US Army Creates Single Vaccine Against All COVID & SARS Variants, Researchers Say

HipKat

Within weeks, Walter Reed researchers expect to announce that human trials show success against Omicron—and even future strains.

Within weeks, scientists at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research expect to announce that they have developed a vaccine that is effective against COVID-19 and all its variants, even Omicron, as well as against previous SARS-origin viruses that have killed millions of people worldwide. 

The achievement is the result of almost two years of work on the virus. The Army lab received its first DNA sequencing of the COVID-19 virus in early 2020. Very early on, Walter Reed’s infectious diseases branch decided to focus on making a vaccine that would work against not just the existing strain but all of its potential variants as well.

Walter Reed’s Spike Ferritin Nanoparticle COVID-19 vaccine, or SpFN, completed animal trials earlier this year with positive results. Phase 1 of human trials, which tested the vaccine against Omicron and the other variants, wrapped up this month, again with positive results that are undergoing final review, Dr. Kayvon Modjarrad, director of Walter Reed’s infectious diseases branch, said in an exclusive interview with Defense One. The new vaccine will still need to undergo phase 2 and phase 3 trials.

Unlike existing vaccines, Walter Reed’s SpFN uses a soccer ball-shaped protein with 24 faces for its vaccine, which allows scientists to attach the spikes of multiple coronavirus strains on different faces of the protein.

“It's very exciting to get to this point for our entire team and I think for the entire Army as well,” Modjarrad said. 

The vaccine’s human trials took longer than expected, he said, because the lab needed to test the vaccine on subjects who had neither been vaccinated nor previously infected with COVID.

Increasing vaccination rates and the rapid spread of the Delta and Omicron variants made that difficult.  

“With Omicron, there's no way really to escape this virus. You're not going to be able to avoid it. So I think pretty soon either the whole world will be vaccinated or have been infected,” Modjarrad said.

The next step is seeing how the new pan-coronavirus vaccine interacts with people who were previously vaccinated or previously sick. Walter Reed is working with a yet-to-be-named industry partner for that wider rollout. 

“We need to evaluate it in the real-world setting and try to understand how does the vaccine perform in much larger numbers of individuals who have already been vaccinated with something else initially…or already been sick,” Modjarrad said.

He said nearly all of Walter Reed’s 2,500 staff have had some role in the vaccine’s nearly-two-year development.

“We decided to take a look at the long game rather than just only focusing on the original emergence of SARS, and instead understand that viruses mutate, there will be variants that emerge, future viruses that may emerge in terms of new species. Our platform and approach will equip people to be prepared for that.”

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

I don't know if I'd trust the Army with injecting some new franken-vaccine but their method seems better than what the private sector drummed up in a couple of weeks.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

8 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Hey, man.  HipKat has fully endorsed all the information as reliable and factual.  It's all good!  LOL

I didn't endorse anything, retard. It's just a news article that looked like it should be discussed. I know a little deep for your 10 year old mentality

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Why isn't this headline news across the world?  And that's college degree mentality to you. :classic_biggrin:

Dude, you graduated from community college 35 years ago. I'm sorry that the best part of college for you was whatever fraternity let you in as a joke but 35 years ago has no bearing on your wiping the asses of elderly people in the nursing home everyday, today

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

48 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Dude, you graduated from community college 35 years ago. I'm sorry that the best part of college for you was whatever fraternity let you in as a joke but 35 years ago has no bearing on your wiping the asses of elderly people in the nursing home everyday, today

Community college?  LOL.  Exclusive-hard-to-get-into private university.  How about you, shorty?

49 minutes ago, HipKat said:

When did I ever say I worked in an old folks home?  I work out of the house - great commute. As is so often the case, you proceed from a false assumption.  Wrongo, boy.  LOL

11 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Community college?  LOL.  Exclusive-hard-to-get-into private university.  How about you, shorty?

So exclusive that you refuse to divulge the name... get the FUCK outta here

Seek help. soflabillsfan

23 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

I've "divulged" the name numerous times in the past.  Frawk knows it.  Where's your memory, big puss?  Research it.  I don't spoon feed your kind. :classic_biggrin:

Umm, I've had you on ignore for most of the time I've been on this forum

Seek help. soflabillsfan

2 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Then you should enjoy the research project.  I did mention the name prior to you ever putting me on ignore.  Seriously.  The school is in Virginia. :classic_biggrin:

Ahhh, found it!!

Virginia Colleges Ranked by Lowest GPA

LIST OF COLLEGES BY GPA

Below is a list of the 41 colleges in Virginia with the lowest average high school GPA for incoming freshmen. Virginia Union University tops the list with an average reported GPA of 2.61. Note that not all colleges report GPA for their incoming class. Those with asterisk(*) denote a predicted GPA by the CollegeSimply AI algorithm.

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 minute ago, HipKat said:

Ahhh, found it!!

Virginia Colleges Ranked by Lowest GPA

LIST OF COLLEGES BY GPA

Below is a list of the 41 colleges in Virginia with the lowest average high school GPA for incoming freshmen. Virginia Union University tops the list with an average reported GPA of 2.61. Note that not all colleges report GPA for their incoming class. Those with asterisk(*) denote a predicted GPA by the CollegeSimply AI algorithm.

That's racist!  LOL.  Actually, VUU is a private all black college in my hometown of Richmond, VA.  That is not where I graduated from or attended....

Just now, Thebowflexbody said:

That's racist!  LOL.  Actually, VUU is a private all black college in my hometown of Richmond, VA. 

Speaking of shitholes....

Seek help. soflabillsfan

3 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Richmond?  The fuck are you talking about?  The Mecca.  Shithole it ain't.  You have to be kidding.  Most like myself live in the immediate 'burbs.  Like most actual cities, it's run by idiots and has been since 1970.

https://richmond.com/news/local/richmond-region-records-largest-single-year-spike-in-homelessness-with-50-increase/article_bef05f30-7338-552a-a957-b5ea2d7dd618.html

Seek help. soflabillsfan