Daboll or McDermott?

seandelevan

5 hours ago, foster said:

I like Daboll. I also like McD. 

I feel McD brings an intangible that’s hard to find in most coaches, a steady, even keel with the ability to press the right button with the right result when necessary. 

He’s the voice of reason and has the trust of his players. 

I’ll give McD credit for that. He’s def a good program builder. Knows how to say the right thing. Can build a good defense. Other than that….ehhhh

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

15 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Bump

Daboll has the shitty Giants at 2-0 and has made Daniel Jones look decent.

Again…I wonder what the Bills would look like if Allen had a guru like Daboll as HC instead of a Mike Tomlin 2.0 as head coach. And trust me, McDermott is Tomlin 2.0

Allen would probably be throwing for 500 yards to guys with Olympic speed and blowing the doors off teams instead of holding on for dear life with 13 seconds left because we put all our faith in the defensive line. 

You mean the Mike Tomlin with 2 super bowl rings Liberal Shithead Sean? Also, check Allen's stats in that 13 second game. Bills loss was not because they didn't score enough. 

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"Are you a Jedi?" "I am" Din Djarin to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

#Cup or Bust 2023 #Bowl or Bust 2022 - It is the way.

16 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Bump

Daboll has the shitty Giants at 2-0 and has made Daniel Jones look decent.

Again…I wonder what the Bills would look like if Allen had a guru like Daboll as HC instead of a Mike Tomlin 2.0 as head coach. And trust me, McDermott is Tomlin 2.0

Allen would probably be throwing for 500 yards to guys with Olympic speed and blowing the doors off teams instead of holding on for dear life with 13 seconds left because we put all our faith in the defensive line. 

No.  That is superficial thinking at the technician level; a head coach is managing at the strategic level. 

Here is why Daboll is off to a great start as the HC:  He gets it.  He gets that he is not the offensive coordinator anymore.   That may be where he can provide the most insight, but he isn't directing plays.   The most promising thing I've heard:  'I told Mike (Kafka) "get your best two- point play ready if we score.   We're going for it"'.  Who was his example?  McDermott. 

A defensive head coach that supports chucking the ball all over the field and doesn't dictate the defensive calls. 

Yes, McDermott was conservative in 2017 - 2019; but that made the most sense to win.  

2017:  Rick Dennison and Tyrod Taylor combo:  shit, I'd punt on 3rd and 4.

2018:  Rookie Josh Allen?

2019:  No true number 1?

• Like 2

Here's Newsday's grade on the Giants offense yesterday:

D

OFFENSE
Scoring one touchdown and relying on a pair of 50-yard-plus field goals is not exactly a recipe for sustained success, but the Giants did enough to make it work. They converted only six of 18 third downs, including a 15-yard pass to Richie James that jump-started the TD drive and an 11-yard run by Daniel Jones to seal the win. Saquon Barkley wasn’t as prodigious as he was in the opener, rushing for 72 yards on 21 carries with three catches for another 16. Get used to that, Giants. Nobody is going to let Barkley beat them singlehandedly the way he did against the Titans

22 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Bump

Good thread to bump.

- I can’t stand McDermott

- I’m rooting for Daniel Jones, not so much Daboll because I think his play calling is atrocious.  Rooting for the GM too (name escapes me).   

- Tomlin only has a job because the Steelers were woke before woke became cool…

• Laugh 1

3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Yup he called for 21 straight pass plays at one point….this is when the bills Made the game a blowout. Never run….

Will liberal shithead Sean remember this next time he says McDermott wants a running team?

• Penis 1

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

5 hours ago, daryls61 said:

Will liberal shithead Sean remember this next time he says McDermott wants a running team?

He does…but he’s also not retarded like you. He sees that we simply can’t run the ball like he wants. Ever notice we also start every game run heavy? If it were ever to work you better believe he will keep pounding the rock. But it doesn’t.

• Like 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

49 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

He does…but he’s also not retarded like you. He sees that we simply can’t run the ball like he wants. Ever notice we also start every game run heavy? If it were ever to work you better believe he will keep pounding the rock. But it doesn’t.

If you want to know who wanted to run the ball, just look at how much Dabol runs Barkley. Dabol wants to run.  The thing that is good about a defensive head coach is they know what beats defenses so they want that on offense and that is passing in todays NFL. Also, if your offense sucks, you can just fire the OC and hire another one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daryls61 said:

If you want to know who wanted to run the ball, just look at how much Dabol runs Barkley. Dabol wants to run.  The thing that is good about a defensive head coach is they know what beats defenses so they want that on offense and that is passing in todays NFL. Also, if your offense sucks, you can just fire the OC and hire another one. 

You are completely wrong. McD went out of his way last year to talk about wanting to be more two dimensional. Daboll has Barkley now, who is better than any RB we have on our roster. Why the hell would he NOT run more?

• Like 1