Are electric cars better for the environment? Not a chance.

SackMan518

2 hours ago, FanBack said:

No Shit.  It's obvious.  The unitary battery reeks of a prototype rushed into application by ideological concerns and government fiat.

We can either go through a VHS/Beta world or come up with a unified battery pack sooner than later.  There will be a standard.  The question is whether the USA wants to lead in developing the standard or follow.  If the EU car makers or China decides without our input what the standard will be, then the US auto industry will have to follow.

Government can play an important in nudging technologies and getting proof of concepts that are for the greater good over the hump and accelerating their acceptance.

4 hours ago, foster said:

We can either go through a VHS/Beta world or come up with a unified battery pack sooner than later.  There will be a standard.  The question is whether the USA wants to lead in developing the standard or follow.  If the EU car makers or China decides without our input what the standard will be, then the US auto industry will have to follow.

Government can play an important in nudging technologies and getting proof of concepts that are for the greater good over the hump and accelerating their acceptance.

No the government can't.   They never have.   Do you mean geniuses like the Biden administration?   

It's not just the battery pack.   It's the infrastructure transition.   BTW, NEMA would be the best way to standardize.   Surely you're not STUPID ENOUGH to suggest that the government should develop those standards. 

Does salt water or fresh water make wicker more supple?

8 hours ago, FanBack said:

There is no existential 'need'.

However, once priceloint, life cycle payoff, availability, profitability and performance outweigh the costs of infrastructure transition ( performed by an environmental assessment to include the human costs) perhaps a transition can happen. 

I wish that our current administration has performed such an assessment prior to canceling the pipeline. 

I wish that you had the experience to webster the issue intelligently. 

You are trapped by your political bigotry.

'DUH.  FANBACK THE MAGAT CANNOT BE RIGHT ABOUT ANYTHING.'

I honestly don’t think our opinions are all that different. I think the end goal is similar. The way that we get there differs. I’m more accepting of change in any way it comes and learning from mistakes rather than accepting the status quo until every bug is ironed out. It we do that then you and I both know change will never happen.

5 hours ago, FanBack said:

No the government can't.   They never have.   Do you mean geniuses like the Biden administration?   

It's not just the battery pack.   It's the infrastructure transition.   BTW, NEMA would be the best way to standardize.   Surely you're not STUPID ENOUGH to suggest that the government should develop those standards. 

Does salt water or fresh water make wicker more supple?

They can play a role in helping the marketplace decide on a standard and supporting it. 

3 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I'm not doomsday person, but i think at the very most I'd go is a hybrid vehicle.  If shit were to hit the fan, our electric powergrid would go before our gas reserves

However, did you see how sick this Hyundai EV car looks?

https://www.motortrend.com/news/hyundai-grandeur-heritage-series-ev-restomod/

Right now I think plug in hybrid is the ultimate vehicle if you only want one vehicle.

Does that Hyundai come with Rich Corinthian Leather? (Think with your inner Ricardo Motalban).

That looks like an early 80s Chrysler lol 

1ADA5441-0419-4948-A61F-EB369252B73E.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I'm not doomsday person, but i think at the very most I'd go is a hybrid vehicle.  If shit were to hit the fan, our electric powergrid would go before our gas reserves

However, did you see how sick this Hyundai EV car looks?

https://www.motortrend.com/news/hyundai-grandeur-heritage-series-ev-restomod/

That's a cool blend of retro and modern

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

I'd like to think I could have an intelligent debate about the possible transition from AGF to electric transit. 

Then I realize you're the same liberal assholes who voted for Joe Biden knowing he would cancel the pipeline.  That put 10,000 people out of work immediately.   Now our supply chain is broken and we're having to draw from our reserves 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 11:59 AM, f8ta1ity54 said:

Lol great comeback.

I have a dislike for conservatism. I dont care what color you are. Conservatism within the republican party is based on traditionalism for traditions sake. Usually for racists, that means to want to preserve the racial power divide in this country. Particularly in the south. For Christians, that means living under Christian values and nothing else. They want all to live under their version of the sky man or society will crumble.

Conservatives also have delusions of a meritocracy and earning everything. Which in an advanced society, it's strange that everything humans need to survive- food, shelter, healthcare- are not provided to everyone. For some reason they believe everything should be behind a paywall that only the wealthiest can afford. 

Conservatism is a fear of the "other". Because some arbitrary lines were drawn, certain people are given no rights and treated like animals. Just because they lost the birth lottery.

So sure, call me a bigot. I'm intolerant of the intolerant. I'm a bigot of bigots. But at least my bigotry has some utility in society.

Again with the Christians are the problem thing, huh? BLM threaten to burn down NYC if police do their job, but Christians are causing a divide? I haven’t seen one post from you condemning this behavior from BLM. You think that type of behavior is going get people to listen? Things are going to get much worse if society is forced to take matters into their own hands because police can’t do anything about it, but you probably feel that people should just sit back and let their businesses looted because it will some how knock down that wall between races.

35 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

Again with the Christians are the problem thing, huh? BLM threaten to burn down NYC if police do their job, but Christians are causing a divide? I haven’t seen one post from you condemning this behavior from BLM. You think that type of behavior is going get people to listen? Things are going to get much worse if society is forced to take matters into their own hands because police can’t do anything about it, but you probably feel that people should just sit back and let their businesses looted because it will some how knock down that wall between races.

White Christian nationalism is a far worse danger to society than BLM. The GOP is actively trying to destroy democracy.

1. White Christian nationalists are trying to overturn Roe V Wade.

2. White Christian nationalists are suppressing voting rights around the country.

3. White Christian nationalists are trying to end gay marriage.

4. White Christian nationalists tried to overthrow a democratic process on 1/6.

5. White Christian nationalists are within our police and military.

6. White Christian nationalists are committing and threatening acts of terror.

I consider that more of a threat than some morons burning down some buildings. Which something like 93% of all BLM protests were non violent. Madison cawthorne and other white christian nationalists are stoking the flames of violence. They are ramping up their base with violent rhetoric. It's the right that is clamoring for a race war not BLM. BLM just wants equality.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

45 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

White Christian nationalism is a far worse danger to society than BLM. The GOP is actively trying to destroy democracy.

Wow, that is some top level brainwashing you have right there. First of all, Christianity isn't color specific.

46 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

There is nothing in the Constitution about abortion rights however there are many provisions for state's rights. The biggest issue with Roe v. Wade is that the American people were not allowed to vote on this issue and the precedent was set by a wonky legal ruling. You're for democracy right? Furthermore, there is no recognition of fetal rights to life which shouldn't be so much of an issue with birth control being cheap and easy to obtain. This issue is not exclusive to Christians as Muslims largely are against abortion as well and have laws against it in many of their countries.

52 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

2. White Christian nationalists are suppressing voting rights around the country.

Another BS narrative you were told and, again, not a religious specific issue. Most Americans support voter ID laws and other restrictions to ensure that only legal citizens vote and only legal votes are counted. Next!

53 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Where? Though many religions do not recognize same sex unions as marriage (hello Muslims again) by and large the majority of followers not only have no plans to end it but accept it as well. Another bogus argument by you.

56 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

False narrative again. The whole idea of the protest was via the notion that the Democratic process had been subverted through large corporations (Facebook), illegally counted mail in ballots, election laws improperly changed at the last minute, and zero chain of custody with the machines and physical ballots. The end goal was not to certify the election until forensic audits were done in the 5 major hot spot states. Two people were killed during the protest, both women and Trump supporters, with one being shot dead by a policeman (Ashley Babbitt) and the other beaten to death by Capitol police (Roseanne Boyland, no not an OD as was reported).

1 hour ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Non point. Various ethnic and religious groups are represented in the police and military. Sounds like you're inventing a boogeyman here bud.

