Jump to content

O.J. Howard doesn’t look to be a threat to Dawson Knox in Buffalo, so far


Recommended Posts

The O.J. initials have significant meaning in Buffalo, from a football standpoint. (For the rest of the country, those two letters have a slightly different connotation.) Tight end O.J. Howard has joined the Bills. For now, Howard has a long way to go to match the exploits of the other Bills player who went by [more]

View the full article

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, drpepper said:

The O.J. initials have significant meaning in Buffalo, from a football standpoint. (For the rest of the country, those two letters have a slightly different connotation.) Tight end O.J. Howard has joined the Bills. For now, Howard has a long way to go to match the exploits of the other Bills player who went by [more]

View the full article

Hmmmm, remember that pass josh threw to Knox right in the gut dropped in the big KC game? Josh seemed to give up on him the rest of the day. Better play would have produced a few Xtra pts early in the day and perhaps that trip to the Superbowl.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is Howard a good blocker or something because I don't see why we're signing a bust who even Tom Brady couldn't get the most out of.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2022 at 10:16 AM, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

Hmmmm, remember that pass josh threw to Knox right in the gut dropped in the big KC game? Josh seemed to give up on him the rest of the day. Better play would have produced a few Xtra pts early in the day and perhaps that trip to the Superbowl.

Glad you brought this up…but yes! People forget this. But I fucking didn’t…it was like the first or second play of the game and the dude had NO-ONE near him….was gonna go 20 plus yards, maybe more…And Knox blew it…while Kelce was ripping our D a new one. At the end of the game I was asking ‘where was Diggs and Knox?’ And fuck that shit of tHeY tOOk aTTenTiOn aWaY aNd hELpED dAvIS…bullshit.

  • Like 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Glad you brought this up…but yes! People forget this. But I fucking didn’t…it was like the first or second play of the game and the dude had NO-ONE near him….was gonna go 20 plus yards, maybe more…And Knox blew it…while Kelce was ripping our D a new one. At the end of the game I was asking ‘where was Diggs and Knox?’ And fuck that shit of tHeY tOOk aTTenTiOn aWaY aNd hELpED dAvIS…bullshit.

Our offense wasn't the problem in that game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, rcas0308 said:

Our offense wasn't the problem in that game

Ultimately no…but guess what? Shouldn’t have come down to 13 seconds. My biggest criticism of this team is the obvious tug of war with its identity. We have a super conservative defensive minded head coach with an offense that could be unstoppable…yet we see time and time again baffling play calling like in that KC playoff game. Our offense didn’t start lighting it up until the fucking 4th quarter…meanwhile it was run, run, pass…run, run, pass….run, run, pass…at a critical moment when it was tied and our defense actually got a stop…what did the offense do? Run, run, run…punt. Are you fucking kidding? We should have buried those motherfuckers…and that I blame the offense.

  • Like 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Ultimately no…but guess what? Shouldn’t have come down to 13 seconds. My biggest criticism of this team is the obvious tug of war with its identity. We have a super conservative defensive minded head coach with an offense that could be unstoppable…yet we see time and time again baffling play calling like in that KC playoff game. Our offense didn’t start lighting it up until the fucking 4th quarter…meanwhile it was run, run, pass…run, run, pass….run, run, pass…at a critical moment when it was tied and our defense actually got a stop…what did the offense do? Run, run, run…punt. Are you fucking kidding? We should have buried those motherfuckers…and that I blame the offense.

You don't know what happened.   It is just as likely that DaBoll had problems adjusting.   Not scheming Diggs open is his fault.   That had nothing to do with McDermott.  Seems to me that late in the season McDermott got pissed at DaBoll and the offense; after which they got better.

I think McDermott leaves it alone until it sucks; that is when in he jumps.

I hope you never get your way with the head coach.   Seems to me you had your guy win before; ever since it's been a disaster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

Wasn't Gronk taking opportunities away from OJH?

Yes, that is true but if Howard was playing up to his potential there would be no need for Gronk.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FanBack said:

You don't know what happened.   It is just as likely that DaBoll had problems adjusting.   Not scheming Diggs open is his fault.   That had nothing to do with McDermott.  Seems to me that late in the season McDermott got pissed at DaBoll and the offense; after which they got better.

I think McDermott leaves it alone until it sucks; that is when in he jumps.

I hope you never get your way with the head coach.   Seems to me you had your guy win before; ever since it's been a disaster. 

“The offense sucks”…not really. The run game did yes. Why? Because this team was NOT built to run the ball…and that’s McBeanes fault. Daboll used what was given to him..and that was a passing game…the passing game worked MOST of the time….but when it didn’t….uH oh McDermotts defense is back on the field again. It’s SUPER obvious that McDermott would tell Daboll to slow it down…aka run the ball…but Daboll was given shit running backs and shit linemen to do that. Why would Daboll just sabotage, out of the fucking blue, the offense? For the fun of it? No man, McDermott was…and still is uncomfortable with a team that has a high octane offense. I guarantee he wants to be more like the Titans.

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

“The offense sucks”…not really. The run game did yes. Why? Because this team was NOT built to run the ball…and that’s McBeanes fault. Daboll used what was given to him..and that was a passing game…the passing game worked MOST of the time….but when it didn’t….uH oh McDermotts defense is back on the field again. It’s SUPER obvious that McDermott would tell Daboll to slow it down…aka run the ball…but Daboll was given shit running backs and shit linemen to do that. Why would Daboll just sabotage, out of the fucking blue, the offense? For the fun of it? No man, McDermott was…and still is uncomfortable with a team that has a high octane offense. I guarantee he wants to be more like the Titans.

Even without a great running game, our o was one of the best in the league. Even good enough to give a Bellicheat D the worse beating it ever had when we had a near perfect game. The O was far from the problem. The D although statistically was best, it couldn't close out a game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OJ Howard has been in the league for 5 years.   5 complete years.

No more excuses.   There is a reason he was available...at a low price.  

Hopefully he can at least contribute a little, but I do not expect much.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, RichJ said:

Even without a great running game, our o was one of the best in the league. Even good enough to give a Bellicheat D the worse beating it ever had when we had a near perfect game. The O was far from the problem. The D although statistically was best, it couldn't close out a game. 

I wonder if McDermott/Frazier/guys on the defense just assumed the game was over? Did they stand over there on the sidelines, watching the offense…with 17 seconds left..thinking ‘this is it….last possession of the game’ and then were completely caught off guard with their pants downs when Allen threw a TD? I bet McDermott blames Daboll for that too….tHey sCoReD tOO sOon…I WAsNt rEaDy tO sEt uP mY dEfEnSe

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

“The offense sucks”…not really. The run game did yes. Why? Because this team was NOT built to run the ball…and that’s McBeanes fault. Daboll used what was given to him..and that was a passing game…the passing game worked MOST of the time….but when it didn’t….uH oh McDermotts defense is back on the field again. It’s SUPER obvious that McDermott would tell Daboll to slow it down…aka run the ball…but Daboll was given shit running backs and shit linemen to do that. Why would Daboll just sabotage, out of the fucking blue, the offense? For the fun of it? No man, McDermott was…and still is uncomfortable with a team that has a high octane offense. I guarantee he wants to be more like the Titans.

Wow.   You don't know ANYTHING.  PM me for Football Knowledge Coaching Services. 

  • Laugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jc856 said:

377FF123-4C2C-46AF-A9FC-A30369998D73.jpeg.5ce38ddffd188b340d6de2ef11c48789.jpeg

I guess there could be some truth to this lol and until this franchise wins a super bowl…..I’ll always revert to them making dumb ass decisions and fucking it up….and guess what? They done fuck up BIG TIME in that playoff game….on par with Bills teams of the past.

  • Laugh 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

I guess there could be some truth to this lol and until this franchise wins a super bowl…..I’ll always revert to them making dumb ass decisions and fucking it up….and guess what? They done fuck up BIG TIME in that playoff game….on par with Bills teams of the past.

Talk about myopia.  Look to the following for TRUE FAILURE:  

Latitude 38.8976763, Longitude -77.0365298

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...