Very interesting, the “EPA” is really cutting edge!

Toofast80

I knew that in the 90s. Also use Tom's fluoride free tooth paste. This article is about PFOA and PFOS however which was prevalent in a lot of non-stick cookware. 

• Like 2

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

28 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

I knew that in the 90s. Also use Tom's fluoride free tooth paste. This article is about PFOA and PFOS however which was prevalent in a lot of non-stick cookware. 

“Polyfluoroalkyl” is fluoride, with a synthetic base or binder. They use it as a powdered additive AND the coatings on some of the apparatus/piping in treatment plants and transfer piping, PTFE, ETC.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Toofast80 said:

“Polyfluoroalkyl” is fluoride, with a synthetic base or binder. They use it as a powdered additive AND the coatings on some of the apparatus/piping in treatment plants and transfer piping, PTFE, ETC.

What filter are you using? I hear Berkeys are the best but pretty expensive.

• Like 1

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

I have a standard 5 micron sediment cartridge filter, to a cartridge type charcoal filter then through a Culligan whole home system w/salt. The first one was there when it was a well system. Then everything that is used for drinking by all of us(including dogs) is in Brita pitchers with meticulously maintained filters.  Aside from adding an RO or UV system, it’s  a far cry from what comes straight from the city piping, obviously still not perfect though. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

I’ll have to check further into the Berkeys system. Not sure of the brand, but 2 of the houses we have in Cooperstown have UV systems in them, w/the pre-sediment cartridge and the culligan whole home system w/salt, those are still well systems. That water is freaking BEAUTIFUL!! They are rentals part of the year for dreamspark and HOF, so we went above and beyond for the health inspectors 👍.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

I have a Berkey - it’s the best. Bottled water tastes horrible after you drink from a Berkey 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Berkeys are great, but there are less expensive options out there.  I ended up getting an Alexapure since it was cheaper and met my specific filtration requirements.  :niterider:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Woody said:

Berkeys are great, but there are less expensive options out there.  I ended up getting an Alexapure since it was cheaper and met my specific filtration requirements.  :niterider:

I’ve never even heard of these, Those filter elements are no joke though 👍! Either of them, may have to invest in one of those brands.

https://waterfilterauthority.com/alexapure-pro-water-filter-review/

6 hours ago, Toofast80 said:

So the EPA now says Fluoridated water isn’t safe to consume by humans at the levels they’ve been using! 🤦‍♂️ NO SHIT!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/epa-finds-no-safe-level-170435531.html

I mostly filter the water I drink, actually doubled filtered at the house, this is just one reason why. There are other naturally occurring substances and bacteria that are also on the list of reasons. Government agencies are just plain “bottom of the barrel” when it comes to quality research or workmanship👎!

I was told by a doctor that instead of Fluoride, they should put prozac. It would calm down the intolerable left. 

• Laugh 2

32 minutes ago, Toofast80 said:

I’ve never even heard of these, Those filter elements are no joke though 👍! Either of them, may have to invest in one of those brands.

https://waterfilterauthority.com/alexapure-pro-water-filter-review/

If you decide that you want one check out MyPatriotSupply.  They have them on sale regularly and offer free shipping/military discounts.  :niterider:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woody said:

If you decide that you want one check out MyPatriotSupply.  They have them on sale regularly and offer free shipping/military discounts.  :niterider:

Ooooh I'm gonna buy one of those using my military discount from Verify Pass. Last time I used it at My Patriot Supply I saved almost $50.

• Like 2

Parler @NYexile

10 hours ago, Toofast80 said:

So the EPA now says Fluoridated water isn’t safe to consume by humans at the levels they’ve been using! 🤦‍♂️ NO SHIT!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/epa-finds-no-safe-level-170435531.html

I mostly filter the water I drink, actually doubled filtered at the house, this is just one reason why. There are other naturally occurring substances and bacteria that are also on the list of reasons. Government agencies are just plain “bottom of the barrel” when it comes to quality research or workmanship👎!

I never really understood why it was added to water. For teeth? Really?

why not vitamin C? Or saltpeter? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jc856 said:

I never really understood why it was added to water. For teeth? Really?

why not vitamin C? Or saltpeter? 

It makes about as much sense as drinking Coppertone so you don't get a sunburn. Fluoride's only proven effects are as a topical agent only.

• Like 1

Parler @NYexile

Got the AlexaPure with stand on MPS for $250. It arrives next week.

• Like 2

Parler @NYexile