Biden Administration Forces K-12 Gender Ideology Compliance with Lunch Money Threat

Woody

Seinfeld Soup GIF

school-lunch-program-640x480.png

The Biden administration has tethered federal school lunch funding to compliance with gender identity ideology, including whether a school allows boys to use girls restrooms and locker rooms.

The move comes as the Biden administration is using heavy-handed measures to enshrine gender ideology into federal law.

Biden’s Department of Agriculture announced earlier this month that in order for schools to receive funds for student lunches, breakfasts, and other food items, it must comply with its interpretation of the ban on discrimination based on sex in Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and other food-related programs, which includes sexual orientation and gender identity.

“USDA is committed to administering all its programs with equity and fairness, and serving those in need with the highest dignity,” Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said in a press release. “A key step in advancing these principles is rooting out discrimination in any form – including discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.”

“At the same time, we must recognize the vulnerability of the LGBTQI+ communities and provide them with an avenue to grieve any discrimination they face,” the secretary continued. “We hope that by standing firm against these inequities we will help bring about much-needed change.”

Critics of the move are concerned with the Biden administration’s willingness to “play[] politics with feeding poor kids,” according to Indiana Non-Public Education Association executive director John Elcesser, speaking with the Federalist.

During full-time, in-person schooling, the National School Lunch Program feeds nearly 30 million children every day in both public and private institutions. Even during the coronavirus pandemic, the program still maintained feeding 22.6 million children every day.

To receive such assistance under the new rule, the Biden administration is forcing schools to comply with allowing boys to use girls’ changing and restroom facilities as well as sleeping areas, and forcing teachers to use inaccurate pronouns to describe children who believe they are transgender.

“If a school feels like they cannot participate because it’s in conflict with their mission or values, if a religious exemption is not granted, you’re taking away a program that’s feeding low-income kids,” Elcesser continued.

But to the Biden administration, “today’s notice further affirms USDA’s efforts to dismantle barriers that historically underserved communities have faced in accessing its programs and services.”

While some religious institutions could be eligible for an exemption, no government school will be able to seek exemption from the rule — leaving it up to parents and individual school districts to fight the rule in court.

The move, however, is in line with Biden’s day-one Executive Order telling federal agencies to implement rules based on gender ideology. It, and other moves from the Biden administration, have helped promote sex change operations for children in which genitals are mutilated and replaced with prosthetics — oftentimes before or during puberty.

Much of the power to make this decision also appears to come from the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Bostock v. Clayton County, in which Justice Neil Gorsuch, joined by the Court’s liberal wing, read transgender protections into the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Still, critics of the USDA rule believe it even exceeds the Bostock ruling.

“The Biden administration is grossly extending the Bostock holding where it does not belong,” Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita (R) told the Federalist. “Like many of the Biden administration’s power grabs, this imposition transgresses areas of proper state and local authority. As the principal guardians of federalism, state attorneys general have the ability to combat such overreach where it injures state functions.”

LINK

Typical Marxist move. Since they can't legally force you to comply with their insanity they tie it to funding which forces you to go along with them in an indirect way very similar to federal funds for towns who don't want to build Section 8 slop houses. 

• Like 2

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Good way to draw in more Conservative voters.....

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

35 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

God damn, there were a couple times when I was a kid, mom was in between jobs and there was negative money in her bank account, that the dollar lunch  at school was the ONLY meal I got.  Again, these stretches were fortunately brief, one was in sixth grade for about 4 days, and the other was my 9th grade year for 3 days, but damn it was bad.  I say this to say that if my family had periods of food insecurity I KNOW that other families do.  Its is morally bankrupt to tie funding for a program that keeps poor children from starving to some gender queer program.  IF Joe Biden is doing this then absolutely he nees to go.

It's still a problem today.  Parents depend on school meals to keep their kids fed.  During the COVID lockdowns the school down the road from me worked out a deal to keep their kitchen open so that kids could eat. :niterider:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Some damn sick fucks in this Biden administration.  These people need to be kicked to the curb.

They will. November will be the...giphy.gif

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Woody said:

It's still a problem today.  Parents depend on school meals to keep their kids fed.  During the COVID lockdowns the school down the road from me worked out a deal to keep their kitchen open so that kids could eat. :niterider:

Exactly.  I mean people can blame parents for not budgeting and for other poor financial planning, but when you got little people running around well those littles should not be punished for the mistakes of their parents.  Further, those littles should not be punished because their school districts are at odds with trans gender ideas.  

This goddamned gender/sexuality shit is out of control

The world was better when these fuckers were still in the closet. Proof that you give some people an inch, they want a mile

• Like 2

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

4 minutes ago, HipKat said:

The world was better when these fuckers were still in the closet. Proof that you give some people an inch, they want a mile

agencylife advertisement GIF by MX Player

• Laugh 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

28 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Kill yourself.

• Penis 1
  • Poop 1

My new Adopt-a-Bill can pass a physical.

l_evans_071209_IA.jpg

My Adopt-a-Sabre is Lindy Ruff

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

42 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I think its the propaganda that is driving everybody crazy.  Everything is LGBBQ.  From the radio, to television, to social media, to the cereal you eat with its all LGBBQ.  We can all get along without that shit.  :niterider:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ICRockets said:

Kill yourself.

Season 1 Episode 3 GIF by Rick and Morty

Seek help. soflabillsfan