Where? Kyle Rittenhouse? Nope. Most of the big violence we've seen lately has been left wing like the crazed BLM dude who decided to drive his car through a Christian holiday parade. Sounds to me that this loser was probably radicalized by people like you and whoever is programming your brain with this false matrix of White Christian world. Did white Christians burn down federal buildings and various city centers across the US? Nope, those were YOUR people who did that. Are white Christians donning explosive suicide vests? Nope. You know for all of these articles and stats we hear about right wing violence on the rise everytime we turn on the TV and see this stuff it's always leftists. The best you have is Charlottesville and even that was a bunch of bunk being that it was a statue rally that got hiijacked by extremists on both sides.

I consider that more of a threat than some morons burning down some buildings. Which something like 93% of all BLM protests were non violent. Madison cawthorne and other white christian nationalists are stoking the flames of violence. They are ramping up their base with violent rhetoric. It's the right that is clamoring for a race war not BLM. BLM just wants equality.

LOL. Buildings burning, cars exploding, stores robbed of their merchandise but it's "mostly peaceful." I got news for you buddy, BLM does NOT WANT equality - they want revenge for perceived injustices done by people who no longer exist and to foment a permanent grievance class that doesn't seek to really solve these issues but just cause further division. The so-called leaders of BLM probably don't even realize this but believe me the brains and money behind it do and you're just another fool playing a part in their hussle. To make matters worse they're protesting an issue that rarely occurs according to statistics and act like cops are out hunting black people which, in today's political climate, would only result in their careers being ruined, being shunned from polite society, and possibly facing incarceration. To tell you the truth, if I'm a cop right now I'm looking the other way especially if I'm close to retirement and just trying to ride out my time until the end. Of course, don't take my word for it:

Survey says more than half NYPD wishes they never joined the force

My retirement date is next month,” said one 20-year veteran who took the survey. “I can’t wait to run out of here.”

The officer, who would only provide his first name, Dan, said the job has hit “rock bottom” — and he’s even steered his own son away from a calling that was once proudly passed down from generation to generation.

Most who took the survey think things will only get worse, with 79% of the 5,935 respondents polled in March saying they don’t think the city will be safer in two years.

“The city is absolutely not safe at all. Bail reform. Criminals being released. Everyone knows what’s going on,” the veteran cop added.

Not only did 56 percent of cops say they wouldn’t put on the badge if they had to do it all over again, but a majority feel the public disrespects (46 percent agree, 42 percent disagree) and distrusts (44 to 41 percent) them...

...A staggering 80 percent of the officers, detectives, sergeants, lieutenants and captains surveyed now fear aggressively fighting crime because of the threat of criminal liability,  being sued, or being unfairly disciplined.

PS - Why do you hate white people so much?

• Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

5 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Wow, that is some top level brainwashing you have right there. First of all, Christianity isn't color specific.

There is nothing in the Constitution about abortion rights however there are many provisions for state's rights. The biggest issue with Roe v. Wade is that the American people were not allowed to vote on this issue and the precedent was set by a wonky legal ruling. You're for democracy right? Furthermore, there is no recognition of fetal rights to life which shouldn't be so much of an issue with birth control being cheap and easy to obtain. This issue is not exclusive to Christians as Muslims largely are against abortion as well and have laws against it in many of their countries.

Another BS narrative you were told and, again, not a religious specific issue. Most Americans support voter ID laws and other restrictions to ensure that only legal citizens vote and only legal votes are counted. Next!

Where? Though many religions do not recognize same sex unions as marriage (hello Muslims again) by and large the majority of followers not only have no plans to end it but accept it as well. Another bogus argument by you.

False narrative again. The whole idea of the protest was via the notion that the Democratic process had been subverted through large corporations (Facebook), illegally counted mail in ballots, election laws improperly changed at the last minute, and zero chain of custody with the machines and physical ballots. The end goal was not to certify the election until forensic audits were done in the 5 major hot spot states. Two people were killed during the protest, both women and Trump supporters, with one being shot dead by a policeman (Ashley Babbitt) and the other beaten to death by Capitol police (Roseanne Boyland, no not an OD as was reported).

Non point. Various ethnic and religious groups are represented in the police and military. Sounds like you're inventing a boogeyman here bud.

Where? Kyle Rittenhouse? Nope. Most of the big violence we've seen lately has been left wing like the crazed BLM dude who decided to drive his car through a Christian holiday parade. Sounds to me that this loser was probably radicalized by people like you and whoever is programming your brain with this false matrix of White Christian world. Did white Christians burn down federal buildings and various city centers across the US? Nope, those were YOUR people who did that. Are white Christians donning explosive suicide vests? Nope. You know for all of these articles and stats we hear about right wing violence on the rise everytime we turn on the TV and see this stuff it's always leftists. The best you have is Charlottesville and even that was a bunch of bunk being that it was a statue rally that got hiijacked by extremists on both sides.

LOL. Buildings burning, cars exploding, stores robbed of their merchandise but it's "mostly peaceful." I got news for you buddy, BLM does NOT WANT equality - they want revenge for perceived injustices done by people who no longer exist and to foment a permanent grievance class that doesn't seek to really solve these issues but just cause further division. The so-called leaders of BLM probably don't even realize this but believe me the brains and money behind it do and you're just another fool playing a part in their hussle. To make matters worse they're protesting an issue that rarely occurs according to statistics and act like cops are out hunting black people which, in today's political climate, would only result in their careers being ruined, being shunned from polite society, and possibly facing incarceration. To tell you the truth, if I'm a cop right now I'm looking the other way especially if I'm close to retirement and just trying to ride out my time until the end. Of course, don't take my word for it:

My retirement date is next month,” said one 20-year veteran who took the survey. “I can’t wait to run out of here.”

The officer, who would only provide his first name, Dan, said the job has hit “rock bottom” — and he’s even steered his own son away from a calling that was once proudly passed down from generation to generation.

Most who took the survey think things will only get worse, with 79% of the 5,935 respondents polled in March saying they don’t think the city will be safer in two years.

“The city is absolutely not safe at all. Bail reform. Criminals being released. Everyone knows what’s going on,” the veteran cop added.

Not only did 56 percent of cops say they wouldn’t put on the badge if they had to do it all over again, but a majority feel the public disrespects (46 percent agree, 42 percent disagree) and distrusts (44 to 41 percent) them...

...A staggering 80 percent of the officers, detectives, sergeants, lieutenants and captains surveyed now fear aggressively fighting crime because of the threat of criminal liability,  being sued, or being unfairly disciplined.

F8 runs and hides when he doesn’t know how how to answer for his own bs. He used to be against all religion, then it was Christianity now it’s white Christians. Move the goal post much? Christians are horrible for standing up for the rights of unborn children, Christians are not the only ones who believe abortion is wrong, even some atheists believe it’s wrong to murder babies. Like I’ve said so many times before, if it isn’t wrong then why do so many feel so bad about doing it?

8 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

BIG FAT YAWN.  YOU'RE STUPID.

8 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

You are far too kind giving him these articulate responses. 

He is scum that doesn't warrant legit discussion IMO, but hats off to you for being better than me.

I think this guy wants to live by freeloading off the backs of a movement that is designed to seek revenge against people that did nothing to them, and to enter an Era of black supremacy and racism like never seen before.

It's not happening, and idiots like him are working on pushing both sides over the edge and starting a civil war...a war that his side will lose badly, which will actually set back minorities and this country back even further.

Talk about stupidity. That clown has no fucking idea what he's promoting 

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/electric-cars-co2-emissions-global-warming/

EDITORIALS

Why Calling Electric Cars 'Zero Emission' Is Blatantly False Advertising

Environment: If truth-in-advertising laws were properly enforced, any company that labeled a battery-powered car as "zero emissions" would be guilty of breaking the law. A new report, in fact, shows that electric cars can be worse than conventional cars when it comes to greenhouse gas emissions.

X

Yeah, we have another distribution date for the NASDAQ on Thursday.

In a recent news release, General Motors (GM) said it planned to someday be an all-electric "zero emissions" car company. Toyota (TM) says it wants all its cars to be "zero emission" by 2050. Other car companies are making similar promises. The push to go electric is largely being driven by fears about global warming and the desire to reduce CO2 emissions.

But the term "zero emission" is so unbelievably and wildly misleading that it's a wonder anyone gets away using it.

