NFL schedule makers gave Bills a key advantage

The 2022 NFL schedule has some good news for the Bills. Buffalo has a +13-day net rest differential on its 2022 schedule, according to Seth Walder of ESPN. That’s the most favorable rest differential in the NFL. In other words, over the course of the full season, the Bills will be better-rested than their opponents [more]

View the full article

Getty Images

The 2022 NFL schedule has some good news for the Bills.

Buffalo has a +13-day net rest differential on its 2022 schedule, according to Seth Walder of ESPN. That’s the most favorable rest differential in the NFL.

In other words, over the course of the full season, the Bills will be better-rested than their opponents by a cumulative 13 days.

That starts in Week Two, because the Bills play the Thursday night opener against the Rams in Week One. When the Bills host the Titans in Week Two, they’ll have a three-day rest advantage over a Tennessee team that plays on Sunday in Week One.

It also includes the Bills’ Week Eight home game against the Packers. The Bills are on their bye in Week Seven, while the Packers play in Week Seven, so the Bills will have seven more days of rest than the Packers when the two teams meet.

The 2022 NFL schedule does not have the Bills playing any opponents who are coming off their bye weeks.

And in Week 14, the Bills will have three more days of rest than the Jets, because the Bills will be coming off a Thursday night game while the Jets will be coming off a Sunday game.

The Bills were already among the Super Bowl favorites this season. The schedule does nothing but assist the Bills’ championship hopes.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

21 minutes ago, Victor7 said:

For years we got screwed facing a myriad of teams coming of their bye weeks. So fuck it, we deserve the good graces now. 

I'm still not a fan of the obsession to have us on prime time ON THE ROAD. Don't understand why they don't give us more home games. Highmark is always rocking. Even more so on prime time. 

I think a lot of it is their home schedule isn't particularly sexy.  Packers and Titans are a couple of good gets at home, but the Steelers look ordinary, the Browns are a question mark with what will happen with Watson, the Vikings are not an enormous draw (and the Bills need to play on Fox once at least), and the Bills' home games vs NE last year were both primetime so they had to switch that up this year.  Miami is a TBD game and could easily be a standalone Saturday game going to a national audience.   

Next year the Bills get the Broncos, the Raiders, the Cowboys, the Giants, the AFC South same place team, and the NFC South same place team (which is a TBD if Brady sticks around or not). A much sexier home sked in 2023.  

Let's Go Orange!

31 minutes ago, BillyT92679 said:

I think a lot of it is their home schedule isn't particularly sexy.  Packers and Titans are a couple of good gets at home, but the Steelers look ordinary, the Browns are a question mark with what will happen with Watson, the Vikings are not an enormous draw (and the Bills need to play on Fox once at least), and the Bills' home games vs NE last year were both primetime so they had to switch that up this year.  Miami is a TBD game and could easily be a standalone Saturday game going to a national audience.   

Next year the Bills get the Broncos, the Raiders, the Cowboys, the Giants, the AFC South same place team, and the NFC South same place team (which is a TBD if Brady sticks around or not). A much sexier home sked in 2023.  

I had not thought of it that way. You might be right. But that's only 2022. The past couple of years were the same though. They just seem to like us more on the road. And I mean, if this team really is going to be a SB favorite they need to win everywhere and no matter the time and date. But I do find it a bit annoying that most prime times games always seem to be visits. 

• Like 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Celebrate Von Miller GIF by Texas A&M University

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

16 hours ago, Victor7 said:

For years we got screwed facing a myriad of teams coming of their bye weeks. So fuck it, we deserve the good graces now. 

I'm still not a fan of the obsession to have us on prime time ON THE ROAD. Don't understand why they don't give us more home games. Highmark is always rocking. Even more so on prime time. 

Yes the rest in this year's schedule is a blessing.

With respect to home prime time games, I have attended a few in Buffalo and quite frankly the behaviour that results from a prolonged day of drinking in Buffalo is an embarrassment to the entire fan base.

I am OK with NOT having more prime time games in Buffalo.

• Like 1

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

Rest can be a wonderful thing or it can make it hard to keep going.  Look at that Jaguar game last year after the bye!  Have you ever been on a long hike where you take a break before starting up again?  To me, that is the hardest thing to do; shift gears from 8 back down to 1st gear.  Human psychology is a vast landscape to explore.  

wynona's big brown beaver cowboys GIF by Primus

On 5/13/2022 at 7:03 AM, drpepper said:

The 2022 NFL schedule has some good news for the Bills. Buffalo has a +13-day net rest differential on its 2022 schedule, according to Seth Walder of ESPN. That’s the most favorable rest differential in the NFL. In other words, over the course of the full season, the Bills will be better-rested than their opponents [more]

View the full article

this is really a bunch of nothing.

every team has a bye so all get 7 days of differential to start.

better example is Bills get two games with advantage. I am not counting the bye week as it is no advantage as every team gets one.

cba fan