Warner Bros. Discovery to Cancel CNN+ Just 23 Days After Launch Announcement

Woody

LOL!  Poor Chris Wallace. :niterider:

cnnplusdone1-640x480.jpg

Warner Bros. Discovery will reportedly shut down CNN+ 23 days after announcing the streaming service.

Warner Bros. Discovery will nix the streaming service on April 30 just after CNN after having fewer than 10,000 daily views, according to reports. The move comes after CNN was acquired by the parent company, Variety reported:

Spokespersons for CNN and Warner Bros. Discovery could not be reached for immediate comment. The decision puts an end to a venture that people familiar with the matter say rankled David Zaslav, the new CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery, from the start. Zaslav was annoyed by the decison of Jason Kilar, the former CEO of WarnerMedia when it was owned by AT&T, to launch CNN+ just weeks before Discovery was set to take over operations.

Chris Licht, the incoming CEO of CNN, sent a memo to staffers Thursday morning about “an important meeting” to be held at noon, and is at that time expected to inform employees about the decision, these people said. Licht has already told Andrew Morse, the CNN executive vice president who oversees the newly-launched streaming-video outlet, of the decision, these people said. Morse could not be reached for immediate comment.

CNN+ had been stricken with reports that many employees would be laid off in the coming weeks.

On March 29, CNN introduced CNN+, which “combines live news coverage, on-demand programming and interactive interviews.” CNN claimed CNN+ would “establish closer relationships with news consumers,” the network said upon its launch.

CNN+ boasted on-air personalities like former Fox News host Chris Wallace and CNN mainstays Jake Tapper, Don Lemon, and Anderson Cooper. In the last few days, White House press secretary was interviewed by Wallace in a likely effort to boost ratings.

cnntapperzuckerlemonwallace1-1.jpg

Jeff Zucker, Chris Wallace, Jake Tapper, Don Lemon. Mike Coppola; Joe Raedle; Scott Eisen; Kimberly White/Getty Images

Former President of CNN, Jeff Zucker, had developed CNN+ to rival Fox News’s streaming service. But after his sudden exit amid scandal that engulfed anchor Chris Cuomo, Zucker was unable to follow through on the series of high-profile hires.

LINK

• Laugh 2

Wait, wokeism and propaganda don't sell?

• Laugh 1
  • Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

7 hours ago, Woody said:

Goodbye GIF

I would rather pay a monthly fee NOT to see Chris Wallace.

• Laugh 1
  • Like 1

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Don’t feel bad about Chris Wallace he received a lot of money for 23 days of work. I picture him on some beach talking to his agent “Call me when MSNBC wants to hire me 23 days for $9 million “. To put that into context he received 2.5x as much money as Josh Allen did the last 23 days. 

• Laugh 1

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

On 4/21/2022 at 2:47 PM, SackMan518 said:

Wait, wokeism and propaganda don't sell?

How’s Netflix doing? Hollywood is dying a slow painful death. They don’t understand it’s their job to entertain us, not lecture us. And now, even with the written on the wall, they chose to double down on lecturing. 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

35 minutes ago, Nuke said:

How’s Netflix doing? Hollywood is dying a slow painful death. They don’t understand it’s their job to entertain us, not lecture us. And now, even with the written on the wall, they chose to double down on lecturing. 

I don't think they care about money.  Destroying iconic companies and ruining our culture on the way down is likely what they're up to.  :niterider:

58 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Don’t feel bad about Chris Wallace he received a lot of money for 23 days of work. I picture him on some beach talking to his agent “Call me when MSNBC wants to hire me 23 days for $9 million “. To put that into context he received 2.5x as much money as Josh Allen did the last 23 days. 

He'll be gainfully employed.  From what I understand, WB/Discovery will be scattering the CNN+ programming across their other streaming platforms.  So now you'll probably see Wallace pop up on your HBO or Travel Channel apps.  :niterider:

Spotify declines to renew Obamas podcast contract: report
Bloomberg News says the Obama production company Higher Ground is negotiating with Audible, iHeartMedia

Spotify is reportedly showing the Obamas the door. 

Bloomberg News reported on Wednesday that Higher Ground, the production company run by former President Barack Obama and former First Lady Michelle Obama, is seeking a multimillion deal elsewhere as their deal with Spotify expires this year, according to sources. 

Among the potential partners Higher Ground is negotiating with are Amazon's Audible and iHeartMedia. Sources tell Bloomberg News the Obamas is hoping to find its new home within the coming weeks. 

Confused Joe Rogan GIF

• Laugh 1

Parler @NYexile

3 hours ago, Nuke said:

The problem with NETFLIX is that they have 5 million subscribers and 50 million using their friends service

2 hours ago, Very Wide Right said:

The problem with NETFLIX is that they have 5 million subscribers and 50 million using their friends service

Trump should buy them out.  MAGAFLIX anyone?  :niterider:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...