Yes, the plug-in electric cars that automakers are touting — and states like California are mandating — don't emit pollutants from their tailpipes.

That doesn't mean they don't contribute to pollution. It just means that the source of the pollution moves from the car to a power plant. That's especially true when it comes to CO2 emissions, which the power plant might pump out in copious amounts, depending on its energy source.

So, every time an electric car gets recharged, it's contributing to additional CO2 emissions.

Just how much CO2 is made plain in a new report from the University of Michigan's Transportation Research Institute. It calculated the CO2 emissions from plug-in electrics, depending on the energy sources used to generate electricity in various countries, and then translated that into miles per gallon.

The result is eye-opening.

The report — authored by Michael Sivak and Brandon Schoettle —  notes that an electric car recharged by a coal-fired plant produces as much CO2 as a gasoline-powered car that gets 29 miles per gallon. (For context, the average mpg of all the cars, SUVs, vans and light trucks sold in the U.S. over the past year is 25.2 mpg.) A plug-in recharged by a natural gas-powered plant is like driving a car that gets 58 miles per gallon.

Solar, wind and geothermal do far better on this score, but they generate a small portion of the nation's electricity. More than 64% of electricity is generated by coal, natural gas or other fossil fuels.

The U of M researchers calculate that, given the energy mix in the U.S., the average plug-in produces as much CO2 as a conventional car that gets 55.4 miles per gallon.

In China — which is winning all sorts of plaudits for its commitment to electric cars but is more dependent on coal — a plug-in generates the same CO2 as a 40 mpg car. In India, plug-ins are even less clean, emitting the same CO2 as a car that gets 35.7 mpg.

Worldwide, the researchers found, the CO2 emissions from electric cars are equal to a 51.5 mpg car.

That is better than conventional cars on the road today, to be sure, but it is far from zero.

And even this exaggerates the environmental benefits of electric cars because the report doesn't take into account the additional CO2 emissions involved in making batteries.

A separate study from the Union of Concerned Scientists found that, depending on the type of plug-in being built, manufacturing a battery-powered car generates anywhere from 15% to 68% more CO2 emissions than a conventional gas-powered car. The reason is that producing the batteries is incredibly energy intensive.

Over the lifetime of a car, then, a plug-in could, depending on where one lives, contribute more to global warming than those nasty gasoline powered cars.

Whatever the case, it's clear that labeling electric cars as "zero emission" is one of the biggest consumer scams going.

RELATED:

Global Warming: Who Are The Deniers Now?

The UN Admits That The Paris Climate Deal Was A Fraud

Al Gore's Climate Change Hypocrisy Is As Big As His Energy-Sucking Mansion

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 3:25 PM, foster said:

It's hate posts like this that cause unhinged Jeffries to violent crime; see:  Waukesha.

Right now OPEC+ is deciding how to respond to the latest Variant news - continue with current production or peel back out of fear of causing an oversupply issue. 

Moving to less reliability on imported fossil fuels is also a good geopolitical strategy and protects the USA. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, foster said:

Right now OPEC+ is deciding how to respond to the latest Variant news - continue with current production or peel back out of fear of causing an oversupply issue. 

Moving to less reliability on imported fossil fuels is also a good geopolitical strategy and protects the USA. 

Come on, MAGATs don't actually care about the US. They just care about some mythical ideals they think the US represents. Which happens to be conservative values... Oh, and billionaires. Gotta protect the oil billionaires.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Come on, MAGATs don't actually care about the US. They just care about some mythical ideals they think the US represents. Which happens to be conservative values... Oh, and billionaires. Gotta protect the oil billionaires.

And if they really wanted energy independence they would prohibit the export of energy products….but that’s inconvenient. For every BBL out there’s a BBL coming back in and the money made off of those transactions never saves the American citizen a penny. It also forces the USA to look the other way when our petroleum partners saw up a journalist or take down our buildings 

11 hours ago, foster said:

Thanks to Biden we're back to relying on imported product.  Why fail to mention that?

21 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Well at least you got the first half of the sentence right.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile