Finland to apply for Nato membership 'without delay'

Finland to apply for Nato membership 'without delay'

Finland's president and prime minister have called for the country to apply for Nato membership "without delay".

Sauli Niinisto and Sanna Marin said in a joint statement they expected a decision in the next few days.

The move comes amid a surge in public support for Nato membership following Russia's invasion with Ukraine.

Finland shares a 1,300-km (810-mile) border with Russia. Until now, it has stayed out of Nato to avoid antagonising its eastern neighbour.

Finland will formally announce its decision on Sunday after it has been considered by parliament and other senior political figures.

Sweden has said it will announce a similar decision on the same day.

Russia has threatened unspecified measures if the two governments abandon their long-standing policy of military non-alignment.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61420185

This saddens me.

NOT because Finland and Sweden wish to join NATO.

NOPE.

What saddens me is to see a once great "big head" thinker become a Neo-Con before my eyes with his little Missouri Incel rooting him on and be wrong on every issue during his decline.

Oh well.

• Poop 1

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

10 hours ago, TonyasTaters said:

Thank god! Biden is WINNING! He knows what he is doing. Unlike Trumpster who was writing love letters to little rocket man.

Not sure who should take credit for this however those who point to Finland as a shiny example of neutrality are rethinking their logic right now.

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE