Mayfield>Allen? LOL

seandelevan

6 hours ago, Psycho79 said:

Allen can silence his critics by taking this team on his back, overcoming the odds and winning tomorrow. That’s what true franchise QBs do. 

Yup. But he can’t wait until the 4 quarter to do so. And again I’m not sure if it’s the crowds but we rarely saw it last year. When Allen fucks up early in a game…and it can be something simple as overthrowing a guy…he fucking crumbles and doesn’t bounce back until a quarter or two has passed. His best games of the season are where he leads a TD drive or makes a big play on the first series.

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

13 hours ago, Very Wide Right said:

Lets not forget that Allen has been blessed with very easy schedules the last 2 years yet he may miss the playoffs this year. If you want to compare Mayfield then you must compare schedules, team mates, coaches. Send Allen to Green Bay and I promise he would have looked worse than Mayfield.

Last year the Bills had one of the toughest schedules in the league. 

Sometimes you have decent opinions on geopolitical issues; most would say you are just aping my brilliance. 

Stay away from football opinions 

1 minute ago, FanBack said:

Last year the Bills had one of the toughest schedules in the league. 

Sometimes you have decent opinions on geopolitical issues; most would say you are just aping my brilliance. 

Stay away from football opinions 

I didn't mean to hit VWR so hard.   Someone get this man medical attention. 

You can put the game on Allen's shoulders and not worry, Tampa this year he was the entire team, last year against the Rams after they came back....You put the game in Baker's hands and your biting your nails the whole time, take Chubb and Hunt away and Baker is done...Allen on the other hand, has not had a run game the last two years 

41 minutes ago, Baldat28 said:

You can put the game on Allen's shoulders and not worry, Tampa this year he was the entire team, last year against the Rams after they came back....You put the game in Baker's hands and your biting your nails the whole time, take Chubb and Hunt away and Baker is done...Allen on the other hand, has not had a run game the last two years 

Allen has never had a run game in his life.

With that said, I think Singletary is a quality back when he gets the touches. 8-10 touches a game doesn't do Singletary any good.

the browns have a top 5 OL and the bills have a bottom 5 if not bottom 1. that makes an absolutely huge difference, probably the biggest difference in every single game compared to every other position unit except qb

its a joke putting mayfield ahead of allen. and so are the people promoting it

amazingly, the bills practice squad fill-ins did better today than the guys higher on the depth chart did the last month

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

16 hours ago, Toofast80 said:

JA is the best of that draft class, and the margin is getting larger every year!

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson, or Josh is a no brainer four years later. The 2018 qb draft class had much more hype than most with the 1st three considered can't miss by most. As it turns out only Jackson and JA are the only ones that are considered to be franchise players. Interestingly JA has been the only one that has signed that long term deal to date. Appears as if Darnold will be a career back up. Mayfield will never lead a team to the SB, and the Browns will move on if given the opportunity. Interestingly I would not be surprised if the Ravens decided to go in a different direction as a 1 win against 3 career playoff loses does not seem to be the answer. Josh Allen is cleary proving the Bills to be the clear winner of this particular draft diminishing those criticisms of not taking Mahommes the previous year. 

22 minutes ago, Greg said:

I am surprised the Ravens haven't signed Jackson to a long term deal yet. He has proven himself to be "the guy" in Baltimore. Mayfield doesn't deserve a long term deal and Darnold and Rosen are busts.

Pro Bowler Jackson should have signed a deal before the season started. Won't make the playoffs this year. 2021 stats 64% completion rate, 16 TD's / 13 INT's, 87 QB rating, 5.8 avg per pass completion. Defenses have figured out how to stop Harbaugh and Jackson.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sucked In Again said:

Pro Bowler Jackson should have signed a deal before the season started. Won't make the playoffs this year. 2021 stats 64% completion rate, 16 TD's / 13 INT's, 87 QB rating, 5.8 avg per pass completion. Defenses have figured out how to stop Harbaugh and Jackson.  

You have a good point. I still think the Ravens will sign him. He won't get as much as Allen and he doesn't deserve to. Curious to see what the Browns do with Mayfield though. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sucked In Again said:

Exactly why he was always going to be a gimmick player with a very small window to win a Lombardi and that has now passed. As long as he continues to rely on his legs without developing as a passer he'll always be the guy who will win you some games and crash land in the playoffs.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Here's how I'd break down that QB class going forward...

Allen - got his long-term deal and will prove to be worth it, whether or not he wins a SB, I don't know, but of the guys in the group, he'll be the best of the bunch 

Lamar - This one is interesting, I do think he gets the long term deal, but I think it's on the Ravens will regret, long term anyway. I see him as already reaching his ceiling, his pass game has gotten better, but it needs to get much better because I don't see him running as much in the coming years, as his body is already feeling it 

Mayfield - He's going to get Kirk Cousins type deal, and that's where I see him. You can win with him, but you need to have everything else around him. The deal he gets, I don't even know if it will be with the Browns. If they fail to do anything the next season or two, I could see them franchising him and trading him, or just letting him walk. What I really see, is he'll be involved in a deal that brings Watson to Cleveland, and he'll go elsewhere, maybe the Giants 

Darnold - A career backup, that will get a chance here and there 

Rosen - Will end up being an offensive coach somewhere in the next 4-5 years, experience from a bunch of different offenses will help