American women can obtain abortions in Canada if Roe v. Wade falls, minister says

American women can obtain abortions in Canada if Roe v. Wade falls, minister says

Families Minister Karina Gould worries Canadian women from border regions could lose abortion access in U.S.

American women will be able to obtain abortions in Canada if the United States Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade and returns abortion law to the state level, says Karina Gould, minister of families, children and social development.

In an interview with CBC News Network's Power & Politics on Tuesday, Gould was asked if American women would be allowed to access the procedure in Canada.

"I don't see why we would not," she told host Vassy Kapelos. "If they, people, come here and need access, certainly, you know, that's a service that would be provided."

Gould's remarks came after U.S. political news outlet Politico published a copy of an initial draft opinion written by U.S. Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, a Republican appointee. That opinion suggests a majority of justices are prepared to overrule Roe v. Wade — the landmark decision that allowed legal abortions in the U.S. — and return the issue to state legislatures....

....Earlier Tuesday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau took to Twitter to reaffirm his support for women's reproductive rights without specifically mentioning the leak from the U.S. Supreme Court.

"The right to choose is a woman's right and a woman's right alone," he said. "Every woman in Canada has a right to a safe and legal abortion. We'll never back down from protecting and promoting women's rights in Canada and around the world."....

...Gould said that while Canada will remain open to American women seeking abortions, she also has concerns about what overturning Roe v. Wade could mean for Canadian women seeking abortions.

"One of the concerning factors here is that there are many Canadian women who maybe don't live near a major city in Canada, but will often access these services in the United States," she said. "I'm very concerned about the leak yesterday. I'm very concerned about what this means, particularly for American women, but also for Canadian women."

A spokesperson for Gould told CBC News women can obtain abortions in Canada now, at a cost. 

"Americans accessing health care services in Canada would continue to have to pay for the service out-of-pocket or by their own private insurance if they are not covered by a provincial health insurance, by the Interim Federal Health Program or Non-Insured Health Benefits."....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-provide-abortion-access-american-women-1.6440238

• Poop 1

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

Canadian doctors interested in this opportunity are no doubt looking at programs marketed to American women in need and perhaps even setting up new offices close to the US/CAN border.

So a new growth industry has been created in Canada.

I want to thank all the regressive American KUNTS who made this possible.

• Poop 2
  • Disagree 1

Do Your Part to Improve The Range -- Please put the TRIO OF TRUMP FLUFFERSTM  on IGNORE

7 hours ago, Very Wide Right said:

Ah yes Canada, can't have a gun for self defense, free speech isn't allowed, kill your child by a chemical bath, dismembering, crush the skull then grind up for a dumpster? No problem. Canada is a joke.

you're talking about late term abortion something that rarely happens.  Love the small gov't folk that don't want gov't meddling but also want to give women less body autonomy than when we are all corpses lol

All that making abortion illegal will do is cause the same people to get more dangerous abortions.  US Gov't got way better shit to do than flip flop on roe v wade every few years.

• Like 2

I'm sure Greyhound is gearing up to make big dollars on abortion trips to Canada and blue states.

• Laugh 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

23 minutes ago, foster said:

And once again those that can afford to travel out of state will get proper medical care and those that can't travel will go back alley.  

The American dream! As long as you have money you have access to whatever you want.

• Like 1
  • Poop 1

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

2 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

you're talking about late term abortion something that rarely happens.  Love the small gov't folk that don't want gov't meddling but also want to give women less body autonomy than when we are all corpses lol

All that making abortion illegal will do is cause the same people to get more dangerous abortions.  US Gov't got way better shit to do than flip flop on roe v wade every few years.

There will always be havens of misery like NY state and California that will perform abortions without reservation.

• Laugh 1

2 hours ago, foster said:

And once again those that can afford to travel out of state will get proper medical care and those that can't travel will go back alley.  

It'll be covered under social welfare programs, so don't worry, you'll be paying your fair share.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

24 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

That makes no sense.

What did the Dems do that was so right and the every one liked?

Pointless side picking.

The Republicans will ban abortion when they gain power in 2024.

Nothing. They just aren't fascists.

• Laugh 1
  • Like 1

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

5 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

The American dream! As long as you have money you have access to whatever you want.

It's called working hard, you should try it. Being on a Bills message board all day long supporting the virtues of thug culture, failed democrat policies and drug abuse isn't likely to allow you to gain access to much.

19 minutes ago, Very Wide Right said:

It's called working hard, you should try it. Being on a Bills message board all day long supporting the virtues of thug culture, failed democrat policies and drug abuse isn't likely to allow you to gain access to much.

Do trust fun babies work hard?

Iexplicitly said I don't support thug culture 100 times.

I dont support democrat half measures.

I dont abuse drugs.

Soooo nexxxtttt.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

1 hour ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

The Republicans will ban abortion when they gain power in 2024.

Nothing. They just aren't fascists.

That's what you don't get. It won't have shit to do with rep, dem.

It will happen because the elite want it.

What are you worried about? I thought voting mattered....?

They are doing this because most will die from vac anyway. And it's making people sterile. 

Make up your mind. Weren't they complaining about over population?

It's all a joke by the elite and you're a dumb mouse picking a side 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thinwhiteduke said:

That's what you don't get. It won't have shit to do with rep, dem.

It will happen because the elite want it.

What are you worried about? I thought voting mattered....?

They are doing this because most will die from vac anyway. And it's making people sterile. 

Make up your mind. Weren't they complaining about over population?

It's all a joke by the elite and you're a dumb mouse picking a side 

Article-Body-29_60e30dfa0e5aa.jpg

• Laugh 1

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

2 hours ago, Very Wide Right said:

I could NOT resist to see what a fat ass faggot had to say about abortion so I unIGNORED Hero/Gibby and this stupid asshole mother fucker's post.

WHAT THE FUCK WOULD A KUNT LIKE YOU KNOW ABOUT WORKING HARD?

You are an uneducated peasant.

Why NOT just shut the fuck up and flip that burger?