Fact Check: Biden Falsely Claims Inflation a Worldwide Problem That's 'Worse Everywhere But Here'

Fact Check: Biden Falsely Claims Inflation a Worldwide Problem That's 'Worse Everywhere But Here'

President Joe Biden and his media team clearly recognize that the nation’s high inflation rate is at the top of voters’ minds, so they’ve been doing everything they can to shift blame.

The most prominent talking point in recent months has been “Putin’s price hike,” but that doesn’t explain why many other industrialized nations are experiencing lower inflation rates than the United States, some substantially so.

Even Germany — which is heavily reliant on Russian oil and natural gas — currently has a 7.9 percent inflation rate versus 8.6 percent in the U.S. as of last month. That’s the highest the U.S. has seen since 1981.

The fact that Germany’s rate is lower than the rate in the U.S. is enough to make a claim Biden made at The American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations convention in Philadelphia on Tuesday false.

“Under my plan for the economy, we’ve made extraordinary progress. And we put America in a position to tackle the worldwide problem that’s worse everywhere but here: Inflation,” he said.

That statement simply is not true.

Besides Germany, Axios reported America’s inflation rate is higher than several other developed countries.

Figures from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development in April show some of these nations include Canada (6.8 percent), France (4.8 percent), Israel (4 percent) and Japan (2.5 percent).

According to Pew Research Center, the U.S. has the 13th highest inflation rate among the world’s advanced economies.

This is strange territory for the U.S., which has been in low inflation for decades.

“Between the start of 1991 and the end of 2019, year-over-year inflation averaged about 2.3 percent a month, and exceeded 5 percent only four times,” Pew reported.

When Biden came to power, he made at least two highly inflationary policy decisions: He signed the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan into law in March of 2021 (passed without a single Republican vote) and through executive actions clamped down on domestic oil production.

The ARP paid people not to work through enhanced unemployment benefits, direct deposit monthly child tax credit payments, food stamps, etc.

The Foundation for Government Accountability calculated last summer that a family of four could collect nearly $3,700 per month or $44,400 per year by not going back to work.

With employers competing with the federal government, they had to raise wages to try to lure workers back to the job.

Higher wages meant higher costs, which businesses must pass on to consumers to remain profitable.

Additionally, fewer workers also meant fewer products being produced, transported, etc. More dollars chasing fewer goods leads to increased prices.

Then there were the decisions Biden made on the energy front.

In the early days of his presidency, he signed executive orders under the auspices of addressing climate change that included suspending oil and gas exploration leasing on federal lands and reinstating an Obama-era carbon dioxide emission federal fee on oil-drilling operations, which had been lowered significantly under former President Donald Trump.

Additionally, the Biden administration also shut down oil exploration in the Arctic Wildlife Preserve, limited oil exploration in the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska, scrapped offshore lease sales and canceled the Keystone XL Pipeline from Canada.

Now, the U.S. is producing about 1.3 million barrels per day fewer than at its pre-pandemic peak under Trump, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Refiners produce about 19 gallons of gasoline from a barrel of oil. So the U.S. is down about 24.7 million gallons of gas a day.

The law of supply and demand kicks in again, and, not surprisingly, the price of a gallon of gas has more than doubled since Biden became president.

So Biden is wrong: Inflation is not worse everywhere else in the world and a major reason it is so high here is him.

• Like 2

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

6 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

President Joe Biden and his media team clearly recognize that the nation’s high inflation rate is at the top of voters’ minds, so they’ve been doing everything they can to shift blame.

The most prominent talking point in recent months has been “Putin’s price hike,” but that doesn’t explain why many other industrialized nations are experiencing lower inflation rates than the United States, some substantially so.

Even Germany — which is heavily reliant on Russian oil and natural gas — currently has a 7.9 percent inflation rate versus 8.6 percent in the U.S. as of last month. That’s the highest the U.S. has seen since 1981.

The fact that Germany’s rate is lower than the rate in the U.S. is enough to make a claim Biden made at The American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations convention in Philadelphia on Tuesday false.

“Under my plan for the economy, we’ve made extraordinary progress. And we put America in a position to tackle the worldwide problem that’s worse everywhere but here: Inflation,” he said.

That statement simply is not true.

Besides Germany, Axios reported America’s inflation rate is higher than several other developed countries.

Figures from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development in April show some of these nations include Canada (6.8 percent), France (4.8 percent), Israel (4 percent) and Japan (2.5 percent).

According to Pew Research Center, the U.S. has the 13th highest inflation rate among the world’s advanced economies.

This is strange territory for the U.S., which has been in low inflation for decades.

“Between the start of 1991 and the end of 2019, year-over-year inflation averaged about 2.3 percent a month, and exceeded 5 percent only four times,” Pew reported.

When Biden came to power, he made at least two highly inflationary policy decisions: He signed the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan into law in March of 2021 (passed without a single Republican vote) and through executive actions clamped down on domestic oil production.

The ARP paid people not to work through enhanced unemployment benefits, direct deposit monthly child tax credit payments, food stamps, etc.

The Foundation for Government Accountability calculated last summer that a family of four could collect nearly $3,700 per month or $44,400 per year by not going back to work.

With employers competing with the federal government, they had to raise wages to try to lure workers back to the job.

Higher wages meant higher costs, which businesses must pass on to consumers to remain profitable.

Additionally, fewer workers also meant fewer products being produced, transported, etc. More dollars chasing fewer goods leads to increased prices.

Then there were the decisions Biden made on the energy front.

In the early days of his presidency, he signed executive orders under the auspices of addressing climate change that included suspending oil and gas exploration leasing on federal lands and reinstating an Obama-era carbon dioxide emission federal fee on oil-drilling operations, which had been lowered significantly under former President Donald Trump.

Additionally, the Biden administration also shut down oil exploration in the Arctic Wildlife Preserve, limited oil exploration in the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska, scrapped offshore lease sales and canceled the Keystone XL Pipeline from Canada.

Now, the U.S. is producing about 1.3 million barrels per day fewer than at its pre-pandemic peak under Trump, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Refiners produce about 19 gallons of gasoline from a barrel of oil. So the U.S. is down about 24.7 million gallons of gas a day.

The law of supply and demand kicks in again, and, not surprisingly, the price of a gallon of gas has more than doubled since Biden became president.

So Biden is wrong: Inflation is not worse everywhere else in the world and a major reason it is so high here is him.

Joe has no concern, he's on the beach this weekend

Image result for old man on the beach biden

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TonyasTaters said:

Russia is up to 17% inflation. Trumps buddy Putin is doing a bang up job.

Wrong.

FVThyqrWYAAsDtG?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

The US is in the middle of the pack. Biden needs to hire advisors that know what the fuck they're talking about before he says shit like this

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, TonyasTaters said:

You can still buy a dozen eggs in Russia for $1.06. What are you paying?

• Like 1

Parler @NYexile

On 6/18/2022 at 8:22 PM, HipKat said:

The US is in the middle of the pack. Biden needs to hire advisors that know what the fuck they're talking about before he says shit like this

Biden worshipper attempting to give his idol advise. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RichJ said:

Biden worshipper attempting to give his idol advise. 

Derrrr BiDeN WoRsHiPpEr, derrrrrr

Tired Dean Cain GIF by NASCAR

Got anything new?? Or you just gonna keep on parroting the same thing that someone else made up, BTW? Huh sheep? Do you have a single original thought in that empty head or do you just repeat what other people say??

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, HipKat said:

Derrrr BiDeN WoRsHiPpEr, derrrrrr

Tired Dean Cain GIF by NASCAR

Got anything new?? Or you just gonna keep on parroting the same thing that someone else made up, BTW? Huh sheep? Do you have a single original thought in that empty head or do you just repeat what other people say??

MAGA Superman!  :clapper:

11 hours ago, HipKat said:

Well you spend an awful lot of time "debonking" bad news about Biden but didn't afford the same privilege to the previous President. You say you're a Republican but hate everything about them and even joined the REEEEsistance in 2016. You say you're a Christian but I don't see any evidence of that on here either. Your words aren't consistent with your actions.

• Like 1

Parler @NYexile

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

Well you spend an awful lot of time "debonking" bad news about Biden but didn't afford the same privilege to the previous President. You say you're a Republican but hate everything about them and even joined the REEEEsistance in 2016. You say you're a Christian but I don't see any evidence of that on here either. Your words aren't consistent with your actions.

Hip couldn't do that even if he wanted to.  Globohomo owns all the factcheckers.  :niterider:

10 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

THERE WAS NOTHING TO DEBUNK!!! Every fuckup Trump made was done in open. His lies, his trying to extort Ukraine, now his attempt to steal the 2020 election. You look a moron asking me to debunk someone who has nothing to debunk. His fuckups were public spectacles. 

And yes, I hate EVERYTHING about today's corrupt as fuck, anti-Constitutional, Trump Worshipping, Democracy destroying pieces of shit that call themselves Republicans but really are the modern day RINO's.

Keep that head in the sand, mmmmk pumpkin?

• Laugh 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

8 hours ago, Woody said:

Hip couldn't do that even if he wanted to.  Globohomo owns all the factcheckers.  :niterider:

Derrrr CuZ WoOdY sEd So, 2

Seek help. soflabillsfan

4 minutes ago, HipKat said:

THERE WAS NOTHING TO DEBUNK!!! Every fuckup Trump made was done in open. His lies, his trying to extort Ukraine, now his attempt to steal the 2020 election. You look a moron asking me to debunk someone who has nothing to debunk. His fuckups were public spectacles. 

And yes, I hate EVERYTHING about today's corrupt as fuck, anti-Constitutional, Trump Worshipping, Democracy destroying pieces of shit that call themselves Republicans but really are the modern day RINO's.

Keep that head in the sand, mmmmk pumpkin?

Diary of a Madman 2022 starring HipKat. Your rants are becoming more comical each day. 

• Laugh 1

Parler @NYexile

30 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Diary of a Madman 2022 starring HipKat. Your rants are becoming more comical each day. 

Mmmk ....

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 minute ago, HipKat said:

Mmmk ....

We can help you Greg but the first step is admitting that you've been duped so until then we can only shake our heads at your ignorance and misery. You know, when you say we're in a cult it's just classic projection. It is possible to be cured, and hell, you might finally get laid again with the new you out in the world. We know you're on a long dry spell. 

• Like 1

Parler @NYexile

8 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

We can help you Greg but the first step is admitting that you've been duped so until then we can only shake our heads at your ignorance and misery. You know, when you say we're in a cult it's just classic projection. It is possible to be cured, and hell, you might finally get laid again with the new you out in the world. We know you're on a long dry spell. 

Ok, I've been duped... you need help bro. Seriously and all fucking around aside. There is nothing, not one thing that supports your opinions on here but baseless lies, accusations and unfounded rhetoric. The actual facts work against you in almost every case but you're incapable of seeing it. 

I wish I could understand what it is that keeps the veil over your eyes, all of the MAGA's. It's the same thing over and over and over on every forum; Outright lies, deflection, defending the undefendable, attacking facts - provable facts that don't support the MAGA points of view. 

You're illogical defense of Trump and Trumpism in light of indisputable truths is 100% cult-like. I didn't invent that term. I didn't decide one day that MAGA-s are in a cult. It's just how it is and everything your side puts out there is 100% symptomatic of cultism.

It's not me that needs help - outside of not being able to just walk away and let your lot sink deeper into the pit, without a look back. 

BTW, I last got laid in January. It's too long for me, historically, not that long of a dry spell - especially at my age, considering. (Not to mention January is when I got custody of my 14 yr old).I could write a long synapses of why that is but that's a different subject...

Seek help. soflabillsfan

10 hours ago, HipKat said:

Ok, I've been duped... you need help bro. Seriously and all fucking around aside. There is nothing, not one thing that supports your opinions on here but baseless lies, accusations and unfounded rhetoric. The actual facts work against you in almost every case but you're incapable of seeing it. 

You have been duped. Let's go over some of the biggest lies you've believed (and defended about Trump):

• Russian Pee-Pee Tape
  • "Very fine people"
  • Russian bounties
  • Georgia phone call
  • Ukraine phone call
  • Russian collusion
  • Trump tower meeting
  • Trump "suckers and losers" line about skipping a cemetery visit
  • Deutsche Bank
  • Anything from Michael Cohen and Adam Schiff

I mean, need I go on?

I wish I could understand what it is that keeps the veil over your eyes, all of the MAGA's. It's the same thing over and over and over on every forum; Outright lies, deflection, defending the undefendable, attacking facts - provable facts that don't support the MAGA points of view. 

This coming from a guy who listens to a series of Mockingbird Hoaxsters like Morning Joe, Schiff, Maddow, Brennan, Clapper, and others.

You're illogical defense of Trump and Trumpism in light of indisputable truths is 100% cult-like. I didn't invent that term. I didn't decide one day that MAGA-s are in a cult. It's just how it is and everything your side puts out there is 100% symptomatic of cultism.

Nothing illogical about it. Trump was hated by the Globalists who threw everything at him to get him from running America into prosperity again. You believe everything coming from the enemies of Trump not realizing that they're enemies of you as well and succeeded masterfully in bringing you into their sphere.

It's not me that needs help

It's funny but coming from a psychology background this phrase is so common from people who really DO need help.

BTW, I last got laid in January.

Farm animals don't count.

• Like 2

Parler @NYexile