second question, no, I'm not against anyone celebrating it if they wish to, but it's not something I would think of celebrating. If we're all supposed to be equal, I don't see why a specific race should be honored and recognized with a holiday but not the white race or any other race.  It seems like they're pandering to the need for blacks to feel better about themselves and also to probably well-intentioned whites who feel guilt-ridden about what their ancestors may or may not have taken part in.  White Europeans and white Americans in lesser numbers, by the way, were regularly enslaved by Muslims from the Barbary Coast right up until the early 19th century. In the interests of fairness, shouldn't there be a holiday for all formerly enslaved peoples of the world?

If I were black, I think I might feel insulted by a patronizing holiday that celebrates my race, just as I would feel insulted by the use of a capital letter in "black" which is so common nowadays.  

44 minutes ago, Professor Pigworth said:

I wrote what I did after I saw the sidebar here on the Range yesterday that referred specifically to the "[honoring of] Black culture and history." So it appears, if that's accurate, that the holiday exists to celebrate the emancipation of slaves as well as to celebrate black culture and history. Here: 

To answer your second question, no, I'm not against anyone celebrating it if they wish to, but it's not something I would think of celebrating. If we're all supposed to be equal, I don't see why a specific race should be honored and recognized with a holiday but not the white race or any other race.  It seems like they're pandering to the need for blacks to feel better about themselves and also to probably well-intentioned whites who feel guilt-ridden about what their ancestors may or may not have taken part in.  White Europeans and white Americans in lesser numbers, by the way, were regularly enslaved by Muslims from the Barbary Coast right up until the early 19th century. In the interests of fairness, shouldn't there be a holiday for all formerly enslaved peoples of the world?

If I were black, I think I might feel insulted by a patronizing holiday that celebrates my race, just as I would feel insulted by the use of a capital letter in "black" which is so common nowadays.  

Do you live near a nuclear waste site? These poor peoples ancestors were enslaved against their will. You complain there isn’t a white person holiday… Wtf??? Go back under the rock you crawled out from.

• Like 1
  • Poop 1

I would be up for celebrating the emancipation for any enslaved people. Color does not matter.

And more importantly you are taking the judgement of the extremist's on this site as face value? Seeing your previous history on this site, that is surprising to me. 

• Poop 1

5 minutes ago, direbills said:

I would be up for celebrating the emancipation for any enslaved people. Color does not matter.

And more importantly you are taking the judgement of the extremist's on this site as face value? Seeing your previous history on this site, that is surprising to me. 

Just having a little fun with the ignorant extremist.

• Like 1
  • Poop 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile