How US Police Training Compares with the Rest of the World

Professor Pigworth

1 hour ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Most of the people saying "defund the police" are activists, not politicians. There really haven't been any radical changes. 

https://www.secureamericanow.org/cities_defunding_police

The Minneapolis City Council has recently approved cutting $10 million from the police budget. This is the first permanent cut with more expected to follow.

“[Dismantling the police] is one step in a direction to create safety for every single resident of our city” - Minneapolis City Council

• 60% more homicides this year than last year
  • 269 violent shootings this year by July, equaling all of the shootings from last year

The Portland City Council cut $15 million from its police budget earlier this month. $5 million of that will be put toward a new program that sends unarmed first responders to answer homelessness calls.

“Defunding the police is a victory. We're not done.” - Portland City Council

• Violent shootings up 240% from 2019
  • Average homicide rates are up 10 more murders per month from 2019

New York City officials agreed on a budget that shifts roughly $1 billion from the police department, but advocates and lawmakers say the change doesn't go far enough.

“We think defunding police is the right thing to do.” - NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio

• 130% increase in shootings this year compared to last year
  • Murder totals this year have increased in every borough

• Like 1

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

Fuck cops.

But you're trying to take guns away from everyone and I hate that

So what if Euro cops get more training?.

They're still puppet dicks for the  State.

Cops need guns and so do citizens.

No guns is why euro countries can pull the covid camp bullshit. Extreme Quarantine etc.

I got pulled over once for absolutely nothing. The veteran guy was just training the rookie.  

I only had 2 beers and was driving home late on a weekend. I get pulled over after crossing a intersection light.

I feared maybe I crossed on red or something without paying attention.

It was a long time ago. I don't remember if he asked me about drinking or what ever.

But he checked my eyes with a ge light etc.

Had me step out.

At this point I'm scared. I did say to the young cop. I'm sure you understand, I'm a little nervous.

I hear a voice say. That's ok , we're nice.. or something to that effect.

I realize it's an older cop and a rookie. 

Shined my eye again, made me do something. Pure bullshit. 

############# 

Another time,, I lived in old apartment.. would smoke outside by street near sidewalk. Left my cigarette butts on the grass bear the curb .either church across street or someone complained.

I work late. Get woken up by cop coming to door . (Black cop,,) I didn't act too agreeable I guess.. he stands real close to my left side , starts sounding all authoritative, like I'm a threat or something.

I said something similar to.. " look, I worked late , I just woke up, so I'm a little disoriented. I'm a 38 year old man ( what ever I was at the time) and you're yelling  at me like I'm some  teen age gang thug or something,. I heard what you told me and I'll clean it up.......the look on his face softened and he backed up. I may have shaken his hand and said thanks...I don't remember.

( Lol I was actually surprised by myself how I handled that and got respect as well. I felt rather adult and smart at that moment. Probably gave him some thoughts too. 

Another time I get pulled over by a rookie ,for a lousy blinker I didn't know wasn't working. How could I tell he was a rookie?

He was young and yelling at me a bad grade school.PE coach lol. 

16 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Fuck cops.

But you're trying to take guns away from everyone and I hate that

So what if Euro cops get more training?.

They're still puppet dicks for the  State.

Cops need guns and so do citizens.

No guns is why euro countries can pull the covid camp bullshit. Extreme Quarantine etc.

I got pulled over once for absolutely nothing. The veteran guy was just training the rookie.  

I only had 2 beers and was driving home late on a weekend. I get pulled over after crossing a intersection light.

I feared maybe I crossed on red or something without paying attention.

It was a long time ago. I don't remember if he asked me about drinking or what ever.

But he checked my eyes with a ge light etc.

Had me step out.

At this point I'm scared. I did say to the young cop. I'm sure you understand, I'm a little nervous.

I hear a voice say. That's ok , we're nice.. or something to that effect.

I realize it's an older cop and a rookie. 

Shined my eye again, made me do something. Pure bullshit. 

############# 

Another time,, I lived in old apartment.. would smoke outside by street near sidewalk. Left my cigarette butts on the grass bear the curb .either church across street or someone complained.

I work late. Get woken up by cop coming to door . (Black cop,,) I didn't act too agreeable I guess.. he stands real close to my left side , starts sounding all authoritative, like I'm a threat or something.

I said something similar to.. " look, I worked late , I just woke up, so I'm a little disoriented. I'm a 38 year old man ( what ever I was at the time) and you're yelling  at me like I'm some  teen age gang thug or something,. I heard what you told me and I'll clean it up.......the look on his face softened and he backed up. I may have shaken his hand and said thanks...I don't remember.

( Lol I was actually surprised by myself how I handled that and got respect as well. I felt rather adult and smart at that moment. Probably gave him some thoughts too. 

Another time I get pulled over by a rookie ,for a lousy blinker I didn't know wasn't working. How could I tell he was a rookie?

He was young and yelling at me a bad grade school.PE coach lol. 

Yep, I enjoy typing long stories and just having them disappear lol.